Luke Skywalker Coin Information Request

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
I received this coin as part of a mixed lot that I got from a collector in the US about two years ago and I'm after some info on it. Sorry about the poor photo. Really hard to take them so close up. It's about 3cm in diameter and silver in colour.

COIN%20003.jpg

COIN%20006.jpg

Basically I had some rarer stuff (eg. Remote Controlled Sandcrawler) off him through ebay and he mentioned that he was selling quite a bit of his Star Wars collectables.

Essentially he did me a job lot that included carded figures, trading cards and so on. He also had some really rare stuff that he wasn't selling but was kind enough to send me some photos of. Apparently he had got lots of stuff through a relative at kenner literally by the case load. Creates of minirigs, in house promotions etc. Anyway he sent me all the stuff he had listed to me plus some extras which was very kind.

The coin was listed in the inventory as a prototype coin but at the time I wasn't really interested as I was far more interested in the other stuff.

Anyway two years on and I've brought more stuff out of storage at a relatives house and this was in there forgotten about. I've looked on the net and it looks like this one. Do you agree? Is it worth anything or just interesting?

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=38747

Any more info on it would be great. I'm afraid my knowledge of Star Wars coins is very limited.

spoons

Grand Master
according to the link it is a proto and hence my comment about it being one of 400 - the text on the back was not reproduced on any other x-wing coins

Its a nice item 8)

Bollux

Grand Master
I am sure that I have read about this coin in Sansweets book. Definitely a rare one if its smaller than the regular ones, think it said it was a proto

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Is there a big market in collecting coins? I know I've seen a few guys posting pics on the forum but haven't really looked closely.

Is it something worth getting into now I've pretty much completed my carded and loose collections?

Remember seeing a AFA graded coin on here somewhere and it looked really cool.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
some people like collecting the coins, some people dont see the point. im one of the ones who does collect the coins and to me its a worth while investment. they look really goo when you have them displayed side by side.

but on the other hand i wouldnt advise you collecting them because then there would be less for me to buy!!! :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom