Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 29 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Taffius
Regular
Regular

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 29 LAUNCHED

Postby Taffius » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:24 pm

I have been trying to catch up on the podcasts and just creased up at my work desk, in tears / bits listening and laughing at the end piece Re: Hawaii and duck title debate. Richard is not a happy duck at all!

Very good, top drawer fun. Thanks again all. Brilliant.

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Taffius wrote:I have been trying to catch up on the podcasts and just creased up at my work desk, in tears / bits listening and laughing at the end piece Re: Hawaii and duck title debate. Richard is not a happy duck at all!

Thanks Taffius. That outtake cracks us all up, I was crying.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Taffius wrote:I have been trying to catch up on the podcasts and just creased up at my work desk, in tears / bits listening and laughing at the end piece Re: Hawaii and duck title debate. Richard is not a happy duck at all!

Couldn't agree more... I remember very well pulling up to the gate at work and being unable to use my key fob access because I was laughing so much.. best out-take ever
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Taffius
Regular
Regular

Postby Taffius » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:52 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:

Couldn't agree more... I remember very well pulling up to the gate at work and being unable to use my key fob access because I was laughing so much.. best out-take ever

Great! I am still chuckling now. It was fantastic. So funny. The outakes at the end of these are priceless!

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:07 pm

The actual recording was about 50 minutes of BS. I actually went away and came back about 10 mins later and they were still prattling on
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Taffius
Regular
Regular

Postby Taffius » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:36 am

Richard_H wrote:The actual recording was about 50 minutes of BS. I actually went away and came back about 10 mins later and they were still prattling on

Richard,
You did not seem happy. The more you made your point it seemed they just digged in. I really dont know what pushed me over the edge - their constant laughing or your sensible level headed professional approach to strive for a superior product, then for them to just carry on regardless.
I have not been in stitches like that for a long time. 29 made my day.
Thanks again for all that you guys provide!

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 am

Regarding the 1984 'collectors' reissues of 70s things, the theory of it coinciding with the free-to-air USTV showing of Star Wars is a great one. Makes total sense. I hadn't considered that.

While I remember the open bonnet Landspeeder turning up in my life circa 84, I'm thinking that it was a missed oppertunity for us Brits to get Dewbacks. Or, at least, I never saw one. Did anyone else clap eyes on one in the UK?

Rich, I'm beginning to think you're a troublemaker. I can imagine you coming over to me in 1984 telling be that my new improved Landspeeder is a load of old rubbish trying to ruin my parade.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”