THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 29 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
bespin-ep29-podbean_zpsq2jtdpy1.jpg

The Vintage Rebellion return with a shorter show (but still generally longer than most other podcasts) after such a short period since the last show.

Todd Hudson joins the Rebellion to discuss his collecting habits as he delves into his past to discuss his once impressive Chewbacca focus, and more up to date collecting as examine his love of preproduction collectibles including Revenge Proofs, 4 ups, Boxflats amongst many other items.

Criz Bee of JediBusiness.com and Galaxy of Toys and ToyRun Podcasts joins Grant for this months oddballs as they look at modern collecting with a Vintage Twist, a real must listen from a true modern expert.

Chris Georgoulis joins Richard for Rebel Briefings for an educational and fascinating discussion as he was reunited with a Wax Sculpt head and Tusken body.  Marc Walsh also returns to the show to discuss his new shop that he's recently opened in Blackpool.

Pete brings us a look at the recent Propstore Auction in this months Market, and be sure to listen on at the end of the show as Rich goes into meltdown!!!!!!

Enjoy the Show!!!

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Nice, another Vintage Rebellion already. Looks like my work commute entertainment is all set for the upcoming week.
Thanks fellas!

BruceW

Padawan
Awesome episode, guys! Loved the interview with Chris G, especially about the tooling changes to the molds, which explains a lot about all those minor detail "variants" that are currently all the rage! Very cool interview with Todd Hudson as well.

Cheers lads,
Bruce

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Listening to Chris's interview about wax sculpts. I was surprised to hear that it is apparently commonplace in the prototype scene to restore them, he gave examples of replacing pins and adding sticky wax to make the limbs stiffer. People get hounded about repro weapons and repainting production figures, so I'm amazed it is acceptable to restore one of a kind prototypes.

This isn't a dig at them for doing it, but I think it does again raise the question of why Star Wars toy collectors are so anti restoration when it is perfectly acceptable in other collecting circles.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The same is for props as well mate. They are often restored. I guess match of it is to do with how far they have deteriorated and if the restoration can restore the item.

MrKutzzy

Padawan
Really enjoyed that as per lads and cheers for the shout out at near the end but i must add ......... I didnt manage to listen to them all in a week , although i did get through a fair chunk of them :D
Very interesting and informative , I love the stories and theories about the pre-production processes .

Good job gents !!

Dave :D

Richard_H

Grand Master
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Why did the title change from 'Aloha TaunTodd 5-0 Quack' to 'Bespin Boxflats'??

because it was an in-joke which was done to death. I don't want to go down that path again it was painful enough :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Why did the title change from 'Aloha TaunTodd 5-0 Quack' to 'Bespin Boxflats'??

That's a very good question. Oh by the way after a Stu slip of the tongue it was very nearly Bespin Box Flaps! 8)

MrKutzzy said:
Hey Richard , I hope your poorly testicle is feeling better now :lol:

I don't think Richard realised he said that dude. It was the most random, out of place excuse in the world. The fact that he doesn't recollect it now is troubling. :lol:

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Another killer show.
Great guests yet again.
Does Rich not know the more you ask pal's to stop something the more it goes on :lol: , I can see this rumbling on for month's.
The Doughnut anagram had it for me :D

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Great show and enjoyed Grant's interview with Criz. When you guys were discussing the 2006 Saga Collection remake of the Imperial Shuttle, you brought up the copyright stamp was changed. I was at a toy show in Vancouver, WA a few weeks ago and one of the dealers was selling the Saga Collection Imperial Shuttle loose. I hadn't looked at one in person before and was checking it out to see if there were any differences between it and my original vintage one. I mentioned that I thought it was cool how they gave it a more weathered look for the paint app for the new version. He looked at me confused and said it was the original vintage one. He showed me the copyright and sure enough, it still had the 1984 Kenner stamp. I tried to explain that it wasn't, but could tell he was getting annoyed so I just walked away. :) Just thought it was ironic that you brought up this very ship during your interview.

maxf

Jedi Master
Great show guys - really enjoyed this one!

Listened to it on my commute (on my push bike!) - really cool.

spoons

Grand Master
Interesting interviews chaps. Chris had good insights and good to hear Todd in person. I bought a couple of prototypes off him back in the day and had no idea that he was selling up. But I really hope he doesn't cut up that trilogo sheet...

Edd raised an interesting point earlier - why are repros so frowned upon when restored wax sculpts are OK?

Maybe pricing has a part to play. If loose vintage wasn't massively overpriced the issue of undeclared repros would be an annoyance rather than a costly exercise.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Another v enjoyable show guys. Great stuff :) Enjoyed Ur interview Grant 8)

"Water off a duck's back" great injoke :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So is anybody going to own up as to why there was no latest acquisitions? One of my favourite bits!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom