Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 29 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 29 LAUNCHED

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:31 pm

The Vintage Rebellion return with a shorter show (but still generally longer than most other podcasts) after such a short period since the last show.

Todd Hudson joins the Rebellion to discuss his collecting habits as he delves into his past to discuss his once impressive Chewbacca focus, and more up to date collecting as examine his love of preproduction collectibles including Revenge Proofs, 4 ups, Boxflats amongst many other items.

Criz Bee of JediBusiness.com and Galaxy of Toys and ToyRun Podcasts joins Grant for this months oddballs as they look at modern collecting with a Vintage Twist, a real must listen from a true modern expert.

Chris Georgoulis joins Richard for Rebel Briefings for an educational and fascinating discussion as he was reunited with a Wax Sculpt head and Tusken body.  Marc Walsh also returns to the show to discuss his new shop that he's recently opened in Blackpool.

Pete brings us a look at the recent Propstore Auction in this months Market, and be sure to listen on at the end of the show as Rich goes into meltdown!!!!!!

Enjoy the Show!!!
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Seahawks
Regular
Regular

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 29 LAUNCHED

Postby Seahawks » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Nice, another Vintage Rebellion already. Looks like my work commute entertainment is all set for the upcoming week.
Thanks fellas!

BruceW
Regular
Regular

Postby BruceW » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:26 am

Awesome episode, guys! Loved the interview with Chris G, especially about the tooling changes to the molds, which explains a lot about all those minor detail "variants" that are currently all the rage! Very cool interview with Todd Hudson as well.

Cheers lads,
Bruce
Last edited by BruceW on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Great, downloading now!

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 am

Listening to Chris's interview about wax sculpts. I was surprised to hear that it is apparently commonplace in the prototype scene to restore them, he gave examples of replacing pins and adding sticky wax to make the limbs stiffer. People get hounded about repro weapons and repainting production figures, so I'm amazed it is acceptable to restore one of a kind prototypes.

This isn't a dig at them for doing it, but I think it does again raise the question of why Star Wars toy collectors are so anti restoration when it is perfectly acceptable in other collecting circles.

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:55 pm

The same is for props as well mate. They are often restored. I guess match of it is to do with how far they have deteriorated and if the restoration can restore the item.

MrKutzzy
Regular
Regular

Postby MrKutzzy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Awesome news !! Really enjoy these , Will have a listen tonight :D

fuzzybuzzytoys
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby fuzzybuzzytoys » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:53 am

Why did the title change from 'Aloha TaunTodd 5-0 Quack' to 'Bespin Boxflats'??
GW Acrylic UK. Speciality Display Products: http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk
Yavin 4 Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580651845528169/

MrKutzzy
Regular
Regular

Postby MrKutzzy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:59 am

Really enjoyed that as per lads and cheers for the shout out at near the end but i must add ......... I didnt manage to listen to them all in a week , although i did get through a fair chunk of them :D
Very interesting and informative , I love the stories and theories about the pre-production processes .

Good job gents !!

Dave :D

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:50 am

fuzzybuzzytoys wrote:Why did the title change from 'Aloha TaunTodd 5-0 Quack' to 'Bespin Boxflats'??

because it was an in-joke which was done to death. I don't want to go down that path again it was painful enough :lol:
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

MrKutzzy
Regular
Regular

Postby MrKutzzy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Hey Richard , I hope your poorly testicle is feeling better now :lol:

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:17 pm

I have no idea what you're on about. :lol:

Just been told that I need another ankle rebuild so I'm not all there at the moment
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:50 pm

fuzzybuzzytoys wrote:Why did the title change from 'Aloha TaunTodd 5-0 Quack' to 'Bespin Boxflats'??

That's a very good question. Oh by the way after a Stu slip of the tongue it was very nearly Bespin Box Flaps! 8)

MrKutzzy wrote:Hey Richard , I hope your poorly testicle is feeling better now :lol:

I don't think Richard realised he said that dude. It was the most random, out of place excuse in the world. The fact that he doesn't recollect it now is troubling. :lol:

laurencedyer
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby laurencedyer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 pm

Another killer show.
Great guests yet again.
Does Rich not know the more you ask pal's to stop something the more it goes on :lol: , I can see this rumbling on for month's.
The Doughnut anagram had it for me :D
My grandfather Designed Palitoy's Finished Goods warehouse - read my research here.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27216

Seahawks
Regular
Regular

Postby Seahawks » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:09 am

Great show and enjoyed Grant's interview with Criz. When you guys were discussing the 2006 Saga Collection remake of the Imperial Shuttle, you brought up the copyright stamp was changed. I was at a toy show in Vancouver, WA a few weeks ago and one of the dealers was selling the Saga Collection Imperial Shuttle loose. I hadn't looked at one in person before and was checking it out to see if there were any differences between it and my original vintage one. I mentioned that I thought it was cool how they gave it a more weathered look for the paint app for the new version. He looked at me confused and said it was the original vintage one. He showed me the copyright and sure enough, it still had the 1984 Kenner stamp. I tried to explain that it wasn't, but could tell he was getting annoyed so I just walked away. :) Just thought it was ironic that you brought up this very ship during your interview.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”