ROTJ Kiln Craft Mugs

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
I'm trying to get to the bottom of how many ROTJ Kiln Craft mugs were produced. On the SWCA website there are 6 mugs listed but not all with photos:

___ Ceramic Mug (Han, AT-ST, Admiral Ackbar, Imperial Shuttle, R2-D2, Wicket)
___ Ceramic Mug (Jabba, Emperor, Darth Vader)
___ Ceramic Mug (Logray, Lando, Leia, Luke, & Jabba's Aliens)
___ Ceramic Mug (Luke, Leia, Lando)
___ Ceramic Mug (Paploo, Wicket, R2-D2)
___ Ceramic Mug (Speeder Bike, Royal Guard, Darth Vader Helmet)

I have three of these mugs and looking at the descriptions above I think the other 3 are just duplicates of these three from a different angle so in fact making only 3 mugs produced. What I'd like to find out is if any SWFUK forum members have these mugs to check to see if they differ from the ones I've got (photo below) and to post a photo of theirs so I know what to look out for.

1.jpg

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
No idea how many were produced but i have the one on the right of your photo with Han, AT-ST, Admiral Ackbar, Imperial Shuttle, R2-D2, Wicket on the mug just like yours. On ebay at the moment the one on the right of your photo like mine is for sale and a mug like yours in the middle of the photo is for sale too. "completed items" doesn't bring up much else.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Silly me. Just dug out my old Tomart Price Guide and it shows all 6. That'll teach me to rely so heavily on the internet. Old skool is still useful :)

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
jedi_mister said:
I'm trying to get to the bottom of how many ROTJ Kiln Craft mugs were produced. On the SWCA website there are 6 mugs listed but not all with photos:

___ Ceramic Mug (Han, AT-ST, Admiral Ackbar, Imperial Shuttle, R2-D2, Wicket)
___ Ceramic Mug (Jabba, Emperor, Darth Vader)
___ Ceramic Mug (Logray, Lando, Leia, Luke, & Jabba's Aliens)
___ Ceramic Mug (Luke, Leia, Lando)
___ Ceramic Mug (Paploo, Wicket, R2-D2)
___ Ceramic Mug (Speeder Bike, Royal Guard, Darth Vader Helmet)

I have three of these mugs and looking at the descriptions above I think the other 3 are just duplicates of these three from a different angle so in fact making only 3 mugs produced. What I'd like to find out is if any SWFUK forum members have these mugs to check to see if they differ from the ones I've got (photo below) and to post a photo of theirs so I know what to look out for.

Right mate, i've got to the bottom of this mystery. As soon as i submitted my reply i remembered i had my battered second edition tomart guide to SW Merchandise.
Page 55 states that there are actually 6 of these ROTJ Kiln craft mugs!

There's a (low quality B+W) smallish photo of each of these mugs.
First mug is of Paploo, wicket and R2 in an endor setting with leaves.
Second mug is the mug you have on the left.
Third mug has an image of Luke jedi without his cape, Leia seemingly with her hair down as in the scenes on Endor during the ceremony where the Ewoks aim to BBQ Han, Luke and R2 and Lando in disguise holding his vibro axe in Jabba's palace.
The fourth mug is a bit of a mystery, it has Darth with crossed arms with i believe the emperor to his left and Jabba i think to the emperor's left although due to the poor quality of the pic on the book it looks like a blob. The last 2 mug photos is the two you have.

On the same page are photos of all the ceramic SW characters that Sigma released. If anyone wants info on those i would happily help.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
rhyfelyser said:
Phuck you beat me to it! :D What is that fourth mug about?

:D

Have added the picture from Tomart's Guide just in case anybody else needs it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Looks like the fourth mug is as you described.

2.jpg

Hopefully somebody on here has these mugs and can post better quality pics.

lejackal

Grand Master
Might as well give this a little bump as I've just picked one up, I'd never seen these before until the one I got popped up on ebay -

kilncraft.png

Anyone else have any of these?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom