Improved Image Uploading For Mobiles!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Following feedback on a Facebook poll I started where several people said that the image file size limitation of this site was a real problem for mobile users, I have implemented a tool that automatically resizes and compresses images.

Previously the maximum file size you could upload as an attachment was 1mb. This was fine 5 years ago, but now most people browse the internet on their mobile phones which have much better cameras. 1mb is no longer enough and meant people had to manually resize images before uploading, which is a pain. I don't have enough server space to simply allow unlimited image file sizes, so instead I have configured it so that any images uploaded over a certain size are automatically scaled down and resaved at a much lower file size.

This works on any device, whether you are on a desktop PC or on your phone. So you should now be able to simply press the attachments button, and then choose images from your phones image library and upload without hassle.

Hopefully this is a game changer for many of you who find uploading images to imageshack etc too time consuming :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
That's great news Edd, a blinder for technophobes like me, plus Flikr and Photobucket for me recently has been hit and miss via the ipad for example, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Thanks once more for your selfless service to us all we are all in your debt :D

kvavik

Jedi Knight
Well done, Edd! There is a future for forums, and it seems to lie with SWFUK. ;-)

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
image.jpg

My dog super happy :lol:

maxf

Jedi Master
Excellent - my happy face (before it went in the bin a few days ago)

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,251

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
This is fantastic news and an essential update - I honest hate using Photobucket, just an exercise in frustration.

Bloody great news :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
This is great. Our hobby is such a visual one and this gives you the freedom to upload, view and discuss things instantly with no hassle. I normally have to take pics, turn on computer, attach camera/phone and transfer photos, resize on photoshop then upload to forum. It's a ballache and often makes me not bother. Now - take pics, upload! Nice one Edd :wink:

Funkygibbon75

Youngling
Hey guys can anyone help with this. Bought last year for£160 77back made in spain greedo wanted to know if pbp or not.

Attachments

• 20170312_114640.jpg
    20170312_114640.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,067

Jibbajabba

Padawan
This could possibly be the most stupid question ever asked on here, but here goes anyway...
Can anyone please tell me how I add a photo to my posts?? :?
I press the little 'img tab' and this [img] appears on my screen but I can't work out how to insert my photo :oops:
I'm attempting to do this all from my phone, don't know if that is part of the problem??
Any advice would be very gratefully received, I've been trying for about an hour now and its really starting to hack me off :x

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Jibbajabba said:
This could possibly be the most stupid question ever asked on here, but here goes anyway...
Can anyone please tell me how I add a photo to my posts?? :?
I press the little 'img tab' and this [img] appears on my screen but I can't work out how to insert my photo :oops:
I'm attempting to do this all from my phone, don't know if that is part of the problem??
Any advice would be very gratefully received, I've been trying for about an hour now and its really starting to hack me off :x[/quote]

Not stupid at all! What you need to do is press the "attachments" tab below the text box when you make a post, that is where you upload images and insert them in to your post.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom