Coin Offer Cardbacks

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Wondering if someone can confirm that some of the more popular character Cardbacks were issued with the coin stickers.

For example while I have seen lots of 77back Han Trench or Leia Poncho I've never seen either with a coin offer ( or any offer for that matter ) but I have seen Vader on a 77back that includes an Anakin offer, but never a coin offer....

In my own collection I have a 65back( I think ) B Wing pilot with a coin offer sticker.....you can get a Klattu or a prune face, Nikto or even a Madine or ESB Bespin Guard with a coin offer, but can't see a Han, Chewie, Leia etc etc for
Love nor money.....even though as I say above Han Trench & Leia are fairly common

So, in short, what is likely outthere with a coin offer and what is not likely....

M4K3R1

Padawan
Just about any character on rotj cardback will have coin offer stickers, you will find them with patience
It would depend on what excess stock was on the shelves at the time the shop workers apllied the stickers to the cards
Some rare cases you can also find them on esb card backs too.
They are not as easy to find but are present on the main charecters too.

M4K3R1

Padawan
Heres an old thread, lots of main charecters
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1022846/

another with some more photos
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1056653&highlight=potf+coin+offer+sticker

also, take the time to read this if you are actively chasing coin offer stickers
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1022966&highlight=potf+coin+offer+sticker

be aware that there is the possibility of these stickers being added to any moc
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1108674&highlight=potf+coin+offer+sticker

and then there is also this crap to look out for now,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Kenner-Boba-Fett-Free-Coin-Offer-Repro-Sticker-decal-Label-/191962067331?hash=item2cb1d4b183:g:-3cAAOSw6n5XqMO-

these are the ones I have found so far
-MIHK 77 BACK COIN OFFER
-MIHK 77 BACK ANAKIN/COIN OFFER
-MIHK 79 BACK ANAKIN/COIN OFFER WITH SKU STICKER
-MIM LL 77 BACK ANAKIN/COIN OFFER

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 503

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
They were applied to shop stock by the stores themselves so potentially any card up to that point pf offer could have a coin sticker on it, although more often its the less desired figures as they would have hung around longest or needed the offer incentive to shift them. I've seen a 20 back Power Droid once with a coin offer, and also a Madine 65 back that had an Emperor offer, overlaid with an Anakin offer, finally overlaid with a coin offer. A triple offer if you like.

Bear in mind that unused rolls of these stickers have been found and theoretically they could be found on any cardback since they weren't Factory applied in the first place.

Personally I love them.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Great photo Oscar! I also have an ESB 45 back with a Coin offer and a lead on a POTF Vader with a Coin sticker. Haven't managed to get the POTF in the focus yet, but there are two other variations to add to the list. I love the fact that there are POTF cards with this offer.

My favourite is Boba Fett with the Coin Offer - given the coin depicted is a Boba Fett coin. Very cool.

Cheers,
Pat

M4K3R1

Padawan
darth_daddius said:
Great photo Oscar! I also have an ESB 45 back with a Coin offer and a lead on a POTF Vader with a Coin sticker. Haven't managed to get the POTF in the focus yet, but there are two other variations to add to the list. I love the fact that there are POTF cards with this offer.

My favourite is Boba Fett with the Coin Offer - given the coin depicted is a Boba Fett coin. Very cool.

Cheers,
Pat

I was thinking of your esb vader with the coin offer sticker when writing above, love that one, cant say there have been many esb vaders with it.
That potf one would be very unique, love to see it when it arrives.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Hey buddy,

Can't say that I'm even close to getting the POTF one - I need a good trade.... But at least we know there is one out there!

Cheers
Pat

jared007

Padawan
M4K3R1 said:

The Kellerman book has a picture or two of coin offer stickers on Star Wars logo cards. They must be like hens teeth though

M4K3R1

Padawan
jared007 said:
M4K3R1 said:

The Kellerman book has a picture or two of coin offer stickers on Star Wars logo cards. They must be like hens teeth though

I had seen the R2 SW card with the coin sticker, in one of the links I put above.
I wonder looking at that if it sat on the shelf for so long, or if the store found in the back years later

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom