Elstree 1976 Released 14/11/2016

Richard_H

Grand Master
I don't normally do this before an Episode is just about to be released but I've just had the pleasure of talking to Jon Spira the director of Elstree 1976. I have been blown away - this is not a 'making of SW' type documentary that we've seen a hundred times but rather focuses on the actors and their life journeys. It has been released today in the UK and is already available in the US on DVD and as Digital Download. I can't wait for my copy to arrive. You will hear a stellar interview in the next podcast and will want to own this documentary.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elstree-1976-PAL-REGION-STARWARS/dp/B01AB0RZQ0

Palifan

Sith Lord
You won't be disappointed Richard by the great stories these people have to tell and I watched the Dave Prowse documentary which is in a similar line to this called I am your father and that was also really good.

As you said it's nice that these types of films are getting released now with a different spin on Star Wars and we also have Plastic Galaxy to cover all the vintage toy goodness. :D

Ian

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Haven't watched it for fear of being depressing. Like when you see a documentary about a band and they all hate each other and are all bitter. Is it like that?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
No, I was worried about the same thing.

Its a celebration of the extras and how star wars has had an enduring impact on their lives.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grant_C said:
No, I was worried about the same thing.

Its a celebration of the extras and how star wars has had an enduring impact on their lives.

Sounds good, I'll check it out.

x-pack

Grand Master
Loads of great stories from the actors, but its not something I would watch over and over. Interesting about the hierarchy and how lead actors kind of look down on the background guys doing signings. Bit of a revelation to me

Commander Clint

Padawan
Check Netflix over there in the UK & Europe. It's currently running on Netflix Canada & Netflix US.

It was good, but the latest one "I Am Your Father" about Prowse, was even better.

afsupplies

Padawan
Quick heads up that this will be on Sky Cinema on May 4th :)
I've also just watched I Am Your Father about Dave Prowse which was interesting but a little melancholy. Worth a watch though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom