Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 30 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
robpmarsh
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 30 LAUNCHED

Postby robpmarsh » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:05 am

The end conversation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aloha Toddtaun 5-0 Quack!.........quality guys!

More duck references next month please :D
Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold!

my Swfuk feedback: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21776

My Leia Hoth focus:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30198

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:46 pm

robpmarsh wrote:The end conversation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Psst Rob, think you're listening to Ep29 x
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Stuart Skinner wrote:
robpmarsh wrote:The end conversation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Psst Rob, think you're listening to Ep29 x

Beat me to it!
I do think thats the funniest impromptu out take we've done though.
I remember loosing the gift of sight for a minute when i was laughing so much at Rich! It's so easy!

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:48 pm

I went away for 10 minutes, come back and you were still talking bollocks
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:25 pm

Finally finished!

In answer to the why is the Kenner/Palitoy logo on 20 back R5-D4 centered rather than to the right, maybe they were worried about the predominately white Kenner/Palitoy logo not showing up against the white leg of the R5-D4 on the background image?

:)

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:01 pm

And isn't it just Arfive's Star Wars cards ( both Kenner and Palitoy ) that have a different coloured Hildebrandt emblem in the top right too?

I caught up with the whole show in a one-er today. Thanks as always, guys. I always save it for a day I don't need to do anything important but have a lot of faffing about in the house to do. Bliss. Always interesting, often funny too.

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Did last 2 episodes back to back, but over 4 days. Was listening to some while driving my cab hoping that punter would reveal his interest in vintage. Not a peep. Probably thought WTF is this radio station the driver is listening to? :D

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:20 pm

Well done Stuart and friends! Was a most splendid listen as usual. Loved it, cheers :)

JimboUK1979
Regular
Regular

Postby JimboUK1979 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:25 am

Finished the latest episode in 5 sittings (I listen whilst walking the dog in the morning). Once again a Christmas cracker if an episode gents getting the right balance between educational segments / enlightening interviews and banter. Love it - keep up the great work guys. I look forward to this every few weeks.

jared007
Regular
Regular

Postby jared007 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Almost through it now, really enjoyed the interviews this time: Jason on cardbacks, the lily ledy info -- all good stuff.

Cheers, Jared.
Digital vintage price guide and portfolio system: http://www.starwarstracker.com

jedi_masters
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby jedi_masters » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Another great episode. These usually keep me going for a few hours while I'm out on delivery.

Could you do an extra episode of just all your out takes and impromptu conversations, always make me chuckle.

Keep it up fella's.
Looking for:

Star Tours items
Yoda- Pre Production items - vintage, modern, anything from any range.
Star Wars Books!!

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Just like Taffius I’ve been slowly catching up on the past episodes of the Vintage Rebellion Podcast and have just finished listening to episode 30. Gotta say that this has been my favourite episode to date and it contains two of the most fascinating interviews I’ve listened to. The Lili Ledy interview with Horacio Narvez and Marco Jay was really awesome. I’m more interested in the Poch/PBP line but the enthusiasm and wealth of knowledge they brought to that interview really rubs off on you and I found myself wanting to learn a little more about the Ledy line. And they were just two guys sounding like they were having so much fun collecting a childhood line they were totally nuts about and which held so many nostalgic memories...

And then if that wasn’t enough I was totally blown away by Grant’s interview with Brandon Alinger and David Mandel on the art of Ralph McQuarrie.

I’ve been a collector since 1996 but was always just obsessed with the toy line, and only originally wanted a mint loose run. In addition I just collected for myself, by myself, solely on eBay, and didn’t realise there was a whole community out there. As a result my knowledge was massively limited. But since I discovered the forums and more recently since I started listening to the VR podcasts I’ve discovered a new friendship network and a whole new universe. The interview was absolutely awesome and I’m definitely saving up for a copy of the book as it sounds like it gives a fascinating input into the works of an amazing and inspirational artist as well as the complex and detailed making of the OT movies too.

It also got me to thinking has the Vintage Rebellion ever done an article for relative newbies like me on the top 10 must have books for the avid Star Wars Fan and Collector? With each podcast listened I’m hearing more and more about the different books out there, but they’re all so costly, so I wondered whether there were some particular must haves. Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie sounds like it is one, but what are the others?

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi and thanks for your support. The last two episodes have newbie sections in and we could certainly do books as an section too
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”