Silly Vectis question.....

wrighty

Sith Lord
Once you place a bid online, how do you know if you still the highest bidder? I look at the bid section, my bid is recorded but doesn't say if I am still the highest bidder or do I assume I am until it says so? :(

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Yes, for pre bids you get an email to say youre out bid or if you weren't the first bidder you get an instant message saying not high enough.

Good luck!

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wrighty,

More simple than that , as your are bidding live it will say your the highest bidder and be in green , if you are still green when it changes to the next lot Bingo !! You won

Good luck !!

stormcab

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
Wooohooo.... I am still the highest bidder then!! :lol:

haha, I remember those days. You'll get emails the night before "you have been outbid" :D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
It's an archaic system. If you really want to bid on something and don't want to miss out or bid yourself up book a phone line for the item you want. It's as good as bidding live.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
stormcab said:
wrighty said:
Wooohooo.... I am still the highest bidder then!! :lol:

haha, I remember those days. You'll get emails the night before "you have been outbid" :D

I expected that email much much sooner!! :lol:

Ha! I too rem being outbid the morn of the auction after being high bidder for a full two wks leading up to it :lol:

stormcab

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:
palitoyjunky said:
wrighty said:
I expected that email much much sooner!! :lol:

Ha! I too rem being outbid the morn of the auction after being high bidder for a full two wks leading up to it :lol:

Go live !!!!! :D

After that monumental cock up of buying a box of loose figures by accident while live bidding, it's totally put me off :lol:

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
stormcab said:
steve obi wan said:
palitoyjunky said:

Go live !!!!! :D

After that monumental cock up of buying a box of loose figures by accident while live bidding, it's totally put me off :lol:

We all do it in the heat of the moment !!! :lol: :lol:

wrighty

Sith Lord
stormcab said:

Haha!! How did you manage that? I have a similar story from the last Vectis auction, there were 2 Trilogo Jawas, - friend wanted the Meccano Trilogo so we made a deal that he would bid to a specific price and if it goes over its all mine, the Palitoy Trilogo was 1st, he said he came out of toilet and saw the sale live panic and bid and won but was for the wrong one!! :lol:

stormcab

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
stormcab said:

Haha!! How did you manage that? I have a similar story from the last Vectis auction, there were 2 Trilogo Jawas, - friend wanted the Meccano Trilogo so we made a deal that he would bid to a specific price and if it goes over its all mine, the Palitoy Trilogo was 1st, he said he came out of toilet and saw the sale live panic and bid and won but was for the wrong one!! :lol:

I have a Windows Surface, which is a touch screen PC. I flicked my finger up the screen without thinking of where I was placing it, and it hit the HUGE bid now button. Unbelievable luck it was the final bid. Also majorly annoying was that several bids before me were still more than the figures were worth.

wrighty

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
wrighty said:
stormcab said:

I have a Windows Surface, which is a touch screen PC. I flicked my finger up the screen without thinking of where I was placing it, and it hit the HUGE bid now button. Unbelievable luck it was the final bid. Also majorly annoying was that several bids before me were still more than the figures were worth.

I take it they didn't accept your reason for the accidental bid !! :lol:

stormcab

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
stormcab said:
wrighty said:

I didn't bother asking. It was my mistake, I take responsibility for it. It wouldn't have been fair on the seller for the piece to go unsold.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
stormcab said:
wrighty said:
stormcab said:

I didn't bother asking. It was my mistake, I take responsibility for it. It wouldn't have been fair on the seller for the piece to go unsold.

I did something similar by paging down on my iPad , boom !! A graded 80 Yak Face moc and £1700 . !!!!! :shock: :shock:

Lindo

Sith Lord
what i want to know though is why they their valuations of a product are always a million miles away from what they are actually worth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom