Tri-Logo Madine

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Will this be some kind of new record if it fetches the asking price I wonder ?

http://www.dallasvintagetoys.com/1984palitoystarwarstri-logo70back-bgeneralmadineafa8011764262toygraderpedigree.aspx

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Only ever heard bad things about DVT and he's now just trying to reinforce that he is indeed an exceedingly large penis.

Yes he's rare. Yes he's even rarer in that condition. But can we just remember, for one minute: it's a Madine. John Major with a beard. The ultimate grey man.

DVT has been assembling a line up of daft graded, rare and early MOCs. Very nice but, frankly, representing all that is most unattractive about this hobby: grading, greed and gotta-have-it-all-and-gotta-have-it-now (couldn't come up with a 3rd "g" :D)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
As alluded to many times, there's more out there than people might think at first. 30+ examples I'm sure

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Only ever heard bad things about DVT and he's now just trying to reinforce that he is indeed an exceedingly large penis.

Yes he's rare. Yes he's even rarer in that condition. But can we just remember, for one minute: it's a Madine. John Major with a beard. The ultimate grey man.

DVT has been assembling a line up of daft graded, rare and early MOCs. Very nice but, frankly, representing all that is most unattractive about this hobby: grading, greed and gotta-have-it-all-and-gotta-have-it-now (couldn't come up with a 3rd "g" :D)

You've just won the award for one of my favorite posts of all time. Captures exactly what I think about DVT and his recent inventory.

ODB

Jedi Master
Caswellbot said:
As alluded to many times, there's more out there than people might think at first. 30+ examples I'm sure

Fairly sure that Joe and others have counted confirmed 25, but yes there are a lot of him out there. Madine has become a bit of a poster boy for high end collectibles even though he's not that uncommon. Gary pointed out there are far fewer of some of the Palitoy combinations but no ones seems to go mad over them.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Totally agree..

And Gallionic would suit as the third G :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
You look through some of his other stock lines and he has an incredible amount of toys.

He's probably got more vintage MOTU than eBay.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Ross_Barr said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

You've just won the award for one of my favorite posts of all time. Captures exactly what I think about DVT and his recent inventory.

You guys aren't slating the "pedigree" are you? Just seeing that title made me cringe... No doubt about it though he gets hold of some amazing bits and is proof that bricks and mortar vintage shops can still work so fair play for that.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
I know a lot of the guys on FB have had bad experiences with DVT after I posted a thread on the 12 back FB . However personally I have dealt with him several times and only ever had a good experience .

There are some items that are not too bad on pricing , compared to recent sales on certain items .

Unfortunately you don't see too many tri Madine's to compare too , however I still think it's a shite figure !!! :lol: :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:
I still think it's a shite figure !!! :lol: :lol:

I'll second that. Very dull figure. Amongst my most undesirable in the line. Why on earth would you pay silly money for something you don't actually like just cos it's quite rare. That's not collecting.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
steve obi wan said:
I know a lot of the guys on FB have had bad experiences with DVT after I posted a thread on the 12 back FB . However personally I have dealt with him several times and only ever had a good experience .

There are some items that are not too bad on pricing , compared to recent sales on certain items .

Unfortunately you don't see too many tri Madine's to compare too , however I still think it's a shite figure !!! :lol: :lol:

Steve, as you probably get, just like any shadeball or scammer, DVT has more than a few good transactions. In fact, he probably has hundreds. But it's the multiple instances of scamming and shady behavior over the course of many years that have turned many away from them.

Are the odds good that someone will have a hiccup free transaction with them? Of course - otherwise they would be out of business. But should the community support someone and his business who has harmed many people over the course of many years? My opinion is that we shouldn't, and I personally wouldn't send them a red cent.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ross_Barr said:
steve obi wan said:

Steve, as you probably get, just like any shadeball or scammer, DVT has more than a few good transactions. In fact, he probably has hundreds. But it's the multiple instances of scamming and shady behavior over the course of many years that have turned many away from them.

Are the odds good that someone will have a hiccup free transaction with them? Of course - otherwise they would be out of business. But should the community support someone and his business who has harmed many people over the course of many years? My opinion is that we shouldn't, and I personally wouldn't send them a red cent.

Agree Ross !! Lots of guys have had lots of bad experiences , defo keeping an eye out next time :shock: , I am glad I raised it . I wasn't aware of his bad dealings !!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
For me this item is a case of 'The Emperors New Clothes'.

It's just so unremarkable. A really poor figure on a dull card. I get it's rare but $25000 rare? Even half that.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
SublevelStudios said:

It's just so unremarkable. A really poor figure on a dull card. I get it's rare but $25000 rare? Even half that.

I have always felt the same about the Madine. Same with POTF Nikto, Gam Guard, AT-AT Driver. Not worth thousands of dollars IMO

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ross_Barr said:
SublevelStudios said:

I have always felt the same about the Madine. Same with POTF Nikto, Gam Guard, AT-AT Driver. Not worth thousands of dollars IMO

Agree , never got into them !!!!

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
I agree that this figure isn't worth 25k or any toy in that fact in my opinion but do love how these stupidly common figures are ridiculously hard to find on certain cards

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom