12 Back Leia Footer Issues

reddogblues

Padawan
Hi Guys

Last week I acquired a very nice 12 Back A Leia. I can see from the photos that before it was sent the footer was in its proper place. Obviously, on its way to Prague, the footer has come loose from the bottom and is now rattling around in the bubble!

As the bubble is very well sealed and I want to keep it that way, other than opening the bubble, any ideas how to get it back under her feet? Have tried some careful shaking and rotating, but it won't go back.

LeiaFooter.JPG

Cheers

wrighty

Sith Lord
There is a guide somewhere by Dennis V on how to reposition the footer. Can't for the life of me remember where! Most of the guys are at FF I am sure someone will provide a link soon!! :D

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
There is a small gap at the bottom of the stem so if you can carefully shake it as close as possible then use a very thin implement to push it into place under her feet. I've done it several times with success. Just remember not to apply too much pressure or force it too far of you'll crack the stem or lift it from the card.

reddogblues

Padawan
Dannywhiteley said:
There is a small gap at the bottom of the stem so if you can carefully shake it as close as possible then use a very thin implement to push it into place under her feet. I've done it several times with success. Just remember not to apply too much pressure or force it too far of you'll crack the stem or lift it from the card.

I just tried this using a very thin pin and it worked perfectly, there was the gap as you mentioned and was done with no damage to bubble or card :D Thanks for much for advice - see result below!

LeiaFooter2.JPG

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well done on getting the footer back to it's rightful place. It must have been a nightmare for you when you unpacked it, displaced footers never look great but if it was bought that way then at least you know what you're getting into but for it to pop out on route is a headache.

All's well that ends well and that's a stunning piece by the way, Leia's going to have a vey happy Christmas! :D

Ian

reddogblues

Padawan
Palifan said:
Well done on getting the footer back to it's rightful place. It must have been a nightmare for you when you unpacked it, displaced footers never look great but if it was bought that way then at least you know what you're getting into but for it to pop out on route is a headache.

All's well that ends well and that's a stunning piece by the way, Leia's going to have a vey happy Christmas! :D

Ian

Yeah, wasn't great - but I knew it happened during transit, so wasn't as if the seller didn't disclose it or anything. I would have been OK if I hadn't got it back into place, worse scenario for me would have been if I had damaged it in any way! But, the perfect ending as it went back in place fine with no damage at all :D It is a great piece, another addition to my 12 back run and my first "A" back too :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
I still have a doc 12 back Leia tucked away somewhere from my days of putting together a Kenner 12 back run when I first started collecting (sold the full set of 12 for 2200 GBP about 5 years ago :roll: ). The leia I have is in ok condition (hence why I bought another that was in my 12 back run), but the weapon is loose in the bubble. If there was a way to re-stck it inside the bubble it would be amazing but I think that's one issue that will never be sorted out.

Never mind, it's still nice to have at least a few mocs in my collection and best of luck with putting your 12 back run together, it's a great achievement once it's done.

Ian

wrighty

Sith Lord
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15850

Glad you managed it. Here is the link!! 8)

reddogblues

Padawan
Thanks again, guys for the advice :)

I also have a ROTJ Luke Bespin where the blaster is taped, but has come away at the bottom. So it is still attached, but only just. Might see if the same method can work on that... Will let you know 8)

SOJ

Sith Lord
I have a Leia and Imperial Commander with this issue. Haven't had the courage to try this method yet.

reddogblues

Padawan
SOJ said:
I have a Leia and Imperial Commander with this issue. Haven't had the courage to try this method yet.

Yes, I was a bit nervous - but as mentioned, there is a gap at the bottom where a very thin needle can slide without affecting the seal. I then just gently shook the card to get the footer to the bottom and used the pin to position it in place. Honestly took no more than 1 minute with no damage. But I would advise being cautious :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom