What slipped away in 2016?

wrighty

Sith Lord
Was thinking instead of great pick ups anyone had items that slipped away? I had 3 grail items that came up in 2016 and 2 I had to pass (pass due to insane prices) and one was a backdoor 3 way deal that I had no knowledge about till after the deal. Partly I am sort of accepted I can't get everything and also slight lost of interest in a sense I didn't make the effort to lick ass and didn't network enough to get the deals.

Maybe things will change for 2017!! 8)

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
A pali 12 back Jawa on e bay in approx May time. It went on late at night and I thought "I'm gonna make that guy an offer he can't refuse in the morning".

5 mins later my mate starts sending me pics of his Pali 12 back Jawa asking me if I was interested as he'd just upgraded to a belter off e bay.......

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Oh, good thread :)

1st was a UK ESB Topps trading card display box - never seen one before and didn't even know it existed. Pissed off when I missed the auction and it sold for £40 :(

UK series 2 Topps trading card box for Star Wars - again, missed the auction, £40 the same :(

The Helix pencil pot display complete with all the pencils - that was an amazing item but went too high for my budget. But super glad a good friend got it for their collection and it's in the right home.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mine is 'the same item' from different sources/sellers and two equally frustrating reasons...

1) Yan Solo miscard (Luke Jedi) listed on Vectis and then removed from sale despite me leaving a very good bid as apparently it was damaged.

2) Yan Solo miscard (Luke Jedi) listed on eBay, flagged to me by Ross Barr as he had seen me miss the Vectis one. Decent(ish) price, but it finished at something like 12:10am... I fell asleep about 11:55 (with my laptop on my lap on the sofa!) and therefore missed it. It finished with zero bids and hasn't been relisted. I woke up at 4am furious and a little embarrassed to have wasted the tip.

They do come up, I will get one, but no less annoying knowing that

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
ESB Boba Moc... missed out on several and now too pricey. Have now decided to go for a decent reseal, but can't find one for love nor money :(

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
A box of Star Wars figures (vintage) from a car boot sale the seller sold the whole lot for £30.00 missed out by seconds was gutted.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Leia Hoth red hair variant MOC. Was the day before Celebration and would have eaten into my funds quite a bit....in the end i bought nothing much so was gutted.

Not seen another once since for sale.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
2) Yan Solo miscard (Luke Jedi) listed on eBay, flagged to me by Ross Barr as he had seen me miss the Vectis one. Decent(ish) price, but it finished at something like 12:10am... I fell asleep about 11:55 (with my laptop on my lap on the sofa!) and therefore missed it. It finished with zero bids and hasn't been relisted. I woke up at 4am furious and a little embarrassed to have wasted the tip.

You really need to start using this... https://www.goofbid.com/

Hooch

Jedi Knight
I missed out on 2 that I would have happily bought for my focus
I was tagged in both sales posts from a friend in Europe but since I am in Australia I was sound asleep when both popped up FS so missed my chance
1: Trilogo PBP Teebo
2: Trilogo miscard Teebo

Now both happily in another forum members collection :cry:

spoons

Grand Master
Sorry to have missed out on two first shot die cast TIE fighter wings, and a Harbert die cast X-Wing but otherwise I've had a good year

I was also annoyed to have missed some resin action man parts used to create the moulds that were sold at Vectis. Happily the guy that won them has listed them on ebay and I won two at only a little more than they originally sold for.

A good collecting year

stormcab

Sith Lord
This is all heartbreaking stuff to read.

Mine was missing out on a well underpriced MOC BIN of £45, and had to buy it off the new owner for over 4x the price :wink: :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great thread.

Collecting wise it's been a great year. I suppose the Palitoy 30 back Hoth Stormtrooper at £400 was my biggest miss and I had sat there watching the seconds tick down. I was on the train back from Celebration and proper skint thanks to another certain 30 back purchase. On the same journey from the same seller I did push the boat out for a £90 belter of a Palitoy 41 back, though, so not all bad :D

Other than than, by single biggest regret now, and for ever, will be being too tight to splash £80 on a signature and chance to say hello to Carrie Fisher at CE3. I'd have rather missed out on a £1.99 DT Luke than that.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Missed out on a Kenner 20 back Walrusman on eBay, sold for £98! I just completely forgot about it, presumed it would go for £200 - £300, logged into eBay days after auction had ended and couldn't believe it. It got relisted for £375 BIN OBO. :roll:

Only debut 20 back I need now to complete the set. :?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
SAVORY100 said:

You really need to start using this... https://www.goofbid.com/

I hear ya... thank you for the link :D

hellhippie

Jedi Master
a poch ugnaught , forgot to bid

a ledy jawa just too much money now

a pbp luke hoth , keep getting outbid

a takara alt sculpt c3po for 250!!!! just missed out on him it came and went iin a flash

Robstyley

Sith Lord
My ability to put up with twats and bullshit at work! :lol:

Collecting wise didn't buy that much this year so no major dramas although did miss out on a few things. Gutted I didn't get an original Han MOC Iain was selling. Gutted I ummed and arred over a Jawa MOC at Celebration and then it sold and also missed out on several loose figures I need on ebay due mostly to being outbid. Such is life.

lejackal

Grand Master
The one that stands out for me that i probably won't find again for the same money was a beater Han 12 back for around £200 but it was too much of a stretch at the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom