Repro black palace blasters?

Droopy

Padawan
I have these three palace blasters, all three float, all three have the right mould......top one I'm pretty sure is genuine (god I hope so anyway), middle one I'm pretty sure is fake as has excess flashing.

The bottom one I just received with a lando general and it seems somewhere between the two. TBH I'm pretty sure it's a repro but I just wanted a second opinion before I request a refund. The flashing isn't as bad as the middle one but it looks like someone might have cut it away at some point.

Any help greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4397.JPG
    IMG_4397.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 582

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
I'm no expert but does look like some one has tried cutting it. Also looks the same as the middle one size of the circle on the handle etc.

Droopy

Padawan
Yeah my thoughts exactly, also I have just noticed that the two in question both appear to have had the nub at the back of the barrel cut off. I think they are both from the same batch of repros......annoying!! :evil:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Yer see what you mean. Would say a repro. Its happening far to much these days :x. Imperial Gunnery website has a good amount of info on these fake black blasters.

walkie

Sith Lord
Just seen the post and yeah middle and bottom are both repro's sorry. Good thatbtge seller is accepting a refund.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Holy crap both of those are pretty good :( Good spot on the nub on the back. If ever in doubt I resort to a digital photograph zoomed in. I tend to get an idea then whether it's good or not. Trouble is, a lot of the originals are also a bit crap :lol:

Droopy

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Holy crap both of those are pretty good :( Good spot on the nub on the back. If ever in doubt I resort to a digital photograph zoomed in. I tend to get an idea then whether it's good or not. Trouble is, a lot of the originals are also a bit crap :lol:
I know!! :shock: if I didn't already have a genuine one to compare against I might have been fooled! Back it goes and my hunt for another black palace blaster continues :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sorry to see that mate, I hope not that in the future it will only be safe to buy from members on the forum and childhood lots

I hate all this repro, if they just made them so we could easy id them like in the 90s and early 00. But today they make them better and better.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Sorry to see that mate, I hope not that in the future it will only be safe to buy from members on the forum and childhood lots

I hate all this repro, if they just made them so we could easy id them like in the 90s and early 00. But today they make them better and better.

Eventually we probably won't know ther difference. Those revalveit sabers are pretty close.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
sparkysx said:
Pomse2001 said:

Eventually we probably won't know ther difference. Those revalveit sabers are pretty close.

Yes I have heard those sabers are pretty close. Is it just me or do you also think since they make those weapons better and better then they make them today to trick the collectors that want original and not as it was in the beginning just to help people who wanted a weapon but did not care if it was original.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom