Loose Figure Packaging?

greedole

Padawan
Hallo,

Just wondering how you guys would expect a single figure to be packed for posting?

Ungraded

I'm assuming padded envelopes would suffice?,Small boxes would surely be overkill?

Just cheapish figs nothing over 30 quid.

How would you expect it to arrive?

Cheers

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I always use padded envelopes unless it is a really delicate figure (eg Imperial Dignitary) or an expensive one, then I'd use a box. I received 99% of mine in envelopes and only had one accident, a broken blaster. I do recommend taping blasters/sabres etc in some cardboard.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Padded envelope/jiffy bag for a loose figure (s) fine. Multiple loose should be wrapped in tissue/poly bagged so they don't rub against each other, but that's about it. Weapons taped to card (or bagged) again is a good tip to stop them breaking or of course working their way out of the envelope itself.

plantainman

Jedi Master
Any figure remotely expensive or more prone to damage I would always advocate sending boxed with lots of padding. That is certainly how I would want any desirable item I buy to arrive.

That said, any standard figure can be send wrapped in kitchen towel and a padded jiffy bag in my opinion.

Sending items FIRST CLASS is always the best idea, that way they're in the transit postal system for the least amount of time possible. For the sake of 21p its worth it IMO

poncho

Grand Master
i bought a loose han solo recently i did quible at £4 postage how ever it was in shoe box triple bubble wrapped and he paid o er £4 postage lol.

anyways i bubble wrap mine and put in a jiffy bag.

momike

Jedi Master
I think it depends on the figure, for a figure like ev or 8d8 or 3po with unsnapped limbs etc I would use a box but for the most part padded envelops are fine

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
As anyone who has bought from me can confirm.....i use a LOT of bubblewrap!

Cheap to buy from a poundshop and you can never use too much.....also packing inside a small cardboard box doesn't hurt either.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I once got a chewbacca in a padded envelope and he had lost his nose in mail so I would say a padded envelope is not enough. I always give it some extra bubble plastic around the figure :D

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
I once got a chewbacca in a padded envelope and he had lost his nose in mail so I would say a padded envelope is not enough. I always give it some extra bubble plastic around the figure :D

I'd go with that too - a padded envelope folded over would also suffice

Jez

Sith Lord
For anyone who has received a MOC from me in the last few months you know i like to be extra careful with regards to postage. However, for figures I would happily put him/her/it in a sandwich bag after wrapping in a couple pieces of kitchen roll. Then put inside a jiffy bag.
Anything over £10 and i'd use a small box just in case.
You can buy a big roll of 'Fragile tape' for 99p in Wilcos. I always apply a couple pieces front and back as an extra measure. The postman may take note, he/she may not, but your purchaser should appreciate the extra consideration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom