Header image

Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:40 pm

Let's be honest none of these grading companies have time machines so cannot say 100% if things are legit or not, doesn't look good though.

theguiltyone
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby theguiltyone » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:21 am

Can anyone confirm receipt of a refund in the last few weeks from Jeff?

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:34 pm

theguiltyone wrote:Can anyone confirm receipt of a refund in the last few weeks from Jeff?

tumbleweed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

Andyclarke
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Andyclarke » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:51 pm

I think it's fair to say it's not looking good for you guys. :cry:

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Andyclarke wrote:I think it's fair to say it's not looking good for you guys. :cry:

Agreed :cry: In my opinion the evidence which has come to light over the last couple of weeks has convinced me of 'beyond reasonable doubt'.
If i had been wrongly accused of such crimes, i'd be putting up a far better fight.
The most Epic Prize Draw III (2017) is here!!
This one will blow your socks off :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32824
https://youtu.be/wLdcwV2imRs

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:22 am

It seemed from some of the earlier posts on this thread that Jeff has/had a number of friends on here. Are any of them still talking to him about this and encouraging him to address directly all the accusations made?

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:54 pm

I'd be interested to know if anything has progressed with UKG too, especially as it seems a couple of fakes may have been graded which unfortunately makes getting his leftovers graded a little pointless.

newswseller
Regular
Regular

Postby newswseller » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:06 pm

So odd that no one has replied to say they have returned an item, giving the scale and the money involved.

Obviously the guy isn't going to have the balls to appear at FF either, he's logged in almost every day, probably read the threads had a chuckle and then got into his shiny BMW paid for by you guys.

You guys are way too nice.

At a minimum someone affected should contact the CAB and get some free advice, then if necessary form a group, gather evidence (already done) and then take legal action.

Marty _Norfleet
New User
New User

Postby Marty _Norfleet » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi, I'm trying to email Jeff Glanville and I'm getting a failure bounce back. Does anyone have another way to contact him?
Thank you!

Caswellbot
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Caswellbot » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Has anyone actually received a refund from Jeff???

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Marty _Norfleet wrote:Hi, I'm trying to email Jeff Glanville and I'm getting a failure bounce back. Does anyone have another way to contact him?
Thank you!

Here's his Facebook profile:

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.glanville

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Caswellbot wrote:Has anyone actually received a refund from Jeff???

Now there's a question eh, the silence is deafening, I would not mind one myself, but I am not sending my stuff back in hopes that I get one.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

RobbieZombbie
New User
New User

Postby RobbieZombbie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Folks should not be surprised at the lack of people coming forward for a few reasons.
1st off this whole thing is being presented on a dying platform. Forums are dying off (which is not new news by any means) so the audience now a days is smaller.
2nd Even posting on facebook is only reaching a limited audience. With the hundreds / thousands of FB groups and pages dedicated to vintage this story was / will be buried quickly with other people making new posts so a lot of people won’t even see the post.
3rd, I see this in other realms of collecting also (Mostly horror replica world). People ultimately don’t care after a week or so. Sure a “bad seller” was outted and that person is a huge piece of shit and for a week that person is crucified. But after a few weeks people will forget all about it. We as collectors in general are the biggest embracers of “Forgive and forget”
4th…. People who may of read the whole thing, and keeping up with it may not speak out in hopes that they can sell off the baggie they may of got from Jeff to a unsuspecting buyer via eBay or FB because of points 1-3.

...Just my opinion

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:38 am

RobbieZombbie wrote:Folks should not be surprised at the lack of people coming forward for a few reasons.
1st off this whole thing is being presented on a dying platform. Forums are dying off (which is not new news by any means) so the audience now a days is smaller.

...Just my opinion

And a pretty shitty one at that
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:10 am

Stuart Skinner wrote:
RobbieZombbie wrote:Folks should not be surprised at the lack of people coming forward for a few reasons.

...Just my opinion

And a pretty shitty one at that

:lol:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”