Header image

Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
zhamlau
New User
New User

Re: Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Postby zhamlau » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:16 am

Hi, been reading this thread now for a few weeks. Fascinating stuff. What ever happened to this? My basic questions are this:

1. I saw a post on Rebelscum saying he sent in 700 hand picked baggies from his collection for some reason to a grading firm, what was the reason for that? What is it proving?
2. This guy still selling locally even though it appears he is filled with fake merchandise?
3. Lastly anyone actually get refunded who was sold fake merchandise by this Jeff guy?

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:24 pm

zhamlau wrote:Hi, been reading this thread now for a few weeks. Fascinating stuff. What ever happened to this? My basic questions are this:

1. I saw a post on Rebelscum saying he sent in 700 hand picked baggies from his collection for some reason to a grading firm, what was the reason for that? What is it proving?
2. This guy still selling locally even though it appears he is filled with fake merchandise?
3. Lastly anyone actually get refunded who was sold fake merchandise by this Jeff guy?

1) Good question, I agree that Jeff seems to think this will somehow clear his name, but it won't. He is wasting his time grading his remaining stock if he continues to ignore the other allegations.
2) I will be very disappointed if he does have a stall at Farthest From in May, I guess we will see. Scammers should not be welcome at events like that.
3) If you check the other thread you will see some people have received full refunds, however some people have only received partial refunds when they should have been given full refunds, and some have not yet received refunds.

So in summary a long way from being cleared up yet!

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:53 pm

So Jeff is that a yes, do I get my refund???

I would drop mine at UKG & you can collect them from there when you pick your other baggies up & leave the cash with Steve.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 pm

He doesn't seem to have logged since 27 th feb, has anyone been in contact with him since or sent anything back for refunds?
"Age is no barrier, it's a limitation you put in your mind.~Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.

Darkest_Logic
Regular
Regular

Postby Darkest_Logic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

momike
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby momike » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 am

I see one of these fake baggies (sw-d) turned up for sale on one of the groups recently and traced back to none other than Jeff :roll:

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Has anyone else noticed the increase of baggies for sale in general? Is it just me or does it seem like people are off loading
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Yeah there has been quite a few these days, more so over in the US
There is no spoon!

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Lindo wrote:Has anyone else noticed the increase of baggies for sale in general? Is it just me or does it seem like people are off loading

Thought totally the opposite Lido, I have a shopping list of wants & can't get a single one I am after for love nor bloody money.

I did sell some this week myself, but only as I bought a bulk lot to secure the ones I needed in the lot for my own collection & that's a deal I have been waiting on for over 6 months, can't find any good ones for sale myself sadly.
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Frunkstar wrote:
Lindo wrote:Has anyone else noticed the increase of baggies for sale in general? Is it just me or does it seem like people are off loading

Thought totally the opposite Lido, I have a shopping list of wants & can't get a single one I am after for love nor bloody money.

I did sell some this week myself, but only as I bought a bulk lot to secure the ones I needed in the lot for my own collection & that's a deal I have been waiting on for over 6 months, can't find any good ones for sale myself sadly.

Must just be me mate, might be I'm consciously noticing sales for baggies now after this has come out where as before I spose I wasn't really looking

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm

What are you talking about Frank, there are hundreds of baggies for sale in the USA, you just need a contact to buy them and send over for you :)

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:50 pm

edd_jedi wrote:What are you talking about Frank, there are hundreds of baggies for sale in the USA, you just need a contact to buy them and send over for you :)

You show me where Edd as I have a few stateside guys willing to help me, I see the regular one like prune face & R.L 3P0's Madines etc, never see any good ones at fair prices.

momike
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby momike » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:16 pm

I thinks Edds referring too all Jeffs "contacts" stateside frank.....

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 pm

welsh folk don't get sarcasm :P sorry couldn't resist the urge was too strong :)

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Sorry Frank :lol:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”