Header image

Fake Baggie Evidence Thread

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Fake Baggie Evidence Thread

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 am

momike wrote:Palitoy-K (regarded as questionable in the original post)

These have been a difficult one to pin down because even the originals can be a bit on the rough side, none of the originals have the lines linking the letters together like the chewie pictured of Jeff's and the A in made on the originals are more defined than the ones coming from Jeff.

As stated these are questionable and have been a difficult one to nail down, on the one hand some of the ones jeff has been selling look ok with the A being the only obvious trait but then there is some that have all the traits and are all round diabolical and just wrong, he has also sold many that are believed to be legit

Worth mentioning these are one of Jeff's best sellers and when ever I have asked for a figure he seemed to almost always have this particular Baggie type available in the figure I asked for

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:50 am

momike wrote:Comparison shots of the fonts on Jeff's together, as you scroll down you can't miss the similaritys

Ive added the pic of the Tusken Raider again, Jeff did not give a Baggie type for this one in his listing but it shares a lot of the same traits. This is the one jeff sent half way round the world instead of sending to frank which he did with the other legit baggies that were to be forwarded on to Andrew

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm

kevlad wrote:fake bossk mailer

Here is the Fake Bossk mailer i bought from Jeff on 23/09/2015 as soon as i received it i knew it was not right the mailer was far to crisp and clean the label print was not right either, also i weigh my mailers its my thing so as soon as i put the box on the scales knew it was far too light to be original the cardboard was too thin the flyer bio was also wrong on paper that was far to thin also it was not the only fake Bossk mailer he had sold which his email states they came from the same source.

i had a conversation with Frank and Steve at UKG as you can see from the attachments as well as contacting Jeff i have attached his reply .

the bossk baggie was authentic i found no issue with that or the catalogue

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:05 pm

momike wrote:He also sold me one of these, was far to good to be true and you could smell the fresh Adhesive (yes I like sniffing vintage cardboard lol) gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time :roll:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54 pm

kevlad wrote:the Fake ESB a & sw a leias

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:02 am

Evidence Jeff sold a set of fake last 17 baggies to a novice collector, too much info/photos to copy and paste so direct link to post here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32539&start=495#p433723

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Two examples of Jeff buying loose light blue Fetts that may have ended up in baggies, worth mentioning that one was bought with a different account and one in a backdoor deal:

elcroz wrote:I was explaining the 'Jeff' subject with a friend last night and he says that Jeff had contacted him regarding a collection of figures that he was selling on eBay back in late October 2016.

Jeff offered £300 for a pale blue tri-logo Boba Fett (great condition) which was amongst the collection. My friend did not sell it to him.

Obviously Jeff may have wanted it for his own collection?However Jeff has sold a fair few 'tri logo' Fett's in baggies so why not keep one back for himself? Why buy another? Especially if you have been in the vintage world as long as he has.

When you consider him selling all these 'rare' baggie TL Boba Fett's as per the listed evidence - it does make you think that by offering to quickly buy a TL-Fett for £300 (a pretty steep price) - then POSSIBLY touch the paint up and then POSSIBLY put it in a baggie and then charge an extortionate amount to a collector who doesn't know any better.

It's all theory & paranoia though and nothing solid.

Please see screenshot.

Hats off to Frank and the team for safeguarding the hobby.

Frunkstar wrote:Interesting elcroz!!

As I was digging a little further through my emails & found the below from Jeff asking about Tri Fett's & did they come in baggie, if so which type & so on, I also late in a reply confirm they are stupidly rare with only one known & confirmed example.

It is also interesting that I know of at lest one other Mint Tri Fett Jeff has bought for a fairly high price (from one of the members on here) wonder why he would want so many of the same figure then ???

momike wrote:Talking of Tri fetts here's a graded one he had of me in November which I presumed he purchased using his other halfs account

This was a very reluctant sale, only sold it to fund another purchase from Jeff that turned out to be fake, sold the graded fett because I thought I had a legit example in the baggie i had from him in late 2015, which is looking more and more likely to be fake unfortunately :(

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:21 am

Another example of Jeff selling a fake baggie long after being told it was fake. The last email also implies he opened it to take it out of circulation which again is untrue because it was later for sale on his stall still in a baggie

Frunkstar wrote:Emails from Jeff about hammer head (purple text) & walrus man baaggiess, which I bought both of & returned as both turned out to be fakes, I wanted to look the purple text one over as had never seen any like it before, but both were as said clear fakes & returned as such.

Now this is the EXACT SAME baggie Jeff had on his stall for sale at the last FF event (August 2016) which was pointed out to be one of the 3 fakes spotted by Marc C (theguiltyone) on here which I am sure he will confirm.

So yet another example of a baggie that has been 100% confirmed as a fake to Jeff all the way back in 2015 & still being offered for sale :?

he also confirms he removed the figure from the baggie to be added to his loose set in the final reply :? so how did it end up on the stall aat FF in 2016 when you opened it back in 2015 ???? - I don't understand the fuzzy logic

Also a little interesting info about knowing there were indeed obviously distinguishable differences in some of the SW-a baggies he has like soft baggies (only ever came in crisp baggies) & top heat seals (never came with top heat seals) the top heat seals bit ties in with the other fake SW-a type that was listed for sale on ebay last week BTW

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 am

Analysis of fake baggie heat seals

Frunkstar wrote:Right sadly some further shocking discovery's with some of Jeff's baggies (shocker).

Remember the 2 Taiwan R2 baggies with correct figure but fake baggies?? the solid dome R2 never made it beyond the ESB-a baggie & no other Taiwan R2 baggie has ever been found by any collector that I have heard of & likely never will, I have them in hand (big thanks Nick) & have taken detailed close up's of them & as good an image as I can capture of the heat seals to try to find out which seal types are being used on the fakes, my suspensions about the ROTJ-a (also Taiwan) that Jeff has sole many of including on to myself are also 100% fake as the seal is unlike any other ROTJ-a I have (I have many to cross check against).

Now by all accounts the ROTJ-a fett baggie is stupidly rare, I had been after one for 3 years before I saw this one I own listed by Jeff on ebay, since I bought it I know he must have sold a bear minimum of 5 others (high value item again), I have also cross checked with Andy Raymond who is the only guy I know that owns a genuine one & also the multi pack with other baggies it came with, he has confirmed his has the exact same seal type as all his other ROTJ-a baggies, the seal type on a genuine one is slick with tiny tiny vertical lines within the seal every few mm's, unlike both the fake ROTJ-a that have come from Jeff which both have crosshatching, which looks like small squares in the photos, but with the naked eye you can see a little more detail.

Luckily Mark A Baker from jabbas court was here at the time of me getting the baggies from Nick & we both checked them both with the naked eye & a 10 X's eyepiece in good natural daylight & agreed they were identical - see seals below

R2

Fett

Also some side by side photos below as well as full frontal shots to show these are the same ones shown in the close up seal photos

& below the other ESB-h fake again with a Taiwan R2 figure, the baggie does not conform to any other known style of ESB-h baggie, nor does the heat-seal which incidentally is identical to a fake Luke X wing pilot baggie I also got from Jeff

The sheer volume of baggie types that have been tainted is becoming more & more worrying, I am in the process of working on others at the moment, luckily every single one has ways of being distinguished against the genuine article so with luck it can all be documents & eradicate them from the hobby & not affect baggie collecting any more than it already has

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:39 pm

A recent email from Jeff to Frank debunking his claim that he would not stand to gain financially:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Marty _Norfleet wrote:Hello everyone, I wanted to let the community know about Jeff Glanville and the star wars baggies I bought from him last year. I sent them both in to AFA to be graded, AFA informed me that the figures didn’t come in these baggies and I let them inspect the figures. They said that the figures had overlapping paint so they refused to grade them. They sent them back to me and I sent them to CAS.

Hi Marty - 
I received your Boba Fett figure and just examined it. Unfortunately I do have to agree with AFA on their outcome with this piece. It has had paint touch-up at some point in time both on the nose and the belt. It is tough to see with the naked eye but under an 800x microscope it is very clear. I also noticed and believe the rocket has been replaced on this one as well. There are small pry marks on the top of the rocket holder and with the Palitoy Fetts the rocket can be removed since they aren't sonic welded in like the US versions. I've attached a few pics from our scope, take a look at them and I think you'll see the touch-ups for yourself.

Ken

(Jeff Glanville 1/26/17)

Where did I say I would not refund you?
I was not expecting both to have been removed from there baggies as if I were too have these returned to my seller he would not of refunded me being they were both removed that is the point I was making.
As these have deem repaints and reseals by experts I have to take your word for it.
As I'm getting so much flack regards these bloody things I will have to take a hit on these 2 as all my others that have been returned are still in there baggies which are on there way to Steve here at UKG.
Again I'm sorry for this issues but these 2 were my remaining bagies I had for sale as I was keeping the other 2 for own collection.
3 of these have been graded here in the UK so am unsure what has happened to these 2 as these were 2 of the 3 I had that did not come in a mailer box and baggies were not as new looking as these?
As I said please return them and I will refund you so I can close this issues ASAP.
Thanks Jeff

New message from: j10e5f6f6 (2,912)
Hi Marty.
Ok yes I picked them yesterday and both have been opened which I assumed that one was still sealed?.
Obviously as these have both been opened I can not return these to there source but am willing to come to an arrangement .
I would be happy to offer £850 refund today ?
LMK.
Thanks Jeff
[s][s][/s][/s]

boggymn:
Hi Jeff,

I sent you the email you sent me before I sent the pieces to you. I need back the 1300 pounds I paid.

My PayPal address is norfleetj@sbcglobal.net

Regards,
Marty

New message from: j10e5f6f6 (2,912)
Sorry Marty these have been removed from there baggies.
I will not be able to get my refund on them now so £850 is the best I can as that what these would be worth once graded loose.
I can send over that amount today .
Would do £900 That's my final offer.
Sorry for any mis understanding but I'm still unsure of these being reseals as all 6 of the others have been confirmed legit .
I will be taking these 2 to Steve Ward at UKG this week for investigation.
Regards Jeff

Jeff sent me $1080 back out of the $1949 I paid him, I am also short of the grading fees of AFA and CAS. I wanted the community to know that I am not the only one that this has happened to and that there are others that were sold fake baggies as well. His eBay ID name is j10e5f6f6 (2,912) and to prevent getting scammed, make sure you do not buy from Jeff Glanville on eBay or other sites.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”