Header image

Palitoy 41 Back List Rarest to the Most Common?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
palitoyjunky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Palitoy 41 Back List Rarest to the Most Common?

Postby palitoyjunky » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Don't get me wrong Darren we have alway been polite and civil with each other and had good conversations etc and I will always say hello. Maybe my idea of a good friend is a little diff to urs but hey it's all good.
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

sith-smith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby sith-smith » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:12 pm

I'd love to see a pic of a 41 back Dengar, but this is because I'd love to see a picture of a 41 back Dengar, rather than needing to see one to believe it exists. It's been on my wants list for some time and will remain there for the foreseeable future no doubt.

I do appreciate people's desire to have some confirmation. A fun part of collecting is the discovery of new pieces, (the VC Jawa is a good recent example). Some of us have been doing this for decades and new things turn up every now and then which change our understanding slightly, and sometime considerably.

But the end of the day, as much as much as I'd like to see one (not to mention own one) it is up to the owner of any item, in this case Darren, to do with it what they will. If they choose not to show pictures then that is entirely their choice. If they choose to open it, burn the cardback and melt the figure in the microwave....that again is their choice - please don't do that though :D

No one has any entitlement to anything in this hobby, other than to be treated with respect as a fellow collector. No one has any inherent ownership over anything, unless they directly own it, be it an item, a picture of that item or information about it.

I'm sure no one intended to give anyone any stick regarding this - and it has somewhat distracted us from the original OP's question.
martial arts, death, killing stuff......crazy fucking ninja.

MY FEEDBACK

Starzone
Regular
Regular

Postby Starzone » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:Hey Darren,

If your swapping peeks for beers in Orlando I will see you at the bar ;)

You will indeed find me at the bar...with that delinquent Andy Rylos sipping cocktails.

Can't wait :D

Starzone
Regular
Regular

Postby Starzone » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:52 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:And there are 3 known chewie 30bs now. The MOC you displayed and 2 cardbacks.

Cheers Jason

Wow that's cool, not been following things recently and had no idea more cardbacks had surfaced.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi

I think I have a solution to all this, if Darren sells me the 41 back Dengar then people will stop pestering him and busting his balls (which I imagine is quite painfull). I am not particularly shy so I will happily show the forum the pictures of it thereby confirming its existence :D

Thanks
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

Then I'll see you in Hell!

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:49 pm

17990191_10155061530235149_8764289072463117152_o.jpg

Here's the definitive proof youve been looking for. Darren was kind enough to show me a video and pictures of his Palitoy Dengar 41 back at Celebration last week on his mobile. You can tell from my reaction that it must be genuine. At last we can put this to rest. Peace out!

:)

Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Lee Gregory
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lee Gregory » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Still don't see the issue of not posting a pic for all to see, everyone knows that Darren will not be selling it, so why not just prove it's existence by putting a pic on the forum ???

I'm sorry Jason but that doesn't prove anything to me....
This Is Red 5 I'm Goin In!!

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Lee Gregory wrote:Still don't see the issue of not posting a pic for all to see, everyone knows that Darren will not be selling it, so why not just prove it's existence by putting a pic on the forum ???

Then you can ignore the whole matrix then. As the entries on it are all verified in a similar manner.

:-p

Jason

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:49 pm

I might be alone in my thinking here but personally I like to keep some Mystery in collecting so I actually like the fact the picture hasn't been posted. For me the 41 Back Dengar is like a Magic Trick the mystery and thereby intrigue is in not knowing.

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:
Lee Gregory wrote:Still don't see the issue of not posting a pic for all to see, everyone knows that Darren will not be selling it, so why not just prove it's existence by putting a pic on the forum ???

Then you can ignore the whole matrix then. As the entries on it are all verified in a similar manner.

Jason

Don't be silly - only a few entries are verified in that way. Didn't the matrix used to have a separate entry for 'reported to exist', or has that been wiped out?
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

Lee Gregory
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lee Gregory » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:

Jason

Wasn't talking about your matrix Jason...

Just saying that from my point of view that picture, to me at least, proves nothing whatsoever

Other than you met up with Darren in Orlando.
This Is Red 5 I'm Goin In!!

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 pm

I wonder if Darren has any other pictures on his phone like the Yeti, Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster or the Abominable Snowman.

80s_collector
Regular
Regular

Postby 80s_collector » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 am

Starzone wrote:
Andyclarke wrote:I'm sorry Darren but it does come across as a bit arrogant and selfish, don't you think?
Just my opinion.

I don't think people I'm friends with would ever call me selfish and arrogant but if that's what certain people want to think of me I'm cool with that .....trust me I've been called a lot worse.

Darren,

Just keep smiling mate, it's toys afterall...lol

Unfortunately nowadays there is a huge percentage of collectors who think they can try and get into our lives and dictate and demand how we conduct our business.

Number one rule....take no shit off nobody..... hahaha

Anyway, if people think your not shy, arrogant and selfish.....god knows what they think of me.....lol

Finally, I'm into Star Wars just for the money, nice to see your still a collector mate....sell the lot and buy your missus a nice convertible...!

Stick with the dr who keyrings mate..!

Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Andyclarke » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:48 am

80s_collector wrote:
Number one rule....take no shit off nobody..... hahaha

That's a double negative, that means you're happy to take shit off everybody! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:45 pm

maxf wrote:
mr_palitoy wrote:

Jason

Don't be silly - only a few entries are verified in that way. Didn't the matrix used to have a separate entry for 'reported to exist', or has that been wiped out?

I simplified the entries when I took it over. The ? entries are mostly gone now. If I have credible proof that a card/figure exists, be that a photo I have seen or word of mouth from a trusted source, I put an entry as existing now.

cheers Jason

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”