Palitoy 12 & 20 Back Questions?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I am looking to gain some knowledge on Palitoy 12 and 20 Back cards. I believe there are two different backs on a 12 Back card A & B which is rarer? Can you put a full set of all A or all B 12 backs together? Is there only one back for a 20 Back Card? Have any of the first 12 figures ever been seen on a 20 Back card or vice versa?

If there are any other posts that address the questions I have asked could you point me in the right direction and if not would you mind sharing your knowledge with me.

Thank you for your time.

lejackal

Grand Master
Here you go mate, this is probably the best place to start.
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/
Jason, aka Mr Palitoy is a regular on here

Cheers

Carl

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Hello there welcome. Firstly at present NO, one cannot put a full set of either 12A or 12B together :!: I say at present because so far Han Solo has only ever been seen on A and that includes both small and large head, and Death Squad Commander and both Jawas have only been seen on B :!:
Regarding rarity, Sand People seems to show up in similar numbers on A and B. Regarding the rest of the sets figures that have been found on both A & B, A is seen in less numbers and certain figures i.e. Stormtrooper and Luke on A card r extremely rare :!: Also Vader on A is fairly tough.

Now of the set we have the tough 5; Chewie, Luke, Ben, Han, Leia and these r tough to find period with (apart from large head Han and VC Jawa) Chewie being the toughest though Luke on A is much tougher than Chewie :!:

Yes only one 20 back card type. So far no 12 back figures have ever been seen on 20 back cards(regarding Palitoy obviously) and vice versa.

Most Palitoy collectors who go for the set don't seem to be bothered about what card they get each figure on-prob because it's not poss to put a full set of either together.

Hope that helps.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I've seen a 12A Dsc cardback. So just missing a jawa for a full 12A run.

It's unlikely that jawa was ever printed as it was delivered late in the production run after they corrected the cards to 12b. Even the vinyl cape ones that came first are on a 12b card.

They must have massively over produced Han cards so there was no need to reprint as a 12b.

Cheers Jason

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
That card back was on eBay J sometime ago and I am wondering if it was an error on the sellers part i.e. showing the DSC card front and a diff 12a card back :?: :!:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
That card back was on eBay J sometime ago and I am wondering if it was an error on the sellers part i.e. showing the DSC card front and a diff 12a card back :?: :!:

I matched up some card flaws front vs back. It looked good to me.

Jason

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well it would b v interesting to find a MOC example :!:
Great for u J being a cardback collector if indeed it exists 8)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

Thank you for the very helpful responses and the link, I would have no idea where to get my questions answered if it was not for this site.

I have only just started collecting and I am therefore looking for both advice and knowledge and therefore have some more questions:

Is it unusual to see a yellow bubble on a 12 or 20 back Palitoy carded figure (my questions relates to now, not what will happen to bubbles in the future)?

Does punched or unpunched affect the grading or value of a figure?

Thank you for your time.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yep this Forum sure can help :D

The majority of Palitoy 12s and 20s thankfully do have clear bubbles. Punched or unpunched doesn't affect the grade or in theory value but perhaps desirability :!: Obviously if we had a choice we would all like perfect unpunched examples. So if a dealer had two examples of the same MOC in the same condition and one was unpunched and the other punched he may well ask a little more for the unpunched one.

I c u r going all out and looking for top end condition.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I would prefer to only have to buy things once so everything I have purchased so far is 85 or better as I am happy with this grade. Obviously if I can't find an 85 then I would buy an 80 and hope I can upgrade at a future point. I would hope to be able to get the first 20 figures on a 85 grade or better.

I would imagine an 85 grade on some of the 30 backs would be significantly more difficult if not impossible!

I have put another post up about 41 back Palitoys and received no responses should I reword the question or just be patient

Thanks for your help.

lejackal

Grand Master
If you look through the information on the link I posted for you I think you'll find many of the answers you seek.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Would take a fair bit of effort and a hell of a lot of money today but yeh u could put a virtually perfect graded set together, a collecting mate of mine did it around 4 years ago with a couple of 90 grades in the set :!: My set was virtually perfect but only a few were graded as I am not overly crazy about grading-u will find that with a fair few Palitoy collectors :!:

Regarding 30 backs we r talking a diff league of difficulty to obtain :!: Firstly forget about finding 85 grades, worry about completeing the sets first with certain ones in any condition :!:
Anyway u will soon realise this when u start looking :!: :!:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I looked at the Mr Palitoy Cardback Guide briefly on my phone which looks like an excellent point of reference for me so thank you for providing me with that link. Is this site the best place to determine the rarity of different figures within a certain card type and give an indication of anticipated purchase price?

Would most of the figures offered on Facebook for sale also be offered on this site as well?

How are miscards perceived in collectors circles like the Jawa on the Boba Fett card for sale at vectis? Are they generally only collected by specific miscard collectors? Are they considered a grail item given their rarity or a quirky oddity used as a talking point (just looking for people's opinions)?

Sorry about all the questions

Thanks for your help.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

At the moment graded figures are very important to me as I do not have the knowledge or the experience to determine the grade of a card by eye, determine whether it has been resealed or determine whether it is real (I presume carded figures can be copied). Everyone I have been in contact with so far has been very professional but undoubtedly there will be some rogues out there also. I hope by buying graded figures it will prevent me from getting stung!

Thanks

boba76

Padawan
Buy what you like not what you think others will like .. and if you are going for AFA 85 palitoy 12 backs have you thought through the budget ? Goodluck

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

Yes I am fully aware of the costs of putting a set of 20 together.

The cost of putting a 30 set together, I have no idea of the cost of that.

I understand your point on collecting what you like which I agree with.

Thanks

wrighty

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

Where would you suggest I look, could you give me any links?

Thanks for your time

I just hanging around the For Sale section on SWFUK, FB groups and eBay is going to your best bet. My advice is to take your time and have patience, all items will eventually come up for sale. If you do it in a hurry you will either get scammed or pay a premium! 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom