Why didn't they make Tarkin?

Cronker

Padawan
This is a topic that I have thought about and no one else has.
Why didn't they make a Tarkin figure from the first film? Well I think I can tell you why.
Because he was a useless ****.

Think about it:
The ****er wore slippers at work because his boots hurt.
Apparently hygiene was dodgy because he had a foul stench.
He was into bondage with Darth Vader using some kind of leash.
It's debatable, but he was probably such a douchebag because he had suffered through Hayden Christiansen's "performance" before any of us.
He did **** all to stop his fully operational Death Star being blown up by some kid who practiced on womp rats
He was such a useless minger that even the toy people thought that a commander with a penis style helmet would be more exciting for the kiddos.

Question solved.

Next up: General Madine

Cymonguk

Padawan
More interesting was why no rebel soldiers? Is it brcause they all got their arse whipped by stormies?

SteveDixey

Padawan
More to the point. There are people out there called Tarkin. Poor ****ers. I don't think they'll ever be Governor.

reddogblues

Padawan
I think you can ask the same question for a multiple of characters. I hear the argument that Peter Cushing wouldn't let them use his likeness, could be true or not, I don't know. What I never understood was why they released almost every Jabba's Palace creature, but many notable characters went without being produced, which would have been great for recreating scenes. My, I am sure incomplete list, of those I always wondered why they didn't produce:

Han Stormtrooper
Leia Slave
Dr Ezavan
Wedge
Biggs
Rebel Trooper
Owen Lars
Beru Lars
General Dodonna
Sandtrooper
Mon Mothma

elcroz

Padawan
These are really age old questions and I don't believe there has been a top level definitive answer, just theories:
- Kids didn't want to play with an old man toy (see Imperial Dignitary :shock: )
- Why make a figure that dies (see Kenobi firstly and most SW characters thereafter)
- Cushings likeness rights.

I'm surprised a Kenner employee or even a Lucasfilm person has not come out and said why definitely.

Jez

Sith Lord
Great OP.
As a 7 year old I wouldn't want a geriatric stinking headmaster of a twat as an action figure. What accessory would he have? A bottle of Sex Panther or Foul Stench?

spoons

Grand Master
Jez said:
Great OP.
As a 7 year old I wouldn't want a geriatric stinking headmaster of a twat as an action figure. What accessory would he have? A bottle of Sex Panther or Foul Stench?

Exactly - see also Anakin

As a kid I never once wanted a Tarkin figure. Imperial Commander doubled up for most of the Admiral types and as Tarkin too if recreating a 'sitting round a table talking' scene was needed (yawn) :)

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
As a child I never even thought of a Tarkin figure, was just happy with the ones I had.
I believe all the reasons above are valid as to why we never got a Tarkin (and a Rebel Trooper) I put this down to being that Kenner were late on releasing Star Wars figures so concentrated on the more recognisable ones, then just started to work on esb figs.

Tickion

Padawan
Apparently they did make Tarkin but he was only available in the States.

At least that's what my mate at school told me. His Dad supposedly bought him one but unfortunately it got conveniently 'lost' shortly afterwards.He always was a lying little ****.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom