Header image

Response to Claims

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Response to Claims

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Section 8 wrote:The last thing I would do is send them back by post. Is there a proper receipt or guarantee on these sold baggies?? I somewhat doubt it so you could just be sending him a pile of figures worth £100's which he could just resell again. If they were expensive I would have to personally return them and expect payment in person. It's the only way to guarantee not being scammed a second time.

& this is why I have not sent anything back.

No further comunications with UKG either BTW
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:41 pm

I asked Stephen at UKG about my Bossk mailer that they graded, that I bought from Jeff to which he assured me that mine was legit!! Quite amazed by that as it has the same mailing address on the box as one that posted here a while ago that was a fake.

Really feel for all the guys that got fake ones though, nothing worse than being scammed. I really hope that Jeff does follow through and make good on all the refunds he says he would.
There is no spoon!

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Bunglebubs wrote:I asked Stephen at UKG about my Bossk mailer that they graded, that I bought from Jeff to which he assured me that mine was legit!! Quite amazed by that as it has the same mailing address on the box as one that posted here a while ago that was a fake.

Really feel for all the guys that got fake ones though, nothing worse than being scammed. I really hope that Jeff does follow through and make good on all the refunds he says he would.

So Jeff sold a fake mailer, with fake label, which has the same address used as a genuine one he sold? Sounds fishy to me - could he have copied the genuine one? Was the genuine label scanned and printed onto the fake box?
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:25 pm

maxf wrote:
Bunglebubs wrote:I asked Stephen at UKG about my Bossk mailer that they graded, that I bought from Jeff to which he assured me that mine was legit!! Quite amazed by that as it has the same mailing address on the box as one that posted here a while ago that was a fake.

So Jeff sold a fake mailer, with fake label, which has the same address used as a genuine one he sold? Sounds fishy to me - could he have copied the genuine one? Was the genuine label scanned and printed onto the fake box?

Yeah I know which is why I asked UKG the question twice but he was adamant mine is genuine. Was told by UKG that it wasn't unusal for several of the same mailer figure to be sent to the same address. Maybe by some mistake on Jeff's part he sent me the one he was using for copies by mistake.
There is no spoon!

momike
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby momike » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 pm

You got some pics of the mailer mate? It's possible someone mailed away for one or more bossks but should have diff numbers on the label, those two bossks were deffo fake though

If you could get some pics up prob best to do it in the other thread ; )

Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Bunglebubs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:14 pm

momike wrote:You got some pics of the mailer mate? It's possible someone mailed away for one or more bossks but should have diff numbers on the label, those two bossks were deffo fake though

If you could get some pics up prob best to do it in the other thread ; )

Ive posted up one now although a bit hard to read as the text is quite small.
There is no spoon!

xbomber
Regular
Regular

Postby xbomber » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Well I'm glad that was all sorted out.
This 'lower end' collector has 2 VCJs, 2 mint yaks (one graded) and one near mint blue snag. Not bad for a 'lower end' collector! lol

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:46 pm

xbomber wrote:Well I'm glad that was all sorted out.

:lol: :lol: :roll:

It's really not funny by the way. :(
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

xbomber
Regular
Regular

Postby xbomber » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:41 pm

theforceuk wrote:
xbomber wrote:Well I'm glad that was all sorted out.

:lol: :lol: :roll:

It's really not funny by the way. :(

Better to laugh than cry in my defense. And either of those are better than bottling it and running away.
This 'lower end' collector has 2 VCJs, 2 mint yaks (one graded) and one near mint blue snag. Not bad for a 'lower end' collector! lol

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Agreed I just didn't want to come across as though I'm laughing at the whole situation, just your post. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

sparkysx
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby sparkysx » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:32 am

How is this different to something like credit card fraud?

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:54 am

sparkysx wrote:How is this different to something like credit card fraud?

If he is guilty it is fraud but its so complex I don't think the police would get involved. Imagine someone trying to understand this who doesn't collect vintage star wars. I still don't fully understand all the differences in these baggies and I am a collector like you guys with a deep interest in this.
Anyone who has a suspected fake I would advise you to move fast when he has offered a refund. Even if possible call down to the guy with your item.
"Age is no barrier, it's a limitation you put in your mind.~Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

sparkysx
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby sparkysx » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Maybe I should compare to copying an expensive drawing, or piece of jewelry, both worthy of police involvement.

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:06 pm

sparkysx wrote:Maybe I should compare to copying an expensive drawing, or piece of jewelry, both worthy of police involvement.

Oh it's worthy of the fraud office involvement for sure. As you say, it's the same as copying some jewellery or an antique. try explaining it to the police though - they will hide behind it being a civil matter, which means taking him to court. As it's over £6,000 it will have to go to the high court as it's too big for small claims and to be heard by a magistrate.

All doable, but not cheap and the saying goes 'never sue a man of straw' because a decent claim will bankrupt him, just in costs.
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby tobedesu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:23 pm

sparkysx wrote:Maybe I should compare to copying an expensive drawing, or piece of jewelry, both worthy of police involvement.

Without question there's something going on.
However, take paintings for example, an authenticator of art can issue certificates of authenticity for pieces.
Police then have a professional to whom they can rely on.
In the case of Star Wars figures who might the professional body be? Who can issue a certificate to state a certain piece is exactly what it claims to be?
If TT didn't get prosecuted then what's the likely scenario here?

No offence intended to knowledgeable collectors.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”