Header image

Response to Claims

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Response to Claims

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:54 pm

After reading through the thread, I really feel for you Lewis. This Jeff guy sounds a very pleasant person with very high morals.......not :shock:

I agree with the guys, report to the Police, report it as a case of serious fraud, build up a case, get whoever you can Involved, possibly trading standards if he is a trader/ business, I am more than sure that you have more than enough evidence and fellow SWF.uk members who would be willing to give evidence against this parasite in the future.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get the positive outcome you rightly deserve.

Russ
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

slim
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby slim » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Holy cow this really is a sad state of affairs now , I was looking adding some baggies and mailers to get my collection started again and now it will be even harder for me , more homework to do ! , Is there a thread with all these fake baggies on it

Shocked :o :o :shock:
The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion !

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Yep very sad indeed.

There are a number of FB Baggie groups one of which I think is run by Frank, my advice if you are looking to addbaggies/ mailers to your collection then this is the way to go to avoid getting stung! Safe havens with trustworthy collectors as always is the way to go
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

momike
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby momike » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Lewis ended up sending those baggies in to ukg......turns out some of the figures had been touched up with visible brush strokes :cry:

ldr
Regular
Regular

Postby ldr » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:10 pm

Yeah. Luke was touched up...still sticky even. So cant grade that. So lost pretty much all my money on that one.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 am

ldr wrote:Yeah. Luke was touched up...still sticky even. So cant grade that. So lost pretty much all my money on that one.

gutted for you lewis, very sorry to here this but sort of expected sadly, paint touch ups again I see, not the first of his baggies to be opened & found to be like this, remember the tri logo fett's that were failed by both AFA & CSA?

Worrying new problem on the horizon now is that Marc Hockly would seem to be selling jeff's stuff for him via Jabbas auction group on facebook :|

I have had my suspicions of this for some time, but with some help we finally I'D'd one of the figures that was in the fake baggies jeff was offering up, it's a rare PBP dark brown hoth rebel with distinct paint over-spray on the back of the head where the straps are, I tried to alert folks to this on the page but pretty much got told to mind my business & it's all ok as the figure is now loose graded, yet it is obviously jeff's not Marc's

I can provide detailed images if anyone is interested (doubtful sadly)

Marc just ignored my images & concerns as he did with the fake red text 2 pack thread here.

The big thing for me is that now Jeff has an avenue to sell all his loose mint & mostly graded figures via that group & Marc with all the funds no doubt going into his pocket rather than being forwarded on to those who are still owed a refund.

This to me is shocking, sadly from what I can tell no one gives a rats ass about it :? :?
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:13 am

I agree Frank and would like to see photos of the DB HRS. All this seams to have been swept under the carpet.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:35 am

Pay close attention to the overspray not just at the headband, but also his arse, hips, boot....

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:51 am

Perhaps I don’t have all the facts, but can someone please explain exactly what Marc is doing wrong here?

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:09 am

Clarkspie&chips wrote:Perhaps I don’t have all the facts, but can someone please explain exactly what Marc is doing wrong here?

From what I can make out he is selling figures for Jeff so that Jeff still gets cash from the community whilst still not refunding those people that he sold fakes to. Basically the equivalent of Toni selling unused cardbacks in someone else's cabinet in Snoopers

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:52 am

Thanks Carl.
I am in no doubt that the Rebel Soldier is/was Jeffs as
I have seen it in person but there is absolutely no proof that he still owns it. Marc is a well respected dealer and it is perfectly feasible he bought this from Jeff to flip (and made a tidy profit on it by the looks of it).

I am concerned this is becoming a which hunt for anyone connected to Jeff as Frank has now levelled accusations against Marc Hockley twice in the space of a month.
Facts should always be verified before anyone’s name is banded about as reputations are far easier to damage than to build up.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:03 am

Clarkspie&chips wrote:Thanks Carl.
I am in no doubt that the Rebel Soldier is/was Jeffs as
I have seen it in person but there is absolutely no proof that he still owns it. Marc is a well respected dealer and it is perfectly feasible he bought this from Jeff to flip (and made a tidy profit on it by the looks of it).

I am concerned this is becoming a which hunt for anyone connected to Jeff as Frank has now levelled accusations against Marc Hockley twice in the space of a month.
Facts should always be verified before anyone’s name is banded about as reputations are far easier to damage than to build up.

At this present time I feel that the two incidents have to be viewed separately (though perhaps in time this may change).

I am, of course, alarmed, as I’m sure are many others, to hear that Marc Hockley has refused to refund the money in respect of the 2 pack red Snaggletooth / Greedo as there enough red lights to point to it being a fake, and as a long time member of the community and as a respected dealer he should be looking to cement his reputation and do the right thing. I do not have enough knowledge of the subject matter to comment further.

On the other hand at this present time there has not been any evidence put forward to show that the pbp rebel soldier with metallic Bespin Blaster auction on Jabba’s palace is anything other than a case of flipping. Yes, it’s almost certainly the same figure Jeff was selling in a fake baggie but with no further evidence on the table, as yet, it’s impossible for the mods on Jabbas to cancel that auction or ban Marc, and it’s hard for me or anybody else to comment either.

I don’t know Marc. I don’t believe I’ve ever bought off him. I do know he’s well liked and well respected. On the other hand I have the upmost respect for you Frank, and what you’ve done for the community, time and time again. I hope this can all get resolved. I know you must have more. I think we all need to see it.

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:19 am

I've no involvement, axe to grind or side to take in this, but at the root of this there's been a deliberate attempt to deceive that has cost many collectors a lot of money, and the person at the centre of it seems to have absolved himself of any culpability (and moral obligation to refund people) without bothering to provide an explanation of why he feels he can do this.

So, if it's the case that Marc has bought Jeff's stuff and...

Clarkspie&chips wrote:Marc is a well respected dealer.

...then I would've expected him to:

• Come on here to put forward his side of the story (I've not seen it here or anywhere else);
  • Be very, very careful about what he bought from Jeff and how he sold it on (seems not to be the case with Frank's multipack);
  • Had a no-quibble approach when his customers question anything he may've sold on from Jeff's collection. (Again, seems not to be the case with Frank's multipack)
It seems to me that any dealer who doesn't do this is hurting their own reputation. However, from the reaction over on Jabba's it seems many people don't give a shit about this or that Jeff is cashing in without refunding those who have lost out.

momike
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby momike » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Any money made should be going towards refunding folk, just a thew posts back Lewis was refused a refund because he missed a deadline he was not even aware of.....this whole thing stinks

I wasn’t aware that Marc was a dealer and if that’s the case his customer service is terrible, he should be refunding frank and it’s as simple as that and the buyer beware comment is disgraceful imo, Frank had them looked at by ukg and they refused a grade and I know frank suggested letting CAS look at the pack and Marc didn’t want to know......piss poor form

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:52 pm

Looks like they're coming out of the bags and into plastic boxes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/j10e5f6f6/m. ... 7675.l2562

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”