Is this a list of all of the Palitoy Star Wars toys? (edited)

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
There is plenty of reference material regarding the Palitoy Star Wars action figure range but I have never seen a comprehensive list of all of the toys. I had a go listing all of the action figure toys and role-play toys. Of course loads of packaging variations ended up in Britain but I have only listed the ones that were supplied by Palitoy as their 'official' box for each product.

I'd be interested in hearing what people think. Please point out spelling mistakes and where I have not described the item correctly.

Land Speeder (Palitoy).
TIE Fighter (Kenner with Palitoy sticker). I am not aware of Palitoy producing its own box.
X-Wing Fighter (Palitoy).
Death Star (Palitoy).
Light Saber (Palitoy).
Large Size Action Figures. Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa (Palitoy).

Land Speeder (Palitoy).
Imperial TIE Fighter (Kenner with Palitoy sticker).
X-Wing Fighter (Palitoy).
Die Cast: Millennium Falcon, Imperial Cruiser and Y-Wing Fighter (Palitoy).
Die Cast: X-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter, Darth Vader TIE Fighter and Land Speeder (Palitoy).
Death Star (Palitoy).
Light Saber (Palitoy).
Blaster Pistol (Palitoy).
3 Position Laser Rifle (Palitoy).
Radio Controlled R2-D2 (Palitoy).
Talking R2-D2 (Palitoy).
Darth Vader TIE Fighter (Palitoy).
Cantina (Palitoy).
Land of the Jawas (Palitoy).
Droid Factory (Palitoy).
Imperial Troop Transporter (Palitoy).
Large Size Action Figures. Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Artoo Detoo (R2-D2), See-Threepio (C-3PO) and Darth Vader (Denys Fisher). Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi and Jawa (Meccano).

Millennium Falcon Spaceship (Palitoy ESB).
X-Wing Fighter (Palitoy ESB).
Blaster Pistol (Palitoy ESB).
3 Position Laser Rifle (Palitoy SW – possibly Palitoy ESB packaging?).
Tauntaun (Palitoy ESB).
Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder (Palitoy ESB).
Twin Pod Cloud Car (Palitoy ESB).
The Force Lightsaber red and yellow (Sold loose).
Large Size Action Figures: Boba Fett (Kenner). Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Artoo Detoo (R2-D2), See-Threepio (C-3PO) and Darth Vader (Denys Fisher).
Radio Controlled R2-D2 (Palitoy SW).
Talking R2-D2 (Palitoy SW).
Darth Vader TIE Fighter (Palitoy SW).
Cantina (Palitoy SW).
Land of the Jawas (Palitoy SW).
Droid Factory (Palitoy SW).
Land Speeder (Palitoy SW).
Imperial Troop Transporter (Palitoy).
Imperial TIE Fighter (Kenner with Palitoy sticker).
Death Star (Palitoy SW).
Die Cast: X-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter, Darth Vader TIE Fighter, Land Speeder (Palitoy SW).
Die Cast: Millennium Falcon, Imperial Cruiser and Y-Wing Fighter (Palitoy SW).

Yoda Hand Puppet (Palitoy ESB).
Die Cast: X-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter, Darth Vader TIE Fighter and Land Speeder (Palitoy SW).
Die Cast: Twin Pod Cloud Car, Rebel Armored Snowspeeder and Slave I (Kenner).
The Force Lightsaber red and yellow (Sold loose).
Turret & Probot playset (Palitoy ESB).
Imperial Attack Base (Palitoy ESB).
Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Action Playset (Palitoy ESB).
Mini Rigs. MTV-7 Multi Terrain Vehicle, MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon, and PDT-8 Personnel Deployment Transport (Palitoy ESB).
Twin Pod Cloud Car (Palitoy ESB).
Tauntaun (Palitoy ESB).
X-Wing Fighter (Palitoy ESB).
Imperial TIE Fighter (Kenner SW with Palitoy sticker).
Imperial Troop Transporter (Palitoy SW with Bounty Hunter offer).
Darth Vader TIE Fighter (Palitoy SW with Bounty Hunter offer).
Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder (Palitoy ESB).

Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter (Palitoy ESB).
Mini Rigs. INT-4 Interceptor, CAP-2 Captivator, MTV-7 Multi-Terrain Vehicle, MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon and PDT-8 Personnel Deployment Transport (Palitoy ESB).
Tauntaun with open belly rescue feature (Palitoy ESB).
Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship (Palitoy ESB).
Wampa (Palitoy ESB).
Dagobah Action Playset (Palitoy ESB).
AT-AT All Terrain Armoured Transport (Palitoy ESB).
Darth Vader TIE Fighter (Palitoy SW with Bounty Hunter offer).
Imperial Troop Transporter (Palitoy SW with Bounty Hunter offer).
Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Action Playset (Palitoy ESB).
Die Cast: Twin Pod Cloud Car, Rebel Armored Snowspeeder and Slave I (Kenner).

I am assuming that all of the Bilogo packaging releases began in 1983 but the only confirmed items, as far as I am aware are the Radar Laser Cannon, Vehicle Maintenance Energizer and Tri-pod Laser Cannon. All of the other items; Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter, Millennium Falcon, Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder, Wampa, Slave I, AT-AT, CAP-2, MLC-3, and INT-4 had previously been released in Palitoy ESB packaging and this could have continued into 1983. I have no idea why Palitoy would have developed its own branded packaging for the Scout Walker and the Rebel Transport instead of using bilogo that it was also using in 1983. The Scout Walker was given the Bilogo treatment but the Rebel Transport was not. The Bilogo Vehicle Maintenance Energizer has the American spelling of "Energiser" for some reason.

Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder (Bilogo).
Wampa (Bilogo).
Tauntaun with open belly recue feature (Bilogo).
Darth Vader TIE Fighter (SW with Bounty Hunter Offer).
Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship (Bilogo).
Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Playset (Palitoy ESB).
AT-AT (Imperial All-Terrain Armoured Transport) Vehicle (Bilogo).
Rebel Transport vehicle (Palitoy ROTJ).
Scout Walker Vehicle (Palitoy ROTJ).
Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter Vehicle both white and grey examples (Bi-logo).
Radar Laser Cannon, Tri-pod Laser Cannon and Vehicle Maintenance Energizer (Bilogo).
Millennium Falcon Spaceship (Bilogo).
Mini Rigs: INT-4 Interceptor, CAP-2 Captivator, MTV-7 Multi-Terrain Vehicle, MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon (Bilogo).
Jabba the Hutt Action Playset (Kenner ROTJ).
Speeder Bike Vehicle (Kenner ROTJ).
Mini Rigs: AST-5 Armored Sentinel Transport Vehicle and ISP-6 Imperial Shuttle Pod vehicle (Kenner ROTJ).

Chewbacca Bandolier Strap (Kenner ROTJ ). I do not know if this was actually released in the shops in the U.K. It was included in the Palitoy 1984 Trade Catalogue.
Endor Forest Ranger Vehicle (Trilogo).
Ewok Assault Catapult Accessory (Kenner ROTJ).
Ewok Combat Glider (Kenner ROTJ).
Mini Rigs: AST-5 Armoured Sentinel Transport Vehicle and ISP-6 Imperial Shuttle Pod vehicle (Trilogo).
Mini Rigs: Mini Rigs. INT-4 Interceptor, CAP-2 Captivator, MTV-7 Multi-Terrain Vehicle, MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon (Bilogo).
Speeder Bike Vehicle (Bilogo).
Sy Snootles and the Reebo Band (Trilogo).
Jabba the Hutt Action Playset (Bilogo).
Battle Damaged Imperial TIE Fighter Vehicle (Bilogo).
Ewok Village Action Playset (Bilogo).
TIE Interceptor Vehicle (Bilogo).
Y-Wing Fighter Vehicle (Bilogo/Trilogo).
B-Wing Fighter Vehicle (Trilogo).
Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter Vehicle (Bilogo).
Rancor Monster (Trilogo).
Scout Walker Vehicle (Bilogo).
Rebel Transport Vehicle (Palitoy ROTJ).
14" Plush Ewoks. Wicket W. Warrick. Princess Kneesa (Trilogo).
8" Plush Ewoks. Leeni, Mookie, Nippet and Wiley (Trilogo).

It's strange that Palitoy was still issuing the Ewok Assault Catapult and Ewok Combat Glider in ROTJ Kenner packaging.

Complete Playpacks; Hoth Rescue, Endor Chase and Ewok Combat (Power of the Force Trilogo).
Body-Rigs: One-Man Sand Skimmer Vehicle, Security Scout Vehicle and Imperial Sniper Vehicle (Power of the Force Trilogo).
Imperial Shuttle Vehicle (Kenner ROTJ).
B-Wing Fighter Vehicle (Trilogo).
Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter Vehicle (Bilogo/Trilogo).
TIE Interceptor Vehicle (Bilogo).
Mini Rigs CAP-2 Captivator and INT-4 Interceptor (Bilogo).
Mini Rigs AST-5 Armoured Sentinel Vehicle and ISP-6 Imperial Shuttle Pod (Trilogo).
One-Man Sail Skiff Vehicle (Trilogo).
Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder (Bilogo).
Radar Laser Cannon, Vehicle Maintenance Energizer and Tri-pod Laser Cannon (Bilogo).
Jabba the Hutt Action Playset (Bilogo).
Ewok Village Action Playset (Trilogo).
Rancor (Trilogo).
Sy Snootles and the Reebo Band (Trilogo).
Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship (Bilogo).
Scout Walker Vehicle (Bilogo).
Ewok Assault Catapult Accessory (Kenner ROTJ).
Ewok Combat Glider (Kenner ROTJ).
Speeder Bike Vehicle (Bilogo).
Endor Forest Ranger Vehicle (Trilogo).
14" Plush Ewoks. Wicket W. Warrick. Princess Kneesa (Trilogo).
8" Plush Ewoks. Leeni, Mookie, Nippet and Wiley (Trilogo).

lejackal

Grand Master
Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter Vehicle (Bilogo/Trilogo).

There are both Bi-logo and Trilogo versions of these so should be listed separately imo

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Nice list!

You have double listed Death Star in 1979, and also the spelling of Light Saber on the packaging should have a space in it.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Thanks.

The ebb and flow of Star Wars descriptions is fascinating. You're right. It is Light Saber on the inflatable version but Lightsaber with "The Force Lightsabre."

spoons

Grand Master
are you sure the die cast started in 1978 Craig? I've not been able to find a reference for a release in the UK before 1979, and assumed that they came out with the 20 backs.

I'm also confused by the 1980 die cast release list - these had the same packaging as the 1979 (or 1978) release so are you saying that the falcon, y wing and imperial cruiser were no longer avaialble in 1980? Interesting if so.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Also, not sure of the virtue of listing the same item in multiple years. Like you have with the Death Star, listed in 1978, 1979, 1980.

I guess you are saying it was available on shop shelves in these years, but you could equally apply that logic to any of the items. Somewhere there would have been a shop selling a Tauntaun in 1985 for example.

I think it would make better sense to only list relist an item across multiple years if it was reissued in different packaging.

ps. one Palitoy thing you've missed out is the Special Offer Cantina.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
are you sure the die cast started in 1978 Craig? I've not been able to find a reference for a release in the UK before 1979, and assumed that they came out with the 20 backs.

I'm also confused by the 1980 die cast release list - these had the same packaging as the 1979 (or 1978) release so are you saying that the falcon, y wing and imperial cruiser were no longer avaialble in 1980? Interesting if so.

Good point about the die cast in 1980 - I just left them off for some reason! The jury is out on whether the first set came out in 78. I may have to make more changes.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Also, not sure of the virtue of listing the same item in multiple years. Like you have with the Death Star, listed in 1978, 1979, 1980.

I guess you are saying it was available on shop shelves in these years, but you could equally apply that logic to any of the items. Somewhere there would have been a shop selling a Tauntaun in 1985 for example.

I think it would make better sense to only list relist an item across multiple years if it was reissued in different packaging.

ps. one Palitoy thing you've missed out is the Special Offer Cantina.

Thanks for the input.

I'm basing this list on Palitoy trade catalogues. Also product catalogues and posters. The items were available to retailers in each particular year.

I might include the Special Offer Cantina if the year it came out can be determined.

spoons

Grand Master
Simply Sci-fi said:
spoons said:

Good point about the die cast in 1980 - I just left them off for some reason! The jury is out on whether the first set came out in 78. I may have to make more changes.

OK - less interesting then :)

If you do manage to track down any definitive start date for the die cast let me know. Great project in any case.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Simply Sci-fi said:
spoons said:

I remember receiving the last figure to complete my first 12 released set as the VCJ Jawa around February 1979 and don't remember the 20 backs available at the time. I mention this as on receiving it I put it straight into my Palitoy Death Star that I had received for Christmas 78. My Birthday is in April and for my Birthday of 79 I received the Cantina and a few 20 backs.

This is how I remember it and there certainly weren't any 20 backs available when I was given the Jawa so the Death Star must have been released during the later part of 78.

Ian

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
spoons said:

I checked the Mr Palitoy site and it has an image of the Palitoy 1979 catalogue, where all of the Star Wars die cast vehicles are marked as being 'new.' http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/swcatalogues.htm

I'm getting there with this list.

Tickion

Padawan
Good list! Palitoy did their version of the Play-Doh set -not action figure related so perhaps off topic.

spoons

Grand Master
Simply Sci-fi said:
spoons said:

I checked the Mr Palitoy site and it has an image of the Palitoy 1979 catalogue, where all of the Star Wars die cast vehicles are marked as being 'new.' http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/swcatalogues.htm

I'm getting there with this list.

Nice, and keep up the good work!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom