God bless America

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Thank you Mr Trump for causing a slide in the $US - get ready chaps for a potential win on the exchange rate............

Joe

Grand Master
I knew I should have converted my USD balance the other day..while I'm happy the pound is gaining some ground against the dollar it's painful watching my £'s slip away day by day :!:

lejackal

Grand Master
Joe said:
I knew I should have converted my USD balance the other day..while I'm happy the pound is gaining some ground against the dollar it's painful watching my £'s slip away day by day :!:
buy some stuff from the US, sell it on FB and make £££ :lol: :lol: :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
The GBP climbs 5% in 48 hours and bugger all on the BBC website. Goddam media informing you about what they WANT you to know about rather than what you want to know about. Good news doesn't sell, I guess.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It will get better for us as well I reckon, seen as he's hell bent on bankrupting America.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Top tip for anyone going.

If the rate gets high, book currency with Tesco. You can cancel it up to 24 hours before with no penalty. You can lock the rate, so if you think it's hit it's high, lock the currency in. If it then goes up, cancel and reorder but if it goes down you still have the locked up high rate with Tesco.

Hooch

Jedi Knight
steve obi wan said:
It's a petty PayPal still offers **** exchange rate !!
I always make sure I tick the box so I pay using my banks exchange rate for that reason. It might only be a few cents sometimes but its always better and every bit helps

Jez

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Top tip for anyone going.

If the rate gets high, book currency with Tesco. You can cancel it up to 24 hours before with no penalty. You can lock the rate, so if you think it's hit it's high, lock the currency in. If it then goes up, cancel and reorder but if it goes down you still have the locked up high rate with Tesco.

The best bit of advice I've read so far this year. Not just about Celebration but a handy tip for all travel.
Nice one Ben

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:

Top tip No2:

When I'm buying stuff from the States through Paypal I pay on credit card rather than using the PP balance and use the credit card suppliers rates rather than Paypals. It normally works out at least a cent better off, Paypal gives you the option to do this.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
steve obi wan said:

Top tip No2:

When I'm buying stuff from the States through Paypal I pay on credit card rather than using the PP balance and use the credit card suppliers rates rather than Paypals. It normally works out at least a cent better off, Paypal gives you the option to do this.

Bend top travel tip number 2. Get yourself something like a Halifax clarity credit card. It gives a perfect exchange rate (the bank rate on the day) and has no commission and no fees. It is hands down the cheapest way to transfer currency.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Andyclarke said:
steve obi wan said:

Top tip No2:

Bend top travel tip number 2. Get yourself something like a Halifax clarity credit card. It gives a perfect exchange rate (the bank rate on the day) and has no commission and no fees. It is hands down the cheapest way to transfer currency.

:D :D

lejackal

Grand Master
Hooch said:
steve obi wan said:
I always make sure I tick the box so I pay using my banks exchange rate for that reason. It might only be a few cents sometimes but its always better and every bit helps
There's a box to do that?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom