My 17 year Palitoy inventory

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph's questions got me thinking about how rare (or not so rare) Palitoys have been for me over the years.
The following table has been collated from all the photographed MOC pieces that I have owned or still own since the year 2000. The numbers denote the number of unique examples I have acquired over the years. The blanks show pieces I have never owned and the blacks show pieces that were definitely never produced on that card, although lack of evidence for some suggests there probably should be more black cells on there.
It's interesting (well to me anyway! :D )that apart from the few usual 45a suspects the 12 and 20 backs have been by far the easiest and most common pieces to acquire. If only I still owned them all! :roll:
0oWMbW.jpg

sith-smith

Grand Master
Wish I'd done something like that!

That is quite a list!!

Incidentally, did I ever buy a 30b Luke X wing from you?

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
Wish I'd done something like that!

That is quite a list!!

Incidentally, did I ever buy a 30b Luke X wing from you?

Not sure. Here are the two I owned. Do either match yours?

Attachments

• luke30.JPG
    luke30.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 703
  • lukexwing30back.JPG
    lukexwing30back.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 702

maxf

Jedi Master
Andyclarke said:
The following table has been collated from all the photographed MOC pieces that I have owned or still own since the year 2000. The numbers denote the number of unique examples I have acquired over the years.

17 years! I can't believe I've know you all that time, and I don't think we've ever actually met (I'd say never, but you;ll say we met at Memorabilia in 2001 or something ;) )

Really interesting list - it really shows the rarity of some other cards - 1 45a Dengar, No 12bk Chewies and 1 Ben. 19 At-At Drivers!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Haha Max we will one day, when I get my arse in gear and head south!

Yeah that was what I was trying to convey, how rare or relatively common some pieces are. Obviously I've had opportunities or missed out on hundreds more, but these were the ones that fit my budget or was lucky enough to come across.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
maxf said:
Andyclarke said:
The following table has been collated from all the photographed MOC pieces that I have owned or still own since the year 2000. The numbers denote the number of unique examples I have acquired over the years.

17 years! I can't believe I've know you all that time, and I don't think we've ever actually met (I'd say never, but you;ll say we met at Memorabilia in 2001 or something ;) )

Really interesting list - it really shows the rarity of some other cards - 1 45a Dengar, No 12bk Chewies and 1 Ben. 19 At-At Drivers!

Include me on that aswell :D

I remember you guys from back in the day, together with Lee B,Gary S, Bernie Holmes,Pulsar etc. We also had Andy Preston,Ardy and the like. I first made contact with Gary S through an Ebay sale and convinced him to come onto the forums. Pretty sure the 45a back Stormtrooper on that list was the same one i owned aswell.

Thats what the internet was special for, bringing people together but ive met few of them in person.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Wow Andy that is a v interesting and indeed impressive list! It's a great insight as to what showed up and what perhaps didn't years ago. No Chewie 12 and 2 30 back LXWs :eek: I c u have put 41 Dengar in white-no I am not going there :lol:

A good point to note is that collecting goals were diff certainly to many, when I first got involved in around 96 it was all 12 &20 backs-Kenner or Palitoy and POTF :!: Palitoy Empire wasn't held in high regard at all by most and prices certainly reflected that-even though prices were a lot less anyway on most pieces. As for Tri-logo, card backs r going for more today than many MOC Tris did back then :!:

I wish I knew u guys back then, my collection would have almost certainly been diff :wink:

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
That's a great idea - think I might do something similar.

And from my perspective you have an absolute grail piece in that list; I don't even want to know if you still have it as begging will then be involved and it won't be very dignified!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I'm always fascinated to know how these were distributed in the day, for example it's clear some 45a's must have been made in far smaller amounts such as Han Hoth, Rebel Commander, 2-1b, Lobots etc, which I would guess because there were plenty of 41 backs left on the shelf. The amount of 12 backs around is really quite staggering and I would guess there are at least 30-50 people out there with full sets.

Wish I'd known you too Jon, perhaps our paths did cross unknowingly. I did have the odd chance to get a Chewie back then but even in those days it was way out of my budget......I'm not going down the Dengar route either!! At the end of the day I so want it to exist, I've just become more and more cynical about stuff.

Lom - go on which one was it? More than likely it now sits in Gary's collection so you can pester him! :lol:

Lee - nice to know so many are still collecting after all this time. Collecting Star Wars is a drug after all, one we never really kick!

Gary was one of those Luke X-Wing 30 backs yours?

I did find an old email I sent to Toytoni back in January 2004, I won't bore you with the context:

"Ardy has sold all but two of his 30 backs. 11 went to Gary Smith, 2 went to Jon Evans and 2 to Matt Lake.
He has the Yoda and Luke X-Wing left for sale."

Hmm interesting? Do you still have those 11?

sith-smith

Grand Master
I remember buying those

Can't off the top of my head remember which ones I got. I do know it completed my 30 back set with the exception of the WBG, which I didn't finally get until summer of the same year.

I think there was a 30a bossk, AT AT driver, and 30b version Luke. If I can find some old records I could probably work out what the other 8 were. Some did fill gaps in my collection, others I got as possible trades, but ended up selling them on

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
I remember buying those

Can't off the top of my head remember which ones I got. I do know it completed my 30 back set with the exception of the WBG, which I didn't finally get until summer of the same year.

I think there was a 30a bossk, AT AT driver, and 30b version Luke. If I can find some old records I could probably work out what the other 8 were. Some did fill gaps in my collection, others I got as possible trades, but ended up selling them on

Ardy must have bought all my 30 backs off me, so a big chance a lot of the ones you got were mine. I have pics of all my original 30 backs so I can always check. It's nice to know they ended up in your collection. Here's a few of my old pics I quickly found. The Luke Bespin was Ardy's, which I took a pic of when he came round.

nzr1jO.jpg

SBust6.jpg

xBzTro.jpg

R358O7.jpg

9KBBTY.jpg

N4An4u.jpg

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi Andy

Very helpfull and impressive list of your collection purchases and inventory over such a long period of time. It is very usefull to know not only what was produced but what wasn't and probably wasn't as well especially to a new less knowledgeable collector like myself.

Thanks

Anthony

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Here's an Excel list I found attched to an email I sent to Joey back in November 2003, its shows some of the stuff I was selling and the prices I was looking for. Not necessarily the prices I got! Wish they were these prices again, sigh :roll:
Y7NnWv.jpg

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Hi Anthony, Cheers and glad you find it useful. Have you decided yet what you are going to focus on beyond 12 and 20 backs?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

30 Backs first and then 41 Backs in an ideal world but i will buy them as and when they become available. I need 3 12 backs to complete my set and 4 20 Backs I only have one 30 Back and 41 Back at the moment. It would be nice to finish the 12 and 20 back set first but beggars can't be choosers so I will have to buy what is offered to me in no specific order.

Any help in adding to my collection would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

30 Backs first and then 41 Backs in an ideal world but i will buy them as and when they become available. I need 3 12 backs to complete my set and 4 20 Backs I only have one 30 Back and 41 Back at the moment. It would be nice to finish the 12 and 20 back set first but beggars can't be choosers so I will have to buy what is offered to me in no specific order.

Thanks

Anthony

I'll keep you in mind for sure. Which of the 3 12 backs are you after?

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Andy, it was that 30b AT-AT Driver; looks like It ended up in Gary's collection. Definitely the best place for it... Actually, no it's not! I want it! :lol: :twisted:

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Lom said:
Andy, it was that 30b AT-AT Driver; looks like It ended up in Gary's collection. Definitely the best place for it... Actually, no it's not! I want it! :lol: :twisted:

Haha, yes, they don't come up very often that's for sure. Then again if you asked him nice enough.... :D :D :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'm guessing i bought most, if not all of those 30 backs of yours.

If i can find some paperwork I'll know for sure.

Definitely at at driver and that exact same 30a bossk, as i remember the price sticker!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Andyclarke said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

Thanks

Anthony

I'll keep you in mind for sure. Which of the 3 12 backs are you after?

Hi Andy

I need Ben, Jawa & Chewbacca (the easy ones) :D

Thanks for your help

Anthony

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom