12 C VCJ with Harbert Sticker

wrighty

Sith Lord
Posted on FB... here we go!! :D

For new members to catch up and for us to refresh our memories!

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18859

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20149&hilit=harbert+vinyl+jawa

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 08.39.20.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 08.39.20.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,053

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
80s_collector said:
A lovely very rare item and Ive had hold of it and its legit, belting bit.....good luck with the auction vectis... :D

You're not sat on a case of them as well are you!!?? :)

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Seriously amazing piece though. Just seen Tuesday 28th March for the next sale. Was beginning to wonder if Vectis were getting any new Star Wars in.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Forgot I posted those pictures but remember it well. Looks like it was the real deal though with this Vectis one up for grabs, who knows what it will achieve but it'll make for some interesting viewing.

Ian

80s_collector

Padawan
Andyclarke said:
Seriously amazing piece though. Just seen Tuesday 28th March for the next sale. Was beginning to wonder if Vectis were getting any new Star Wars in.

Yes an amazing lovely rare item for sure...nice talking point to start the New Year off.... it beats baggies :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I bet it tops 20k. If you think about it, a standard Kenner one is what, 10k? Now chuck a Harbert sticker on the back. That's a good chunk of change there for sure. And here's the kicker: Factor in that our US and Singaporean big spending friends find their $$$ go an extra 20% further than usual and you're looking at a big ticket item. I really wouldn't surprise me if this did 25k.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

They may save on the currency but loose on the tax and duty when bringing it in to the country you may find the foreign buyers are in the same position as us.

Is this figure a normal Kenner 12 Back VCJ with a Harbert sticker on it or is the card different in some way?

Thanks for your help

maxf

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I bet it tops 20k. If you think about it, a standard Kenner one is what, 10k? Now chuck a Harbert sticker on the back. That's a good chunk of change there for sure. And here's the kicker: Factor in that our US and Singaporean big spending friends find their $$$ go an extra 20% further than usual and you're looking at a big ticket item. I really wouldn't surprise me if this did 25k.

Nah, I dont think so. Not many VC Jawas are hitting the £10k mark ($12k give or take), unless they are mega highly graded. This is cool, but quite niche. I'd say it might hit £10k... might.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Nah, I dont think so. Not many VC Jawas are hitting the £10k mark ($12k give or take), unless they are mega highly graded. This is cool, but quite niche. I'd say it might hit £10k... might.

Really? Wow. Goes to show how hard it is to value this sort of thing. If it was a Tusken or similar I'd agree, but a VCJ is a bit like Boba: everyone wants him. Although the Harbert sticker is niche, no doubt, this is a rarity on a rarity. Look what happened to the Meccano Boba? OK, so Fett tax adds a lot but that's also a niche item. I look forward to watching what happens! If this goes for 10k I'd be tempted to sod the mortgage off for another year :D

Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

They may save on the currency but loose on the tax and duty when bringing it in to the country you may find the foreign buyers are in the same position as us.

Is this figure a normal Kenner 12 Back VCJ with a Harbert sticker on it or is the card different in some way?

Thanks for your help

Not if you have friends over here that are happy to collect it and post for you. Or, for an item of this cost it may be worth flying over to collect. I know I would.

I believe I saw someone on a FB group mention this was a 12c cardback which, they suggested, was more uncommon than the more often seen A and B backs for VCJ. I claim no knowledge about that aspect of it, just repeating what I read.

maxf

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Really? Wow. Goes to show how hard it is to value this sort of thing. If it was a Tusken or similar I'd agree, but a VCJ is a bit like Boba: everyone wants him. Although the Harbert sticker is niche, no doubt, this is a rarity on a rarity. Look what happened to the Meccano Boba? OK, so Fett tax adds a lot but that's also a niche item. I look forward to watching what happens! If this goes for 10k I'd be tempted to sod the mortgage off for another year :D

Just my opinion. I know there are a few dedicated Harbert collectors though, so this could go silly as you suggest. I wouldn't even see £10k as a bargain tbh. At the end of the day, it's a sticker variation - fans of those are fewer than I think we'd like to think.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Just my opinion. I know there are a few dedicated Harbert collectors though, so this could go silly as you suggest. I wouldn't even see £10k as a bargain tbh. At the end of the day, it's a sticker variation - fans of those are fewer than I think we'd like to think.

Come on, Max, you know there's no bargain left in the vintage SW world! :lol:

wrighty

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Forgot I posted those pictures but remember it well. Looks like it was the real deal though with this Vectis one up for grabs, who knows what it will achieve but it'll make for some interesting viewing.

Ian

Of course Ian, you started it all off. Was Justin your friend? :lol:

wrighty

Sith Lord
I am going to assume the seller wants maximum price for the item hence going through Vectis with the promotion etc etc. For something like them don't you think the price might be 20% or 30% more if graded? So to me it makes sense to get it graded and sell from there! I know there are the grading and non-grading camp, we are talking maximum profit here!!

maxf

Jedi Master
wrighty said:
I am going to assume the seller wants maximum price for the item hence going through Vectis with the promotion etc etc. For something like them don't you think the price might be 20% or 30% more if graded? So to me it makes sense to get it graded and sell from there! I know there are the grading and non-grading camp, we are talking maximum profit here!!

Yes, probably - but you've got the risk of it getting damaged in transit and massive grading fees (AFA charge based on value!), then if it gets a low grade it might put people off (wrong, I know). There is a saying about leaving a bit in for the next man - this probably applies here.

Dark vador

Padawan
I once owned a palitoy 20 back snaggletooth with such a sticker .it came from the collection of John ford that I purchased and I also saw one on ebay on an at at empire box.very nice hybrid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom