Reproduction sabers - outpost-berlin

aussiejames

Sith Lord
s-l50012.jpg

s-l50011.jpg

s-l50010.jpg

be wary these floating fakes are out there in large numbers and are not being detected.

The yellow version is listed as V4 reproduction ( on top)
Luke%20Bespin%20Saber%20V4%20Dark%20yellow%20plastic%20compare.jpg

More pictures from here:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1128898

bottom saber is the one in question
A492884E-785C-4A19-9B52-72DBF235B1CF.jpg

Where the handle meets the hilt it tapers in:

611.jpg

The end of the handgrips are very square and the injection point is on the side

16521910.jpg

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
These reproductions are getting harder and harder to spot it's great to see the work that's going in to identifying them! I'm definitely one of those collectors who uses these regularly so a big thanks from me

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Those fakes are known since years and I admit I had my doubts....maybe my yellow one is real? Then more showed up and now a blue one? Case closed....let's make a fire for my yellow one.

I still wonder why they show up now in large numbers? These used to be damn rare. As tig started I was the only one having a yellow one with this mold.....green and blue didn't even exist.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
addition: As I was one of the first having one and now these are popping up again in large numbers in Germany may lead to the conclusion they are made in Germany.....??? Aj....what's your thoughts?

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I got a yellow one year before last, Alex found a green & yellow one last year. http://www.tantivexi.com/t1737-lightsaber-mystery-different-sculpt-or-worrying-reproduction

The yellow one is actually noted as real on Jawas armoury!!
lukesbr2.jpg

& in the Japanese archive database book.

Due to distinct differences in the mould I am positive they are fakes. Luke Jedi has been a well researched figure for example ( & Luke Bespin) right down to the craziest detail matching factory codes, to figures to sabers and blasters etc. These sabers' details do not match any known MOC examples.

fake_b10.jpg

note side injection point . The blue saber is unique to HN 'Hong Kong' so quoting Wolff " if we still needed a proof that those are fake the blue one does the job. One mold to blue is original....only one. The fact that this mold exists in all three colors is the last nail to the coffin "

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
These are mine from my childhood so all original.
I've only seen photos of repros, but one main thing I've noticed is how the dots on the grip on originals are big and the recess around the dots is deep.
It's more noticeable on the blue one in my photo, but that's only due to lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_20170205_142233.jpg
    IMG_20170205_142233.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 622

Jez

Sith Lord
Threads like this are real gems for both the novice and experienced collector. Forums such as this, TIG and TXI are doing a fantastic job.
Keep it up lads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom