Header image

Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:04 am

Over the last few months Toy Toni has started selling loose accessories for ridiculous prices on eBay, no doubt having seen the idiots on Facebook fighting over them becuase they are "rare."

But interestingly he's now started selling complete loose figures too, which just happen to be exactly the same ones he was selling carded a few years ago:

toni2.png

toni.png

The Luke Bespin is exactly the same "PBP" variant he was selling on cards. I'm not sure about the Hoth Trooper, perhaps somebody else who owns one can compare.

I don't know if anybody even cares now as it's nearly 5 years since the scandal, but it was inevitable he would start shifting his left over stock sooner or later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby theforceuk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:08 am

I think I care as it reminds me not to buy anything of the con artist. :) :x
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby tobedesu » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 am

Card backs will possibly follow then?
I wonder how much stock he must be sitting on

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:56 am

I wonder if he has brought bulk overstock figures in the past. As a well known dealer he would have had the access to the sources.

Be interesting to see what comes up for sale afterwards.

Given Toni's age, and the fact he got away with it all, I wouldn't be surprised if he dumped everything and got out.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:01 pm

How can he have a 100% feedback ????? :shock:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:How can he have a 100% feedback ????? :shock:

As Toy Toni, more recently Jeff and countless other scammers have proved, selling a high percentage of legit stock gets you the reputation needed to sell fake crap.

Ross_Barr
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ross_Barr » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:07 pm

What's more interesting to ask is if he will ever sell the remaining unused card backs. Of course that would be tantamount to an admission of guilt, but at this point we all know he did it anyway. I for one would love a shot at some of them to be honest. But because of all the guy did, I would hate to buy from the guy and give him one red cent.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Agree Ross, IMO that would have been his one opportunity to do the right thing. I am personally of the opinion that he was not the only person making MOCs in the late 80s/90s, he's just the only person who's been as good as caught. Would anybody of cared back then? Not really. His real crimes are being greedy, and not confessing once caught out. If he had offered a free cardback to everyone who had bought a 'toni' off him that would have appeased a lot of people. It's also criminal that these unused cards are now lost forever as ironically they are more important and more valuable than the carded figures he was making!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 am

edd_jedi wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:How can he have a 100% feedback ????? :shock:

As Toy Toni, more recently Jeff and countless other scammers have proved, selling a high percentage of legit stock gets you the reputation needed to sell fake crap.

I am still surprised he have 165 positive from the last 12 months and 0 negative :shock: Can you get a 100% positive feedback again on ebay as a scammer if you do not get any bad feedback in 12 months ? :?

I have tried to look through all 64 pages of his feedback and no negative feedback, I do not understand it :? have he used another account on ebay to sell all this toy toni stuff ? :?

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby darth_daddius » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:11 am

edd_jedi wrote:these unused cards are now lost forever as ironically they are more important and more valuable than the carded figures he was making!

Never thought of that before. Turns out he's quite the fathead. Great point Edd.

Pat
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 am

Pomse2001 wrote:I am still surprised he have 165 positive from the last 12 months and 0 negative :shock: Can you get a 100% positive feedback again on ebay as a scammer if you do not get any bad feedback in 12 months ? :?

I have tried to look through all 64 pages of his feedback and no negative feedback, I do not understand it :? have he used another account on ebay to sell all this toy toni stuff ? :?

Toni hasn't sold any of his fakes on eBay for nearly 5 years, and when the scandal came to light he was quick to refund people who wanted refunds so there is no reason for him to have bad feedback on eBay. Everything he sells on there now is legit (if mostly outrageously expensive!)

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:51 am

It has crossed my mind a few times just to walk into his shop and give him some cash for the unused cardbacks with the promise that, 'no one needs to know who and where these came from.' Just so collectors can have the chance to own a rare and unused proof-card.

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:15 am

I have a feeling he treads carefully when he has to refill his stall at snoopers, wouldn't be surprised if its during closing time to avoid any confrontation.

I can remember talking to him hears ago when I was only a teenager and he was really not interested in star wars, just said that he sold them and knew about them but wasn't actually really bothered, this was only shortly after I'd found out about the last 17 so I was full of inthusiasm. what a dick! :(

even back then he wanted £15 each for mint loose greedo and ugnaught as I needed them but ended up trading him a load of beaters for them and a luke poncho with no accessories.
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:30 am

If he started selling his unused cardbacks, it would significantly increase the case against him and the police could get involved again. I think he knows this so he will not sell them.

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:34 am

pizzathehutt wrote:I have a feeling he treads carefully when he has to refill his stall at snoopers, wouldn't be surprised if its during closing time to avoid any confrontation.

No he's actually spotted around Brighton quite often, either in Snoopers or a nearby cafe that he hangs out in. And of course most people know his address. If anybody wanted to confront him it wouldn't be difficult.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”