Header image

Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:01 am

edd_jedi wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:I am still surprised he have 165 positive from the last 12 months and 0 negative :shock: Can you get a 100% positive feedback again on ebay as a scammer if you do not get any bad feedback in 12 months ? :?

I have tried to look through all 64 pages of his feedback and no negative feedback, I do not understand it :? have he used another account on ebay to sell all this toy toni stuff ? :?


Toni hasn't sold any of his fakes on eBay for nearly 5 years, and when the scandal came to light he was quick to refund people who wanted refunds so there is no reason for him to have bad feedback on eBay. Everything he sells on there now is legit (if mostly outrageously expensive!)


Thanks edd, I did not know that, now I understand :wink:

User avatar
wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby wrighty » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:17 am

mr_palitoy wrote:If he started selling his unused cardbacks, it would significantly increase the case against him and the police could get involved again. I think he knows this so he will not sell them.

Jason


I am sure at some stage he will sell the unused cardbacks but if he has half a brain he would use someone else to sell on his behalf or another identity or you think this will be beyond his comprehension! :D

User avatar
pizzathehutt
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: Wembley

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby pizzathehutt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:15 pm

cant believe its already been 5 years.

This man has some balls to be carrying on regardless :lol:

I wonder if any on here have actually caught up with him and confronted him face to face?

wasn't past member pigcity a regular in snoopers, I bet he had a few words with him
Collecting vintage loose figures, ships and playsets since 1982.

User avatar
mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby mr_palitoy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:36 pm

wrighty wrote:
mr_palitoy wrote:If he started selling his unused cardbacks, it would significantly increase the case against him and the police could get involved again. I think he knows this so he will not sell them.

Jason


I am sure at some stage he will sell the unused cardbacks but if he has half a brain he would use someone else to sell on his behalf or another identity or you think this will be beyond his comprehension! :D


I'd heard rumours that the police had some experience in tracing stolen goods/drugs etc back to their source. Can't imagine a few old cardbacks being that much of a challenge for them.

:)

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

User avatar
Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby Andyclarke » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Playing devil's advocate and hope I'm not throwing too bigger grenade in here, but it would appear most TT MOC have actually gone up in value in spite of the scandal. I'm not sure a lot of the arguments exist any more in terms of costing people money. What do other people think?

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby lejackal » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Andyclarke wrote:Playing devil's advocate and hope I'm not throwing too bigger grenade in here, but it would appear most TT MOC have actually gone up in value in spite of the scandal. I'm not sure a lot of the arguments exist any more in terms of costing people money. What do other people think?

TAKE COVER!!!

I suppose it depends on when the card was purchased, I don't know what these were sold for originally in the nineties and early 2000s but any purchased then must now be worth more given recent price rises. The opposite must be true of any purchased as high grade AFA examples later on.

User avatar
Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby Andyclarke » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:07 pm

lejackal wrote:
Andyclarke wrote:Playing devil's advocate and hope I'm not throwing too bigger grenade in here, but it would appear most TT MOC have actually gone up in value in spite of the scandal. I'm not sure a lot of the arguments exist any more in terms of costing people money. What do other people think?

TAKE COVER!!!

I suppose it depends on when the card was purchased, I don't know what these were sold for originally in the nineties and early 2000s but any purchased then must now be worth more given recent price rises. The opposite must be true of any purchased as high grade AFA examples later on.


Haha. Just throwing out for opinions.

Good point. Maybe anybody who purchased ungraded and held on would probably at least get their money back. He started selling graded. Maybe a lot here have lost money though I've seen AFA90 grade Fett's go recently for £1000.

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby maxf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Andyclarke wrote:
lejackal wrote:
Andyclarke wrote:Playing devil's advocate and hope I'm not throwing too bigger grenade in here, but it would appear most TT MOC have actually gone up in value in spite of the scandal. I'm not sure a lot of the arguments exist any more in terms of costing people money. What do other people think?

TAKE COVER!!!

I suppose it depends on when the card was purchased, I don't know what these were sold for originally in the nineties and early 2000s but any purchased then must now be worth more given recent price rises. The opposite must be true of any purchased as high grade AFA examples later on.


Haha. Just throwing out for opinions.

Good point. Maybe anybody who purchased ungraded and held on would probably at least get their money back. He started selling graded. Maybe a lot here have lost money though I've seen AFA90 grade Fett's go recently for £1000.


In terms of his sale price, you're right - but the damage done to aftermarket buyers, especially those who were chasing the 90 grades must still be huge.
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5740
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:36 pm

He sold them fairly cheap at the time, I can remember his Palitoy C-3PO's were £40, Luke Bespin and Snowtrooper were £60, and the German ESB figures were around £100 each.

Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby Hothrebel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:47 pm

They were cheaper in the early 90's ,the ROTJ Fetts were £65
Always looking for meccano items

User avatar
Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby Andyclarke » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:07 pm

I always felt back in the day his prices were more than reasonable for c9.5 carded figures. I wonder if there was a slither of guilt that prevented him from charging more. I know for a fact just 7 years ago Andy K paid £30 for C3POs and £40 for HSTs, £85 for Bossks and £230 for Tie Pilots in bulk. Andy is getting at least £100 each on the Jedi stuff and £150 on the Bossks despite having the disclaimer on each auction. The only ones that perhaps have gone down are the Tie Pilots, and he only charge high because he was running out of those.

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5740
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:46 pm


User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby lejackal » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 pm

edd_jedi wrote:His latest offering...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252778142186

£25-40 cheaper than Facebook at the minute

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3901
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby theforceuk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:05 pm

His trilogos are in ridiculous condition. :shock: Why does he have to be the seller. Also I've been searching Trilogos on eBay recently and these diden't show, either me or him being a muppet. :?
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Armand78
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby Armand78 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:13 am

Like I said in another post about sabres, I bought 3 sabres off him, returning 2. I wasnt sure about the 2 (non lettered), they weren't like any other in my collection. He said he got them in the late 80s with a bunch of overstock.

However, I would really love to know where people buy their Luke Farmboy sabres with tips. 30 -35 quid seems to be the minimum I can get one for.

I live in NI in a rural community so I have little to no chance of picking these up anywhere other than facebook (get snapped up in seconds) or ebay. And 30 -35 is the going rate.

If there is somewhere else then please, for the love of God, let me know!!


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests