Header image

Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

Postby edd_jedi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:37 am

Palifan wrote:And look at the price of this one :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-VINT ... SwXY5ZRV03

That would be a bargain on Facebook!

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:28 am

His description states "With tri logo style bubble" is this an admission that he put this together ?

or are these common with that type of bubble ?

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:46 am

Stubbs wrote:His description states "With tri logo style bubble" is this an admission that he put this together ?

or are these common with that type of bubble ?

Palitoys often have trilogo or trilogo style bubbles, being honest I'm not sure he would be quite stupid or greedy enough to star faking cards again as it would allow for fresh evidence to be presented to the police and then tied in with the other examples.
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:53 am

Fair one. I wouldn't trust it regardless that thing looks like it came off the production line this morning.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:07 am

Stubbs wrote:Fair one. I wouldn't trust it regardless that thing looks like it came off the production line this morning.

TT is well known for having deep stocks of some Trilogo and Palitoy cards. I bought my Trilogo pop up R2 from him and he has plenty of those knocking about. This is a legitimate card, bubble and figure combo. The Walrus Man inside is a PBP figure (made in Spain). This is the only bubble I've seen appear when this figure is on a Palitoy Jedi card. This is a great MOC and it's not unreasonably priced. I think I paid the same for mine via Vectis over 12 months ago.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Stubbs wrote:Fair one. I wouldn't trust it regardless that thing looks like it came off the production line this morning.

TT is well known for having deep stocks of some Trilogo and Palitoy cards. I bought my Trilogo pop up R2 from him and he has plenty of those knocking about. This is a legitimate card, bubble and figure combo. The Walrus Man inside is a PBP figure (made in Spain). This is the only bubble I've seen appear when this figure is on a Palitoy Jedi card. This is a great MOC and it's not unreasonably priced. I think I paid the same for mine via Vectis over 12 months ago.

Interesting information, thanks

Lunar_Jetman
New User
New User

Postby Lunar_Jetman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:53 pm

edd_jedi wrote:
Palifan wrote:And look at the price of this one :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-VINT ... SwXY5ZRV03

That would be a bargain on Facebook!

Is it just me or is that a bit of a ridiculous price for just the weapon? There's even a "you may also be interested in" link that comes up in eBay for an A-Wing pilot with his weapon for £69.99. I really don't get where that figure of £99.99 came from or is it just Toy Toni trying it on?

I used to collect a bit back in the early to mid 90s (so tend just to lurk these days!) so a lot of the prices these days shock me but it was a lot more of a niche market when I was getting my loose figure collection together!

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:22 pm

He is taking the proverbial but the one linked underneath has a fake gun so is worth even less
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:33 pm

I didn't realise these A-Wing pilot weapons were so expensive now, should have guessed as most people seem to be after this weapon to complete their figure and also it is Star Wars after all :roll:

Ian

Lunar_Jetman
New User
New User

Postby Lunar_Jetman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:02 pm

lejackal wrote:He is taking the proverbial but the one linked underneath has a fake gun so is worth even less

Ah missed the repo bit. I am struggling with some of the prices these days though! Still, my near complete set of loose figures seem to be continually going up in value!

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Lunar_Jetman wrote:
lejackal wrote:He is taking the proverbial but the one linked underneath has a fake gun so is worth even less

Ah missed the repo bit. I am struggling with some of the prices these days though! Still, my near complete set of loose figures seem to be continually going up in value!

Yep, you're looking north of £3000 depending on what's missing
"U grade for sale"

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:53 pm

I bought a TT carded Imperial Hoth Stormtrooper a few years ago from a guy who said that he bought it in the nineteens from a collectors toy shop in Amsterdam. At the time of negotiation I wasn't aware about the fact that this was a real TT, I even hadn't heard about it :roll:

I don't know if the seller was aware about the fact that he was selling a TT carded figure, I don't think so. I bought it for around 70 GBP. I had to own this one, because I like the card and the figure very much :D But hey, no regrets... 8)

P4010001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 pm

For £70 I wouldn't worry, the figure and cardback are worth that these days!

Mr. Tie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mr. Tie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:53 pm

edd_jedi wrote:For £70 I wouldn't worry, the figure and cardback are worth that these days!

Cheers mate! 8)
“Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!”

http://i.giphy.com/jpmSERAYR23YI.gif

Paliboy
New User
New User

Postby Paliboy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:32 pm

...is it possible that Toy Toni sells his fake stuff through another ebay seller with the name saber1977? Look at his ebay stuff. The backcards look a bit suspicious, don't they?

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”