Stolen Rocket Fett

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm sure some of you have seen this over on RS already, but it can't hurt having a post here too. Philip Wise (owner of Rebel Scum) has had his Rocket Fett prototype stolen. Full details here:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Stolen_Rocket_Fett_Prototype_172583.asp

If you see one for sale do let Philip know.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Sounds like it was a friend, or friend with a friend that took it apparently, as no evidence of a break in was seen.

Whoever took it, will have a very hard time shifting it on as is... even breaking it out the case and getting it re-graded will set off alarm bells.

Feel bad for Phillip for this, and hope the Fett is found soon, and the culprit heavily punished.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
bad news but as you guys write it would not be easy for the guy to sell it. Sounds to me like they know who the thief is ? :?

Darth Satan

Youngling
MarkG said:
Sounds like it was a friend, or friend with a friend that took it apparently.

Which is why one wonders exactly why all the attention-seeking is going on. A shame, for sure, but on the other hand the owner would seem to know exactly who had access to the item. Hardly a Sherlock job.

ODB

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
Surely this will be next to impossible to sell on the open market?

I doubt it was stolen to sell on the open market, more likely to be stolen to order and as such probably not going to be seen again in general collecting circles.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ODB said:
Mini99 said:
Surely this will be next to impossible to sell on the open market?

I doubt it was stolen to sell on the open market, more likely to be stolen to order and as such probably not going to be seen again in general collecting circles.

I agree if it was stolen to order or if the thief also collect star wars and keep silent then we will not see it back in the collecting circles for maybe a very long time. Let's hope it was just a jerk who will try to sell it and they find him and the boba.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
He doesn't provide much info in his statement, not even the AFA number. And he mentions it was stolen from a Star Wars museum and his workshop - is his workshop a SW museum?! Is it open to the public or was it a break in? All a bit confusing and doesn't give much to go on.

poncho

Grand Master
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/UPDATE_Stolen_Rocket_Fett_Prototype_Returned_172583.asp

It has been returned

his friend stole it....

Lindo

Sith Lord
How can he steal valuable master replica stuff and you not know he has stole it, I would know in an instance if I had something stolen, I understand he probably has loads of stuff but surely you would notice

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm assuming it's this guy, friends with lots of big collectors on FB:

carl.png

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I actually respect the fact he has admitted it and is trying to put things right. That takes balls. More than can be said for the twat who stole my collection and tried to worm and bully his way out of it.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
I don't. If I read this correctly, this was a friend who was invited into a house on trust - trust that he violated in the most obscene way. I appreciate that he's come clean (after being caught out) but that doesn't make the trust/loyalty issue right. We're not talking about some kid who had a moment of weakness, we're talking about an adult who knew what he was doing, and who displayed a complete lack of disrespect for a friendship.

You're a better man than me Edd. **** him, I say.

Pat

MarkG

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
I actually respect the fact he has admitted it and is trying to put things right. That takes balls. More than can be said for the twat who stole my collection and tried to worm and bully his way out of it.

He's only holding his hands up as he got caught...

As for your collection Edd... shame something couldn't have been done with that guy out of the laws eye.. fatal beating perhaps..

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm not condoning what he did of course, but I'd like to believe in second chances otherwise we're all ****ed!

x-pack

Grand Master
No doubt saw the upset he caused (if it is this guy) and thought better of it. Either that or he realised he'd bitten off more than he could chew. What's the point in stealing that? It's like taking the Mona Lisa. Very nice but what would you do with it once you've sat and stared at it for a while?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom