Preaching Nonsense

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Now we all have to start somewhere and I don't think it's good to belittle people who aren't very knowledgeable, but one thing that annoys me is people who think they know what they're talking about but do not. Check out this total bollocks from a seller on eBay:

Hey figure hunters! :0) (and Star Wars fans!)

Here I have an Original Luke Skywalker farmboy 1977 Star Wars figure.
This is the raised bar Return of the Jedi (ROTJ) made in China variant!

*** With the original lightsaber. Tip missing. But NOT a reproduction. Float tested and authenticated by a local Star Wars toy dealer here in Leicester.

An explanation to new comers :) The reason you see Luke Skywalker farmboy figures on ebay ranging in price so highly is because of the variant of Luke the figure is.

Some over £500 will be the original "New hope" releases. They range in price depending on condition. Figures between £200-£300 Will probably be the "Empire strikes back" variants. Which again range in price depending on condition.

The Return of the Jedi Luke farmboy figures all range between £50-£150 (depending on condition again).

This is a brief summary of why prices range.

*** I am valuing this Luke variant at £50 including Tracked and signed postage. This is due to the lightsaber inclusion! :0)

Any questions please ask! Happy figure finding guys!

- Love Funkofigs

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 21.57.12.png

lejackal

Grand Master
I assume the Leicester toy dealer was Leicester Vintage and I also assume they didn't want to give him 50 quid :lol:

indianawars

Sith Lord
Annoyingly, there seems to be this trend at the moment of people that have only been collecting for a year or two, now thinking of themselves as being the Messiah's of all collecting knowledge after watching season 1 of Toy Hunter. Clearly this is a good example of that.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets close to £50 from someone the way Luke's have been shifting.

The sales patter comes across as a bit of a waffle and quite frankly, desperate.

I just need to know about condition. That's it.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
This kind of ill-informed bullshit really winds me up. Return of the Jedi version indeed!... What a crock! Anyone can see that this is the ultra-rare Holiday Special version with triple-telescoping blue vinyl red pin-head dark brown toxic lightsaber. What a shame it's missing the tip; if present, it would have been worth all the money in circulation. As it is, it's sadly only worth half that. Mind you, just imagine what it will be worth if someone can find an original vintage pop-up metallic removable orange-haired trash compactor lowered bar Jedi Master Lobot Hoth bow-thrower to go with it! That's one accessory that's always missing (if anyone has a spare one, I'll give you two Zimbabwean dollars and some magic beans for it).

I hope someone snaps up this bargain quickly. They'll need to be quick to beat the doctor coming to section them.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
This kind of ill-informed bullshit really winds me up. Return of the Jedi version indeed!... What a crock!

the prices and other 'waffle' are ill informed- but China figures are only found on ROTJ era MOCs. And a Taiwan Luke farmboy is only SW era for example.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Are New Hope Lukes now going for £500 loose? wowzers

Can anybody tell me what to look out for difference wise between a new hope luke and an Empire one, don't want to get stung

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
aussiejames said:
Snaketibe said:
This kind of ill-informed bullshit really winds me up. Return of the Jedi version indeed!... What a crock!

the prices and other 'waffle' are ill informed- but China figures are only found on ROTJ era MOCs. And a Taiwan Luke farmboy is only SW era for example.
I believe the rest of my post might have given a clue that I was trying to come across as not knowing what I was talking about ;-)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here's another twat:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232276201229

Adding the amount of watchers to the listing, claiming he paid almost double for it, etc etc

Gaz46&2

Padawan
Some people don't half talk a load of fanny.

I'd like to say that collectors aren't stupid. However, it would seem that the intelligent ones these days are in the minority.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom