12bk help

Lindo

Sith Lord
Hi I need some help with a leia 12bk, what I need to know is did the Kenner ones ever come with a slick seal? I have just bought an afa 80 one and the seal looks slick which is worrying me slightly, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Lindo

Sith Lord
photos added
Optimized-DSC_0003.JPG
Optimized-DSC_0004.JPG
Optimized-DSC_0007.JPG
Optimized-DSC_0012.JPG
Optimized-DSC_0013.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
The fact it has the price sticker and no visible tears to indicate a reseal would point towards it being legit but I'm afraid I don't know enough about 12 backs to say yes or no with anymore certainty.

Looks lovely though.

Lindo

Sith Lord
yeh mate there is no visible damage to hint at a reseal, I know palitoy did slick seals but have never seen a kenner with one, I know it being graded presumes its legil but then again they graded toni's didn't they, I did some research and there was another thread on here from 2011 which indicates that there has been kenner 12 bk's with slick seals, was hoping someone has seen on of these in the flesh as theres so much experience on this forum

MarkG

Jedi Master
There are genuine 12bk Kenner cards out there without the waffle seal, but they are few and far between.

I'd say your perfectly safe with this one.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
My gut instinct is it's fine. Interesting that the blaster is not taped up, has it come loose or was it never taped? I've noticed 12 backs are a bit random for this.

Great addition anyway. :)

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
I wouldn't worry Lindo, I have seen a few smooth seal Kenner examples in the past.
The store sticker is extra validation if any is needed that someone like an American Toni hadn't purchased a warehouse clearance of cardbacks and bubbles.
Nah, this is absolutely fine sir 8)

Saying that, I have just returned from an away weekend in Nottingham with 3 excellent points so I will pat anyone on the back :wink:

Paul

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi Guys

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a waffle seal and a slick seal? Are there any other types of seals? Is there any where on the site that can show me a picture comparing a slick seal to waffle seal?

Thanks for your help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom