Just found this article

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/star-wars-fans-50000-memorabilia-7986619

Poor guy, thats terrible there are some scum out there.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
This must be your worst nightmare, can't imagine what he is going through.
Must look at my insurance again...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think this is so terrible for this guy, sorry to read about all this. This make me think, is it bad that we share pictures of our collections ? so a thief can see what we have on the forum and on other places and with the prices going up and up then maybe it is something the thief will go after ? :(

SOJ

Sith Lord
Lindo said:

Ditto, and given the fact he had it hidden like he did, it's probably someone fairly close to him that took it.

I recently posted a thread about how the value of my collection scares me. And this just hammers it home. If someone did this to me I'd be in pieces. Not because of the value, just what it all means to me and the hard work it's taken to put it together. I've recently moved and won't be sharing my address with anyone unless I absolutely 100% trust them. Anything I'm buying is being sent to parents address. Remember, this is a public formum so if you're posting pictures of your collection the world can see it.

yoda

Sith Lord
Nothing but scumbags who go around doing that. Its also the damage they leave behind.
I know elderly people that were broken into and now they are terrified to live in there own home. The law is way to lenient on these assholes. I remember a case where a guy injured himself during a break in and then tried to claim from the home owners insurance.

AL_Bundy

Padawan
Proper gutted for the guy, and this I why I only have a collection of loose figures and why I avoid anything too expensive.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
SOJ said:
I've recently moved and won't be sharing my address with anyone unless I absolutely 100% trust them. Anything I'm buying is being sent to parents address.

:lol: That's the spirit Dan - send the burglars round there!

yoda

Sith Lord
Lom said:
SOJ said:
I've recently moved and won't be sharing my address with anyone unless I absolutely 100% trust them. Anything I'm buying is being sent to parents address.

:lol: That's the spirit Dan - send the burglars round there!

:lol: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
yoda said:
Nothing but scumbags who go around doing that. Its also the damage they leave behind.
I know elderly people that were broken into and now they are terrified to live in there own home. The law is way to lenient on these assholes. I remember a case where a guy injured himself during a break in and then tried to claim from the home owners insurance.

Google Tony Martin :wink:

yoda

Sith Lord
weasel said:
yoda said:

Oh I remembered him alright its just I didn't know if it was suitable bring up. I think he got released a few years ago.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
yoda said:
weasel said:
yoda said:

Oh I remembered him alright its just I didn't know if it was suitable bring up. I think he got released a few years ago.

Ehh you what now? We have limits and standards as to what we can talk about on here!? :? :shock:
Have you read the worst sexual experiences thread?! (I need a throwing up emoticon here Edd!)

stormcab

Sith Lord
People have to be super careful with social media, that's why I find it weird how people actually respond to posts like "what's the jewel in your collection?" or "your home is about to burn down, what one piece do you grab?", particularly on Facebook where you real name and home town are right there for everyone to see. A thief can sit back with a cup of tea and take note of 100s of people with £10k VCJ, or foreign pieces just as valuable. Then waits for them to slip up with another vital peace of info.

Even if I'm popping to the cinema for 2 hours or something, I won't broadcast "off to watch...." as someone out there will know they have at least a 2 hour window (pardon the pun).

Get a webcam, get insurance, take hi-res photos that show off identifiable marks on your pieces, be careful what you tell people.

As my Uncle used to tell me, although I'm guilty of not fully adhering to it - don't tell anyone anything they don't need to know.

yoda

Sith Lord
weasel said:
yoda said:
weasel said:

Ehh you what now? We have limits and standards as to what we can talk about on here!? :? :shock:
Have you read the worst sexual experiences thread?! (I need a throwing up emoticon here Edd!)

**** me Weasel why did you have to tell me about that thread! I dread now what I am going to read. :lol: :lol: I don't think I'll make a comment on the thread I'll just read it.

Mocman

Youngling
An absolutely terrible thing to happen. My sympathies to the victim. The culprit must have known where the collection was stored/hidden. Start there to determine who knew. Remember the old wartime slogan, "loose lips sink ships ". I hop he recovers his collection.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
yoda said:
weasel said:
yoda said:

**** me Weasel why did you have to tell me about that thread! I dread now what I am going to read. :lol: :lol: I don't think I'll make a comment on the thread I'll just read it.

You'll have a different opinion of Lee Gray and Gary Smith that's for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom