Know Thy Enemy

lejackal

Grand Master
So I saw a similar post on Facebook and thought I'd recreate it here using my bag of ****....

We've all seen it, sellers including a picture of the weapon floating in order to demonstrate it as being original
WP_20170221_21_54_01_Rich.jpg

Well don't be fooled and always check what you receive as it may not be what you're expecting
WP_20170221_21_54_33_Rich.jpg

Always do the float and drop tests, always reference http://www.imperialgunnery.com and never be afraid to ask for advice or challenge the seller.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I agree, always do the water test, always use a weapon guide, compare with other original weapons and do not be afraid to ask. Some of the new repro float have I heard but I still think it is a great idea to use the water test first, it will still remove some repro weapons.

lejackal

Grand Master
All the weapons in my pics are repros, if you place them carefully you can make them all float, you need to remember to submerge them. Also they all feel wrong, the plastic is too hard for a start, as well as generally being too shiny.

Armand78

Padawan
Not sure if this is frowned upon but i deliberately bought repros back in mid noughties - they live in a repro bag - its way more re-assuring when you have them to compare originals against.

In fact, only last week I bought a re-valveIt luke sabre - (as i had a few sabres that I was questioning), I was frightened at how similar it was to the real thing. Knowledge is power but I sent the questionable ones back (to Toy Toni!!).

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Armand78 said:
Not sure if this is frowned upon but i deliberately bought repros back in mid noughties - they live in a repro bag - its way more re-assuring when you have them to compare originals against.

In fact, only last week I bought a re-valveIt luke sabre - (as i had a few sabres that I was questioning), I was frightened at how similar it was to the real thing. Knowledge is power but I sent the questionable ones back (to Toy Toni!!).

Are those the same sabres he's been advertising on selling on eBay? He seems to have an inexhaustible supply which, despite being the king of overstock is surprising. I though they were, perhaps, the leftovers from the messed up Trilogo Luke's that's had half filled sabre holes and ended up being packaged with Bespin sabres.

Armand78

Padawan
Yeah, when I questioned them, he said he got them in the late 80s as overstock. But like I say they didn't seem like any I had so I returned them. Couldn't take the chance on them as I am almost 100% certain my other sabres are genuine as they look right, have letteres/dots on the hilt or in the case of my Taiwan Sabre it's like elastic!!

But I have been keeping an eye on his stock. I'm sure you'll see my returned sabres up again soon. In fairness they could well be genuine .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom