Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 33 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 33 LAUNCHED

Postby Stuart Skinner » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:58 pm

facebook33.jpg

The Vintage Rebellion return with another 5 hour epic and are joined by the delightful Amy Sjoberg to discuss amongst many other things, her love affair of Ewoks.  Keeping on the topic of Ewoks, Pete welcomes Scott Haddow onto Market to look at the MOCwoks as they talk the Ewok MOC Market. 

This months Beyond The Toys is for every Original Trilogy fanatic.  Jamie Benning comes on the show to discuss his filmumentaries project.  An original concept that merges film with documentary, a fresh reinvention of immersive 'making of' storytelling.

Richard welcomes GW Acrylic UK dealer, Jamie Brown onto this months Rebel Briefings as they discuss the new product line they are offering.  Rebel Briefings also brings us an update on Baggiegate as well as a feel good story after a collector completed a run in the most unexpected way through the generosity of a stranger.

Newest Acquisitions is full of more amazing purchases as Jez walks us through some amazing items, from a Kenner/Palitoy Zuckuss through to a Darth vader Speakerphone.  Whilst Jez sells the Tantive XI forum in a passionate manner.

All this plus much more, makes this another show you'd be crazy to miss.

Enjoy the show!!!

Listen at http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

laurencedyer
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 33 LAUNCHED

Postby laurencedyer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Can't see it on Podbean.
My grandfather Designed Palitoy's Finished Goods warehouse - read my research here.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27216

laurencedyer
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby laurencedyer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 pm

All sorted now.
I'll put it down to user error this time :roll:
My grandfather Designed Palitoy's Finished Goods warehouse - read my research here.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27216

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Shit I haven't finished the last one yet!

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Downloaded ready for the road trip to Wembley tonight :D
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Thanks for another great episode, guys.

Regarding the Palitoy stickered Ackbar offer cards: I remember them being very common at the time. Many of my schoolfriends sent away for their free Ackbar and, as far as I know, there were no flyers or press adverts like other offers. So, those stickered cards were the only way of knowing about the promotion.

As a loose cardback collector, I've seen a fair few - often with the nameplate removed for obvious reasons. I have two in my collection at the moment, namely Black Bespin Guard and Zuckuss.

The one that's quite elusive is the ESB display arena offer with a Pali sticker. I don't recall them from back in the day and, in all my time of eyeing up cardbacks, I've only seen a couple of examples.

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:54 am

Downloaded and ready to lads! As always I'll look forward to u guys getting me through the day with not just lots of banter and vintage chat but some good info ! A real education every time for me ,listening to u guys and your fantastic interviews.
Cheers, Ricky ⚒coyi⚒
"I feed the Pigeons, I sum times feed the Sparra's too...." Blur-Parklife

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:12 am

Cracking stuff again lads, enjoyed the interview with Jamie. Good to hear forum members helping to make a success in the hobby.

Listening to the second half today :)

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 am

Will download and start listening this weekend.

:-)

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Ross_Barr
Regular
Regular

Postby Ross_Barr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:44 pm

I can't wait to hang out naked on my front lawn and listen to the show while doing jumping jacks.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Ross_Barr wrote:I can't wait to hang out naked on my front lawn and listen to the show while doing jumping jacks.

I'm with you Ross, I just listened to the first 20 mins whilst taking a bath.

Star Wars IV: A Nude Hope.

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby walkie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:34 am

Glad you got Jambe Davdar on talking about his documentaries. I've been trying to push these onto the midlands boys since Celebration last year having been a fan of them since their original release.

For anybody that hasn't seen them, oh boy your missing out as these give lucasfilm a good run for their money!!!
Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

Visit My Vintage Paperwork Limelight Click Me!
The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:30 am

About 2/3rd of the way through.

Jez/Grant were asking me about Palitoy sticker variations.

The current palitoy guide just says this:-

There are 4 Kenner cards which come with Palitoy stickers applied to them. These are not counted as Palitoy card variations.

Kenner 45A back. This one is incredibly rare and only a couple of known examples have surfaced.

45_kenner.jpg

Kenner 47A back. This was the rarest until the 45A back above came along.

47_kenner.jpg

Kenner 48B back. This is the same as the Kenner 48C back but is has a sticker on the front and back with the Kenner special offer on it. The Palitoy black sticker then goes over the Kenner on the back of the card. These are less common than the Kenner 48C back. Picture in my group shot below.

Kenner 48C back. A few more of these than the 47A back.

48_kenner.jpg

Kenner 48D back. By far the most common sticker to be found.

65_kenner.jpg

I think I'll look at expanding the guide to give these Palitoy stickers there own sub page and we'll put a matrix together for it.

The matrix codes will be KPS45A, KPS47A, KPS48B, KPS48C and KPS48D for Kenner Palitoy Sticker.

Will have an initial stab at the entries for this and then ask for submissions. Maybe we could make it a segment on the podcast? Could also talk about the recent exapansion to cover German/Clipper ESB cards made in Coaville and the full Toy Toni matrix too that I did in December. Let me know.

cheers Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mr_palitoy on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 am

And on FKS sticker albums, the only football sticker album of note was the one for Argentina 78:-

fks78alb010001.JPG

I still have my childhood one of these. This was a big thing up in Scotland as it was the world cup where England failed to qualify. All the kids at school were collecting these up North. I took my Scotland ones out for 'safe keeping' when I was a kid and have subsequently lost the lot. Still, at least we qualified...

:lol:

Jason

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:26 pm

I'd love a segment on Palitoy stickered Kenner goods including the boxed toys too, Jason. I've got a solid Tauntaun and Ewok Glider ( which I understand are relatively common ).

I'm really surprised the Ackbar stickers aren't common. I remember them being everywhere back in the day.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”