Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 33 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 33 LAUNCHED

Postby spoons » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Ta - I'm after a sealed one!
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

AndyPreston
New User
New User

Postby AndyPreston » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Here's my two carded 48 backs with the black Palitoy stickers...

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

I particularly like the Zuckuss as it's one of the only ways to get this figure on a 'Palitoy' ESB cardback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Empire carded Dengar, Leia Hoth, and Snowtrooper. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

AndyPreston
New User
New User

Postby AndyPreston » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:31 pm

I've also got a few bootleg ceramics. Here's the Chewie and Vader (two variants, the one in the middle is a little shorter and has a white sabre) money boxes that Grant was talking about in the interview with Amy. These are the ones that appear to be modelled on the HCF pencil tops, which themselves are modelled after the action figures, and I assume are of UK origin.

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

I also have a couple of mugs featuring R2 and 3PO, no idea what the origin of these might be. Both have the number 267 on the bottom.

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

The other thing I've got, but can't find for now, is a Vader head and shoulders, a bit smaller than the Vader carry case but similar proportions, which can have a bulb inside to use as a light shade. I'll post a pic if I can find one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Empire carded Dengar, Leia Hoth, and Snowtrooper. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:10 pm

The bootleg ceramics are excellent and based on the pen toppers. Fantastic :lol:
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:33 am

AndyPreston wrote:Here's my two carded 48 backs with the black Palitoy stickers...

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

I particularly like the Zuckuss as it's one of the only ways to get this figure on a 'Palitoy' ESB cardback.

Got these on the matrix already thanks!

Cheers Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:36 am

Got the image prep and matrix ready for this now. Will try and get it on the website today. Will put some posts out on the forums and fb groups requesting new submissions when it's all ready.

Cheers Jason

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Palitoy Cardback guide has been updated and request for new entries to the matrix has been made on a a new thread:-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33131

cheers Jason

Commander Clint
Regular
Regular

Postby Commander Clint » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Those ceramic coin banks are fantastic. Loved the entire show.

Thanks again for the Tantive shout out from the podcast boys.

Darth Bobby
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Darth Bobby » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Another great show, loved the Filmumetaries feature. You can tell a lot of love and hard work has gone into his films. Also good to hear some love for those pesky Ewoks.
Another great market watch, Pete going full throttle into that Star Wars Market Ewok Top 5. I only hope that if Top of the Pops ever comes back he's considered for the top 40 rundown.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Great listen guys and has kept me company on a 950 mile round trip to Scotland!

Filmumentaries has encouraged me to seek them out. I found the Empire one on youtube and watched it - really good.

Jamie, if you're looking at comments then very well done! My only feedback to you would be please do an update 2.0 version incorporating the material that has since been unearthed from the blu ray sets, etc. I will try and find the SW and ROTJ ones to watch too.

Amy's interview was good to listen as well, we don't get too many female collectors so really great to hear her take on the hobby and she clearly knew her stuff.

AndyPreston
New User
New User

Postby AndyPreston » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Here's my bootleg ceramic Vader, bit of a strange looking chap! I think it's designed to have a light inside, as the eyes and chestplate have openings in them. Without measuring, I'd guess it's about 30cm tall.

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Another great instalment, guys. Loved all the interviews and as has been said, great to hear a non-bloke in a full interview! Looking forward to #34.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”