THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 33 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
facebook33.jpg

The Vintage Rebellion return with another 5 hour epic and are joined by the delightful Amy Sjoberg to discuss amongst many other things, her love affair of Ewoks.  Keeping on the topic of Ewoks, Pete welcomes Scott Haddow onto Market to look at the MOCwoks as they talk the Ewok MOC Market. 

This months Beyond The Toys is for every Original Trilogy fanatic.  Jamie Benning comes on the show to discuss his filmumentaries project.  An original concept that merges film with documentary, a fresh reinvention of immersive 'making of' storytelling.

Richard welcomes GW Acrylic UK dealer, Jamie Brown onto this months Rebel Briefings as they discuss the new product line they are offering.  Rebel Briefings also brings us an update on Baggiegate as well as a feel good story after a collector completed a run in the most unexpected way through the generosity of a stranger.

Newest Acquisitions is full of more amazing purchases as Jez walks us through some amazing items, from a Kenner/Palitoy Zuckuss through to a Darth vader Speakerphone.  Whilst Jez sells the Tantive XI forum in a passionate manner.

All this plus much more, makes this another show you'd be crazy to miss.

Enjoy the show!!!

Listen at http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks for another great episode, guys.

Regarding the Palitoy stickered Ackbar offer cards: I remember them being very common at the time. Many of my schoolfriends sent away for their free Ackbar and, as far as I know, there were no flyers or press adverts like other offers. So, those stickered cards were the only way of knowing about the promotion.

As a loose cardback collector, I've seen a fair few - often with the nameplate removed for obvious reasons. I have two in my collection at the moment, namely Black Bespin Guard and Zuckuss.

The one that's quite elusive is the ESB display arena offer with a Pali sticker. I don't recall them from back in the day and, in all my time of eyeing up cardbacks, I've only seen a couple of examples.

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Downloaded and ready to lads! As always I'll look forward to u guys getting me through the day with not just lots of banter and vintage chat but some good info ! A real education every time for me ,listening to u guys and your fantastic interviews.
Cheers, Ricky ⚒coyi⚒

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Cracking stuff again lads, enjoyed the interview with Jamie. Good to hear forum members helping to make a success in the hobby.

Listening to the second half today :)

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
I can't wait to hang out naked on my front lawn and listen to the show while doing jumping jacks.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Ross_Barr said:
I can't wait to hang out naked on my front lawn and listen to the show while doing jumping jacks.

I'm with you Ross, I just listened to the first 20 mins whilst taking a bath.

Star Wars IV: A Nude Hope.

walkie

Sith Lord
Glad you got Jambe Davdar on talking about his documentaries. I've been trying to push these onto the midlands boys since Celebration last year having been a fan of them since their original release.

For anybody that hasn't seen them, oh boy your missing out as these give lucasfilm a good run for their money!!!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
About 2/3rd of the way through.

Jez/Grant were asking me about Palitoy sticker variations.

The current palitoy guide just says this:-

There are 4 Kenner cards which come with Palitoy stickers applied to them. These are not counted as Palitoy card variations.

Kenner 45A back. This one is incredibly rare and only a couple of known examples have surfaced.

45_kenner.jpg

Kenner 47A back. This was the rarest until the 45A back above came along.

47_kenner.jpg

Kenner 48B back. This is the same as the Kenner 48C back but is has a sticker on the front and back with the Kenner special offer on it. The Palitoy black sticker then goes over the Kenner on the back of the card. These are less common than the Kenner 48C back. Picture in my group shot below.

Kenner 48C back. A few more of these than the 47A back.

48_kenner.jpg

Kenner 48D back. By far the most common sticker to be found.

65_kenner.jpg

I think I'll look at expanding the guide to give these Palitoy stickers there own sub page and we'll put a matrix together for it.

The matrix codes will be KPS45A, KPS47A, KPS48B, KPS48C and KPS48D for Kenner Palitoy Sticker.

Will have an initial stab at the entries for this and then ask for submissions. Maybe we could make it a segment on the podcast? Could also talk about the recent exapansion to cover German/Clipper ESB cards made in Coaville and the full Toy Toni matrix too that I did in December. Let me know.

cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
And on FKS sticker albums, the only football sticker album of note was the one for Argentina 78:-

fks78alb010001.JPG

I still have my childhood one of these. This was a big thing up in Scotland as it was the world cup where England failed to qualify. All the kids at school were collecting these up North. I took my Scotland ones out for 'safe keeping' when I was a kid and have subsequently lost the lot. Still, at least we qualified...

:lol:

Jason

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'd love a segment on Palitoy stickered Kenner goods including the boxed toys too, Jason. I've got a solid Tauntaun and Ewok Glider ( which I understand are relatively common ).

I'm really surprised the Ackbar stickers aren't common. I remember them being everywhere back in the day.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
A new sticker variation found! KPS48B with double Kenner and Palitoy stickers on it. See the bespin security black in the group photo above!

Jason

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've got an Artoo Senserscope with a 4LOM offer sticker, Jason.

And another example of the double stickered Black Bespin Guard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom