How much is a Palitoy 20 Back Set Worth?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

How much would you expect to pay for a high grade (85) Palitoy 20 back set in today's market?

Thanks for your help.

Palitoyman

Padawan
I would say a fair bit over £10k, nearer £15k, I have a full set of Palitoy 20 Backs, all graded to 85, I recently re-valued them due to their rarity, you just don't seem to see many at all nowadays, I had my graded Power Droid (AFA 85), valued at £3000 but after speaking to a good friend of mine said it would command at least £5000 as he doesn't know of any other Power Droid graded to that level.

If you add on to that a Death Star Droid, which you hardly ever see, say £3000, that puts it up to £8k for two, throw in an AFA 85 Greedo and you are well over £10k!!!

I personally think that the Palitoy 20 back run is becoming increasingly hard to complete, even the so called 'easier' ones, R5-D4, Snaggletooth and Luke X-wing are demanding high prices, nowadays a great complete run to have!!!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
So you are saying the Power Droid is the rarest then the Death Star Droid and then Greedo, how would you rank the others in order of rarity and value.

If it was a nice ungraded set how much of a difference would that make to the price?

jayums

Jedi Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
So you are saying the Power Droid is the rarest then the Death Star Droid and then Greedo, how would you rank the others in order of rarity and value.

If it was a nice ungraded set how much of a difference would that make to the price?

They're worth whatever someone is prepared to sell them for + whatever extra they think you will pay over the top of that.

Next question.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
jayums said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

They're worth whatever someone is prepared to sell them for + whatever extra they think you will pay over the top of that.

Next question.

Helpful Answer!

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Palitoyman said:
I would say a fair bit over £10k, nearer £15k, I have a full set of Palitoy 20 Backs, all graded to 85, I recently re-valued them due to their rarity, you just don't seem to see many at all nowadays, I had my graded Power Droid (AFA 85), valued at £3000 but after speaking to a good friend of mine said it would command at least £5000 as he doesn't know of any other Power Droid graded to that level.

If you add on to that a Death Star Droid, which you hardly ever see, say £3000, that puts it up to £8k for two, throw in an AFA 85 Greedo and you are well over £10k!!!

I personally think that the Palitoy 20 back run is becoming increasingly hard to complete, even the so called 'easier' ones, R5-D4, Snaggletooth and Luke X-wing are demanding high prices, nowadays a great complete run to have!!!

I'm afraid we're gonna have to see pictures, or else I'm not quite sure I believe you :wink:

jayums

Jedi Master
Sparky P said:
Palitoyman said:

I'm afraid we're gonna have to see pictures, or else I'm not quite sure I believe you :wink:

Haha! I recently revalued my entire collection and have now decided they are worth ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Palitoyman

Padawan
Yes, I would certainly say the Power Droid is the most sought after and rarest, I know quite a few people who need it to complete their run of Palitoy 20 Backs, Death Star Droid in my opinion would be next but the others with the exception of Luke X-Wing seldom become available nowadays.

There should be a difference in price between graded and non-graded but it is down to the collector, some prefer ungraded and some prefer graded, but AFA 85's do command a lot of money, I have posted my 20 backs on here before, it was some time ago, but members on here have seen my 20 back run, I will try and find it on the showcase section though.

A graded set would easily fetch £15k or more in my opinion, the Palitoy market is pretty unique.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Palitoyman said:
Yes, I would certainly say the Power Droid is the most sought after and rarest, I know quite a few people who need it to complete their run of Palitoy 20 Backs, Death Star Droid in my opinion would be next but the others with the exception of Luke X-Wing seldom become available nowadays.

There should be a difference in price between graded and non-graded but it is down to the collector, some prefer ungraded and some prefer graded, but AFA 85's do command a lot of money, I have posted my 20 backs on here before, it was some time ago, but members on here have seen my 20 back run, I will try and find it on the showcase section though.

A graded set would easily fetch £15k or more in my opinion, the Palitoy market is pretty unique.

Apologies, I've found it. Cheers.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15343

Palitoyman

Padawan
The 12 backs are minus the vinyl cape Jawa and I've upgraded a couple, the 20 backs are the same though, all nice 85's.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Palitoyman said:
The 12 backs are minus the vinyl cape Jawa and I've upgraded a couple, the 20 backs are the same though, all nice 85's.

All beauties mate. Something to aspire to.....

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palitoyman said:

The link above shows your 20 back collection with a Vinyl Jawa and what I presume was a Large Head Han.

Palitoyman

Padawan
Hi Steve, all star wars collectors have regrets but with regard to the VCJ, sometimes I suppose, but generally, no, it funded a brand new Audi S3 which sounds crazy but rare Palitoys are worth a fortune as you know.

Yes, I have both Hans, Large Head and Small head, both AFA 85, how much do think a Large Head Han Solo would go for nowadays, I haven't seen one for ages, think there are only about 4 known, not sure how many of those are graded.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palitoyman said:
Hi Steve, all star wars collectors have regrets but with regard to the VCJ, sometimes I suppose, but generally, no, it funded a brand new Audi S3 which sounds crazy but rare Palitoys are worth a fortune as you know.

Yes, I have both Hans, Large Head and Small head, both AFA 85, how much do think a Large Head Han Solo would go for nowadays, I haven't seen one for ages, think there are only about 4 known, not sure how many of those are graded.

Sorry I didn't realise you had sold your VCJ, it must be difficult to sell something that is nearly impossible to replace even if for a good reason.

I have no idea what a large head Han goes for these days but I presume it is a sellers market.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom