Display Room Ideas

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I have quite a few carded figures which are currently stored in cardboard boxes so I am hoping to turn one of the rooms in my house into a display room. I was looking for some ideas and suggestions of how best to display the figures. If possible could you provide me with some pictures of how you currently display your collection (a picture paints a thousand words).

Thanks for your help

Anthony

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Lom said:
It'll be worth hitting the 'Vintage Showcase' section.

Thanks, that sounds like a plan.

I am more interested in the way collectors have chosen to display thier collection rather than the actual pieces in the collection but I guess I will see both in the Vintage Showcase.

Thanks for your help.

Jez

Sith Lord
Ikea Detolf cabinets are a great way to display Ralph, as you have plenty of room inside, can get double up shelf kits and they are readily available if you decide you need a 3rd, ok now a 4th, alright i think we can fit in a 5th...and before you know it you have 7 Detolf cabinets and your laughing :D

jayums

Jedi Master
Jez said:
Ikea Detolf cabinets are a great way to display Ralph, as you have plenty of room inside, can get double up shelf kits and they are readily available if you decide you need a 3rd, ok now a 4th, alright i think we can fit in a 5th...and before you know it you have 7 Detolf cabinets and your laughing :D

Laughing and also broke :lol:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Perspex shelving with a lip is perfect for mocs. Loose stuff works really well in cabinets (as well as mocs).

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Cazza said:
Perspex shelving with a lip is perfect for mocs. Loose stuff works really well in cabinets (as well as mocs).

I have heard some people display Carded figures flat or on an angle to take any stress off the bubble, do you think this is neccessary?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Jez said:

Thanks for your help I will take a look at those cabinets

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Cazza said:

I have heard some people display Carded figures flat or on an angle to take any stress off the bubble, do you think this is neccessary?

No sure it's a great display thou !

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
steve obi wan said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Cazza said:

No sure it's a great display thou !

I thought that as well, I just panicked a bit after I read a post on Rebel Scum about bubbles lifting off cards.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I would definitely recommend a cabinet of some kind, with glass doors. Whether it be a Detolf or something else. It keeps it all cleaner and dust free than hanging on the wall or sitting them on a shelf. I've got a big sturdy wooden cabinet from Ikea with deep shelves. I take everything out and give it a little clean and dust about once a year. If you are only displaying Mocs have a look at the Billy bookcase from Ikea - it's fairly cheap, has shallower shelves and you can get glass shelves and doors for it if you want.

image.jpg

Jez

Sith Lord
I miss my 7 :cry:

At least i still have some though :D
I don't think you can go wrong with the Ikea ones. I'm pro Detolf but the Billy is also a very good shout.

Always loads of them on ebay. All of mine were second hand and cheap, like the budgie.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
The Detolfs look fantastic Jez, I like a line of them along a wall as you did. You can see so much in them with all the glass and they really suit a collection room. They wouldn't work for me right now having two kids under 5 and no specific collection room. My cabinet's in the corner of the lounge so it blends in quite nice having the glass doors and another one full of books etc next to it. It's interesting how people display to suit their property and life. I like those industrial looking Ikea ones like Riflesmile has, look superb. In the future I'd like something Detolf like with lots of glass all lit up.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Jez said:

Jez, have you got any links to the double up shelf kits for the Detolf ?

Jez

Sith Lord
No worries: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shelf-brackets-for-IKEA-DETOLF-add-extra-shelves-/201835479338?hash=item2efe55012a:g:SGQAAOSwmLlYBWWq

My one had been welded by the previous owner. I think there might be a few types flogged on the Facebook groups as well.

You can get glass cut to size at local framers which will be of a thick enough gauge to hold Star Wars figures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom