Is eBay Feedback Worth a Damn?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Is eBay feedback actually worth anything? I have to ask because here's a link to an auction from a seller with 100% positive feedback. All his previous customers seem happy with their dealings with him, and yet he then lists this pile of bullshit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-STAR-WARS-kenner-BOBA-FETT-Carded-21b-Back-1978-MOC-/292044345945?hash=item43ff331259:g:GZ0AAOSwdGFYuahb

The seller has some balls alright (or perhaps is simply too stupid for words), as his description alleges (in poor English):

"Vintage STAR WARS kenner BOBA FETT Carded 21b Back - 1978 MOC
*****UNIQUE****** NO FOOTER*****PLEASE READ*****

Geniune factory sealed vintage star wars 21 back Boba Fett action figure.
Card is bright and flat with hardly any edgeware.
Blister has been pulled away at the top but the figure cannot be removed, the gun is still inside with the original tape on it.
This figure is usually packaged with a cardboard footer but this one does not have it and there is no way it could have been removed.
This is a genuine opertunity to grab this super rare item, if you wish to view or pick up in person thats fine, please feel free to ask sensible questions."

And yet he happily provides multiple photos which clearly show the figure to not only have been very obviously opened and resealed at some point, but to have been done so extremely poorly. And the cheeky bastard is trying to extort £1,500 for it! :evil:

I hope no-one's stupid enough to buy this :roll:, but how the hell has the seller managed to acquire 100% positive feedback with antics like this? Or are we supposed to believe he genuinely can't tell the blister's been all but ripped off the card at some point, the figure and footer removed, and then a figure replaced and the card poorly resealed; so poorly it appears to be coming open again?

I'm genuinely struggling to understand how an honest seller could make such a massive mistake, or if he is dodgy, how he could maintain perfect feedback. Something seems very wrong here...

Lindo

Sith Lord
yeh I saw that mate, how the **** is that a sealed moc, oh I forgot he also says its rare cause it has no footer when sealed at the factory, no you idiot it fell out the huge ****ing hole at the top, anyway on the original question of does feedback mean anything ? personally I don't think it makes that much difference.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Feedback should mean something, however, its built one-by-one and not always a true indication of the sellers complete reputation.
TT gets by with 100% feedback and I'm sure the majority on here would not touch his stuff.

That particular figure listing is a disgrace.
I'm not sure of his previous/current other items for sale but would steer clear of him on that item alone.

So, no, maybe great feedback isn't always a clear indication of a seller.

apack7229

Sith Lord
I wonder how bad the seal is at the bottom that he doesn't show it when he shows how far the bubbles been pulled down. :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom