Header image

-what's a true holy grail...

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
sith-smith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: -what's a true holy grail...

Postby sith-smith » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm

As far as I'm concerned a true holy grail is whatever piece you want most, for whatever personal reasons you have for wanting it.

Like the other classic 'mega rare' grail gets thrown about a lot. This is or that is the holy grail of star wars collectors etc...

Bull!

who is anyone to tell me what the holy grail is for me a star wars collector!?

Anything piece can be a grail to anyone at any time. And good luck to them on their hunt for it!
martial arts, death, killing stuff......crazy fucking ninja.

MY FEEDBACK

Cardbackkid
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Cardbackkid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 pm

sith-smith wrote:As far as I'm concerned a true holy grail is whatever piece you want most, for whatever personal reasons you have for wanting it.

Like the other classic 'mega rare' grail gets thrown about a lot. This is or that is the holy grail of star wars collectors etc...

Bull!

Anything piece can be a grail to anyone at any time. And good luck to them on their hunt for it!

Great answer.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm

sith-smith wrote:As far as I'm concerned a true holy grail is whatever piece you want most, for whatever personal reasons you have for wanting it.

Bull!

Hope you don't mind me asking but what's your Grail?
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:26 pm

My grail would be a recognisable screen used item from the original trilogy, something the average man in the street would recognise as being from Star Wars. Can't see myself ever affording to buy something like that, but I can dream!
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Empire carded Dengar and Leia Hoth. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:46 pm

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:

Bull!

Hope you don't mind me asking but what's your Grail?

An extension to get all his grails in! :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:13 pm

AndyPreston wrote:My grail would be a recognisable screen used item from the original trilogy, something the average man in the street would recognise as being from Star Wars. Can't see myself ever affording to buy something like that, but I can dream!

I'll go with that - a screen used at-at or star destroyer model would probably be my grail, or perhaps the probot.

In terms of toys... A full run from clay to production for one of the vintage figures.
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 pm

AndyPreston wrote:My grail would be a recognisable screen used item from the original trilogy, something the average man in the street would recognise as being from Star Wars. Can't see myself ever affording to buy something like that, but I can dream!

Around 15-16 years ago I remember seeing a screen used lightsaber (I think it was Luke's) for sale on Ebay being sold by Lucas Films or one of the Lucas Companies together with COA and I think it went for $25,000. I wouldn't like to think what it would go for now! I guess items like that really are grail items as I have never seen one for sale since.

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hothrebel » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:11 am

This has got to be up there and today's the day!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Always looking for meccano items

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 am

Awesome item and I think a Holy Grail for many collectors if they could be lucky to get one 8)

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Hothrebel wrote:This has got to be up there and today's the day!!!

Did it do as well as you thought it would?

Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hothrebel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:49 am

With it being an open auction,it found its value on the day.It was bought by a very respected collector and as far as I'm aware he is very happy with his purchase.There are quite a few differing views on this item especially around its value.Did it achieve what I expected? To be honest due to the rarity I had no real idea what the final price was going to be .At the end of the day Vectis don't set the prices ,its down to the collectors (that bid) who set the price.
Always looking for meccano items

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:55 am

I get its rarity but isnt a grail piece for me... although I do have a loose but more luck than judgment as I had him as a kid. I have a few that I ultimately want... the first 12 moc ideally whikst not a crazy grail would make me feel happy owning them :D

Gaz46&2
Regular
Regular

Postby Gaz46&2 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:03 am

A time machine so I could go back to 1977.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:29 am

That Jawa is certainly a grail in my book. :shock:

Very nice.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby wrighty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Hothrebel wrote:With it being an open auction,it found its value on the day.It was bought by a very respected collector and as far as I'm aware he is very happy with his purchase.There are quite a few differing views on this item especially around its value.Did it achieve what I expected? To be honest due to the rarity I had no real idea what the final price was going to be .At the end of the day Vectis don't set the prices ,its down to the collectors (that bid) who set the price.

Are you saying this piece has remained in the UK? That's great if so!! :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”