Header image

Great just fucking great

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Great just fucking great

Postby Lom » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Is this that Orme cunt again?
Sith happens.....

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Frunkstar wrote:
SAVORY100 wrote:Great!
I'm missing one of the two catalogues in one of my three POPYs, currently I have a purposely poor photocopy rather than a gap in my GW case... Doubt I'll trust replacing that now these exist... :cry:

One of the guys I know in the baggie group had some available for sale,I can ask if he still has them if you wish, they were not cheap mind

Cheers Frank - that would be helpful, a trusted source is definitely required! :D
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Yes it's Orme. Tried to get the community to do something which hurt but only me + 1 other bothered.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

momike
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby momike » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Sold five of them yesterday alone......not good :(

naughtyjedi
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby naughtyjedi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:22 pm

as Richard says, either the community comes together and does something, or we just bitch about him and fucknuggets give him money.

I still cant understand why people moan about the reason they use repros is due to the price, yet give him 40, 50, 60+ for shit. These people IMO are ill. Just take your repros from your toilet bowl, you'll still not have a star wars collection so may as well use your own faeces and save yourself cash.

mumbo
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mumbo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Richard_H wrote:Yes it's Orme. Tried to get the community to do something which hurt but only me + 1 other bothered.

What was the plan?
If its Luke Jedi then I'm interested, vintage or modern.

My feedback - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13324

My Focus collection - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14401

robpmarsh
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby robpmarsh » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:28 pm

elcroz wrote:Hasbro, Disney/LFL won't do anything about this? The copyright on vintage toys has already expired?

Cannot understand this as it's still an IP infringement. You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.
Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold!

my Swfuk feedback: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21776

My Leia Hoth focus:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30198

threaders20
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby threaders20 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Although I don't collect poppy stuff I do worry about repro stuff and how it will affect the future of vintage starwars. I have a really big collection and I worry that the repro stuff will get so good in the future that you might be hard pushed to tell the difference :( it's mainly weapons but I've now seen reproductions of figures most commonly yak and blue snag but I've seen ev9d9 and imperial gunner too.
I've also had a few repro weapons that float like a Jawa blaster I had and a black endor blaster. It is really annoying when you find them in your collection and it does put you off. How new collectors get on I don't know. I have seen one or two other collectors on other sites openly admit to buying repro stuff due to the high prices at the moment but only those two have admitted to it and the echo base site won't allow repro, reseals or toy Toni's.
What to do about it? That's the main issue. I don't know how many members are on here but echo base on Facebook has over 11,000 members and it's only been running for 8 months. Surely if everyone on there and on here sent emails each week to the main repro dealers on eBay just asking random questions about the product with no intentions to buy anything that would take up a lot of time and effort from the seller to read the emails and sift through it all. I've seen the community pull together in the past to raise complete collections for children who have long term health issues and other stuff so we should be able to pull together and give these repro dealers a headache for all the crap they are selling. What do you lot think? :)

mumbo
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mumbo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:16 pm

robpmarsh wrote:
elcroz wrote:Hasbro, Disney/LFL won't do anything about this? The copyright on vintage toys has already expired?

You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.

Maybe that's what needs to be done..... someone with the legal knowledge put together a well worded letter and then somebody with some computer/graphic skills come up with a convincing letterhead and then off it goes in the post to a certain person?

Call it a reproduction legal warning letter. It can all be done anonymously.

Ross_Barr
Regular
Regular

Postby Ross_Barr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:22 pm

mumbo wrote:
robpmarsh wrote:

You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.

Maybe that's what needs to be done..... someone with the legal knowledge put together a well worded letter and then somebody with some computer/graphic skills come up with a convincing letterhead and then off it goes in the post to a certain person?

I am a lawyer, and have sent multiple emails to Disney and LFL legal departments about these types of issues. And crickets on the other end....

Not even a "thanks for sending this, we will get right on."

Reason being neither makes any money anymore off the vintage action figure lines, so for them, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Hell, there hasn't been any juice left for a very long time.

mumbo
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mumbo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Ross_Barr wrote:
mumbo wrote:
robpmarsh wrote:

I am a lawyer, and have sent multiple emails to Disney and LFL legal departments about these types of issues. And crickets on the other end....

Not even a "thanks for sending this, we will get right on."

Reason being neither makes any money anymore off the vintage action figure lines, so for them, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Hell, there hasn't been any juice left for a very long time.

I was thinking more along the lines of an (un)official warning letter being sent to the maker of these items.

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dannywhiteley » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 pm

edd_jedi wrote:
Mr-shifter wrote:Don't panic guys.

His boxes are shit. Photocopies onto paper then glued to cardboard. You see one in hand you won't worry too much.

He is a cunt though.

Agreed, I've never seen a repro cardback or box that looks anything like an original in hand. Still a bell end for not clearly marking them as repro though.

Not that I for one minute condone this but he does mark them 'Made by Replicator Boxes' down one side. I think more than that the fact they are shit quality and quickly fade from what I've heard mean they are only ever short term fixes for part time 'collectors' and unlikely to fool anyone who knows even a little bit about vintage SW. Even the most pristine genuine vintage boxes have a feel and a smell that cannot be replicated by a guy and his lazer printer in 2017.

x-wingMark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby x-wingMark » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:40 pm

I often report these eBay listings as fake goods but nothing seems to get done about it by eBay. :cry:
The First Transport is Away!

Deploy the Garrison!

SWFUK Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17775

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:44 am

I have also reported him to Disney, Hasbro and eBay on numerous occasions. Nobody seems to give a fuck and this smug cunt knows it.

Leemcl
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Leemcl » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 pm

robpmarsh wrote:

Cannot understand this as it's still an IP infringement. You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.

Agree Rob. My dad ( 65 at the time ) got a snotty solicitors letter for selling a Cath Kidson IPhone case on eBay ( I Shit you not ) which they claimed was a replica and they threatened to take him to court ! It was a one off thing that he had been given and did not need for his iPhone, and the thing was legit in a retail box ! Yet these scum sucking CUNTS selling repro seem to get away with it and no consequence ever. I too am sick to death of Re-card / repro bollocks on eBay !

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”