Price sticker residue

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry if this has been covered before, is there a safe way to remove the glue residue from price stickers that have fallen off of cards?
I have a couple of cards with this residue, and would like to clean it off if possible, but am afraid of damaging the black litho card surface, or is it best to just leave them alone?

momike

Jedi Master
I have heard people talk of using lighter fluid to remove stickers and residue in the past but its not something i would feel brave enough to attempt myself :?

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I've used white spirit for years, never had any problems. Just don't rub too hard. If the glue is properly dry sometimes it just won't shift.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks for all yoir thoights.
I will give furnite polish a go, as this seems to be the least agressive chemical.
I'll show the tesults once I have tried on a "less valuable" card. :roll:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Armand78 said:
would polish also be okay to use if the residue is on the bubble?

Bubbles are much more resilient, I use Goo Gone on mine. I don't trust it on cardbacks though

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
Armand78 said:
would polish also be okay to use if the residue is on the bubble?

Bubbles are much more resilient, I use Goo Gone on mine. I don't trust it on cardbacks though

Ive used it on one recently, worked fine for me but I would use with caution and only use a small amount at a time.

Hooch

Jedi Knight
I'm not sure if you guys have this in the UK or Europe but its easily found in Oz and works pretty good getting stickers and residue off
desolvit.jpg

Here is a before and after shot of one I used it on
Awing7.JPG

Awing_2.JPG

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've used both lighter fluid and GooGone with success. Even on a damaged "New Figure £1.59" sticker and that's stuck with epoxy.

As mentioned, if the residue is a hard crust you'll do well to shift it without damage.

Hooch, I'm not a fan of removing undamaged procure stickers due to the history it adds, but I fecking hate those orange TRU stickers. Great job!

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
ScruffyLookingNH said:
As mentioned, if the residue is a hard crust you'll do well to shift it witho. ut damage
Hooch, I'm not a fan of removing undamaged procure stickers due to the history it adds, but I fecking hate those orange TRU stickers. Great job!

:lol: I hate those ones too

K9bye

Youngling
Ive used googone in the past, and now i use 151 sticker remover from ebay, its only £2. Ive had excellent results, id advise plenty of practice on old poor condition cardbacks is the way to go and lots and lots of patience! my best advise would be to take it slowly, its trial and error all the way!
TRU stickers ive fund are very easy to remove cleanly, however i do not attempt Kaybee stickers, they never come off well, no point trying to remove them.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Have you tried warming the sticker up with a hairdryer first? I find that helps remove the main paper part and then use Goo Gone for the remainder of the residue.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bunglebubs said:
Have you tried warming the sticker up with a hairdryer first? I find that helps remove the main paper part and then use Goo Gone for the remainder of the residue.
Now that sounds like a good idea

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom