Strange Luke Farmboy ?

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
So i've had this Luke Farmboy in my collection for many years and it's always been missing the lightsaber, I recently got a lightsaber for it and went to fit it but it doesn't fit through, looking at the hole it's a lot smaller than it should be, any ideas on this ? The figure is a no COO, see pics, the last picture is of another Luke Farmboy I have just for comparison, thanks

LukeFarmboy01_zpsrex81myy.jpg

LukeFarmboy03_zpsrr1ynswg.jpg

LukeFarmboy04_zps5gvinpzt.jpg

LukeFarmboy02_zpszi4hfims.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm no expert of which Luke sabers go with which Luke COOs, but the short answer is yes, definitely. Some sabers are indeed much thinner than others (and there are various shades of yellow too). The same is definitely true of Obi-Wan (and I dare say Vader too), as I experienced the same problem trying to add a genuine vintage saber to an Obi-Wan that didn't have one, only to find that it wouldn't fit. In the end, I found a much thinner vintage Obi-Wan saber and bingo! Perfect fit.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
This is a Trilogo luke, wouldve come with a bespin sabre. The hole in the arm is like semi circle rather than full circle, the Bespin sabre just pushes in his hand.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes the theory is that they put Bespin sabres with these Luke's because the original ones did not fit. Impossible to prove of course but seems plausible as there are so many on trilogo cards with the Bespin sabre.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
My Luke Farmboy came in a Wallworths 8 pack, without a saber.

I've been buying loose beaters for my son recently and the repro weapons for them often don't fit the figures they are ment for.

Chewbacca and Hoth Stormtrooper rifle are good examples.

Darth Satan

Youngling
Dannywhiteley said:
This is a Trilogo luke, wouldve come with a bespin sabre. The hole in the arm is like semi circle rather than full circle, the Bespin sabre just pushes in his hand.

This just never happened!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I agree it's probably just another case of collectors over-thinking things like all these nonsense "family" groups :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My childhood farmer luke was sold with a bespin saber on a tri-logo but it was not a no coo farmer luke but a hong kong

But I have heard your figure was also sold on tri-logo but I do not know if it was sold with a bespin saber.

Luke%20Skywalker%20199.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I remember I have also have some holes that was to small on some of my china farmer luke figures.

I use a saber with a broken tip to push through the small hole then it get's bigger and then you can put a saber with a tip through the hole :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom