Header image

Meccano Rarity Information

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Wreck-It Ralph
Regular
Regular

Meccano Rarity Information

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi

I have noticed Meccano carded figures on some of my searches when looking for other Star Wars items and wanted to get a better idea of which figures are rarest on the square Star Wars card. Whilst looking I have seen the Jawa almost everywhere and have also seen Ben and DSC so I presume these three are the most common. Could someone tell me what the order of rarity is within the first 20 square Meccano carded figures.

I have also seen a rectangular Meccano Star Wars card which looks more like a conventional card are MOC on this type of card rarer as I have not seen any of these?

I have not been able to find an existing post which answers these questions but if I have missed it could you point me in its direction.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Meccano Rarity Information

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm

If you're interested in Meccanos I would highly recommend getting Stephane Faucourt's Meccano to trilogo book. This details all the mecanno releases and has a handy reference for rarity.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MECCANO-TRILOG ... 2952704600

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Meccano Rarity Information

Postby maxf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 am

Lots of books out there written by very knowledgable French collectors - even with a rarity ranking. I'd pick those up first to get you started.
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”