Collection or Obsession?

Gaz46&2

Padawan
A collection is healthy an obsession is not.

There is always that part of us that knows when something isn't right.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I have a healthy obsession, often think about what I'm going to buy next but only buy something when I have the cash. :)

poncho

Grand Master
when you wake up in middle of the night check for sale threads/fb groups

and first thing you do when you wake up in the morning.....

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
It's an obsession when you leave the house at 5:30am on a Sunday morning after a Saturday night, to be one of the first at the boot sale in the vain hope of that fabled loft find bargain :lol:

Lindo

Sith Lord
I think it is an obsession with me around potf moc's, I see one and I just have to try to buy it, I mean I have 3 barada's and 2 afa 85 imperial dignitary's not to mention many other double and triples, I think collecting I would only have 1 of each, I think I need to see a shrink :?

maxf

Jedi Master
Obsession I think. I probably need to go cold turkey for a couple of months... right after I land what I'm looking at now (1 day after my last acquisition).

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Joe said:
It's an obsession the day you register an account on a toy forum :)

It's an unhealthy obsession when you are too scared to go to celebration because you don't know what you will bring back with you when you return :shock:

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Joe said:

It's an unhealthy obsession when you are too scared to go to celebration because you don't know what you will bring back with you when you return :shock:

I thought that would be a good thing :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Bunglebubs said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Joe said:

I thought that would be a good thing :lol:

It would be if I didn't really want to go to Celebration but I do :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
Obsession sounds s bit creepy to me, but I reckon there's a healthy version.

Back in the early 90s going out looking for vintage was always in the back of my mind. Then when I had a roomful it was just something to look at. Then I met a girl and became less concerned about most of the stuff so sold a load off. But it must still have been precious to me as there were items I would never sell, things I have now.

Maybe an obsession would be something you put above all else. It's never been that. So it is collecting for me.

Lindo

Sith Lord
x-pack said:

Back in the early 90s going out looking for vintage was always in the back of my mind. Then when I had a roomful it was just something to look at. Then I met a girl and became less concerned about most of the stuff so sold a load off. But it must still have been precious to me as there were items I would never sell, things I have now.

Maybe an obsession would be something you put above all else. It's never been that. So it is collecting for me.
you met a girl, didn't think us star wars geeks met many of those :p

x-pack

Grand Master
Lindo said:
x-pack said:

you met a girl, didn't think us star wars geeks met many of those :p

I had to go to the far east to meet that girl!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
x-pack said:

I hope that doesn't make me a creepy guy, like one of the guys of The Adams Family :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom