Sy Snootles - vintage or not?!

KennethKenobi

Youngling
I hope I've done this right. This is only my second post and first with photos! Hopefully you can all see the photos of Sy Snootles.

I know this is probably a silly question and as a collector of Vintage Star Wars figures I should know the answer, but is this a vintage Sy Snootles from the 80's?! The reason I ask is because I have just bought this off eBay to complete my set of 70s-80s figures and checking its legs it appears to say Hong Kong on one and (c) LFL 98 on the other!

I thought this was the original figure and the figure issued in 1998 was more cartoonish looking!

Have I just made a school boy error and bought the wrong figure or is this some mistake on the original. I have tried to include a pic of the leg but not sure it's very clear.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 662

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hard to see the stamp, but I have never heard about one from the 90s that look like the one from the 80s.

The one from the 98 is here and is not that one.

Joh%20Yowza%20&%20Sy%20Snootles%2001.JPG

poncho

Grand Master
odd very odd

i know vintage ev9d9 and ig88 moulds were used for potf2 line.

maybe they tried it with sy snootles and sacked it off. you could have a unique piece :)

KennethKenobi

Youngling
I'm at work at the moment so will have to get a magnify glass on it when I get in, but in the light it definitely looks like 98 and not 83?!

Anyway I think I'm happy that it is vintage and it completes my set. I just need to start getting some missing weapons and replacing some torn capes now - which is a whole new minefield of whether they're original or not!

KennethKenobi

Youngling
Thanks all for the responses. Feel a bit of a numpty. On closer inspection at home, rather than in the works toilet like some dodgy drug dealer who has just received a parcel in the post, I could just make out the 1 before the 98 and the 3 in the blue on the leg!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom