Header image

Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
currymonster6290
Regular
Regular
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby currymonster6290 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:49 pm

anyone going to this traveling from derby area? my lift has let me down today :(

User avatar
tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby tobedesu » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:53 am

If anyone could take some photos it would be greatly appreciated by those who can't make it, cheers.
Off to work now... :cry:

User avatar
Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5404
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: North Wales - Beyond The Outer Rim!

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby Frunkstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:09 pm

OMG place was heaving, nice to put some faces to names, never seen so much vintage in one place at the same time.

Had a good day
If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

Image

Please check out the baggie guide here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

User avatar
palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Short day but a real good one :) was v nice to c u guys again 8) Picked up a couple of v nice MOCs from Simon and something seriously cool from Grant :wink:

Also many thanks Jamie for the Rebo Band acrylic case-fits like a glove 8)

Cheers guys.
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

User avatar
Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:26 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby Bunglebubs » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Did anyone take any photos so us folk up north can get to see what we missed?
There is no spoon!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2689
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 am

Nearly recovered from this. Nearly.

Got to say how impressive that event was. The Echo guys did a great job and the atmosphere was superb. There was way more vintage than I was expecting and a really good selection of modern bits, art, acrylic and all sorts.

Finally met most of the mods from Echo Base. What a nice bunch or guys they are. James, Ben, Nick, Stu and myself were behind our 5-table stand (30ft of vintage awesomeness!) most of us in SWFUK t-shirts and they all came over and made an effort to say hi and have a natter. Managed to meet all the names you'd recognise from Echo (if you're on there) like Adam Pemberton, Paul Desykes, Wayne Totty, Alan Troy, Neil Donnelly and finally the superb Dan Tearle. I know I've missed some out of that list, apologies to them!

The event was well organised and is only going to get bigger and better. Nice convenient location with the shopping centre, too. I was even able to bank the day's taking before I blew the lot on cheap booze in the evening.

Speaking of which, the social afterwards was excellent. Along with the good amount of SWFUKers there was a great amount of EBers there. Clearly alcohol is the second thing we have in common after vintage. My memory is very hazey after about 2100 but I do know a good time was had. And Grant didn't even get barred.

So good to catch up with so many of you. Mark and Lee's stand was looking awesome, Grant was flogging super cheap but super nice POTFII stuff (my only purchases and I'm bloody chuffed with them, thanks mate), and I didn't even get out from my stand to say hi to Jamie at GW!

I know there's still a degree of antagonism between the two formats and groups of users but I would say that by not going (for whatever reason) you really are missing out on a superb event. The hotels are dirt cheap (£50 a night at the Holiday Inn Express which is a short walk to the event and a very short stumble to the pub). Adam is after a bigger shop for next time to hold it in and here's hoping he finds it. The bigger it is the better it will become.

Not going to say thank you to all the guys who bought off my or just stopped for a chat and catch up. You know who you are and I hope to see you again at FF.

These real life events are the life blood of the hobby. By getting out from behind the keyboards we get to know the people that have shared love for the toys. I'm as guilty as anyone else here for forming opinions of people I haven't met. I'm really pleased that some of them have been smashed this weekend and I now have a load of new SW collecting friends.
Last edited by ScruffyLookingNH on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5898
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:42 am

Glad to hear it was a success! Will definitely try and make the next one.

User avatar
RetroDan16
New User
New User
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:33 am
Contact:

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby RetroDan16 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 am

I'd just like to say thank you all who came down, was fantastic to meet so many of you and have a good chat (in fact I think I spent more time chatting than buying!)
Some of the stuff there was incredible to see in person, and it was so nice to put more faces to names and to see everyone just talking about their love of toys.
I'll post some photos up later on when I'm on my computer, but to all who came, buying, selling or just drinkng (!) honestly, thank you for making the event a big success.
Simon, I just thought you'd be a bit taller.
Disappointed. :lol:

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7860
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby Grant_C » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:05 am

I have no memory after 21:00. Made a lot of calls to mates according to my phone. :?

Hope I was a happy drunk :?

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2689
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:05 am

RetroDan16 wrote:I'd just like to say thank you all who came down, was fantastic to meet so many of you and have a good chat (in fact I think I spent more time chatting than buying!)
Some of the stuff there was incredible to see in person, and it was so nice to put more faces to names and to see everyone just talking about their love of toys.
I'll post some photos up later on when I'm on my computer, but to all who came, buying, selling or just drinkng (!) honestly, thank you for making the event a big success.
Simon, I just thought you'd be a bit taller.
Disappointed. :lol:


Sorry mate :lol: Great to finally meet you in person! Don't know why you get stick for your height you weren't an inch under an Ewok :D

Grant_C wrote:I have no memory after 21:00. Made a lot of calls to mates according to my phone. :?

Hope I was a happy drunk :?


Mate, you were good company and on top form. Although I can't testify for later as I know I lost all control of mouth, legs, balance and wallet.

User avatar
RetroDan16
New User
New User
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:33 am
Contact:

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby RetroDan16 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
RetroDan16 wrote:I'd just like to say thank you all who came down, was fantastic to meet so many of you and have a good chat (in fact I think I spent more time chatting than buying!)
Some of the stuff there was incredible to see in person, and it was so nice to put more faces to names and to see everyone just talking about their love of toys.
I'll post some photos up later on when I'm on my computer, but to all who came, buying, selling or just drinkng (!) honestly, thank you for making the event a big success.
Simon, I just thought you'd be a bit taller.
Disappointed. :lol:


Sorry mate :lol: Great to finally meet you in person! Don't know why you get stick for your height you weren't an inch under an Ewok :D

Grant_C wrote:I have no memory after 21:00. Made a lot of calls to mates according to my phone. :?

Hope I was a happy drunk :?


Mate, you were good company and on top form. Although I can't testify for later as I know I lost all control of mouth, legs, balance and wallet.


I think I'd prefer to be a Jawa :oops:

User avatar
SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2191
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby SublevelStudios » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Let's play a game.

There's one thing that links all 3 of these pictures, what is it?:

Image
Image
Image

The winner receives a personal visit from Lee Bullock and his middle finger.

User avatar
SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2191
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby SublevelStudios » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:26 pm

It was a bloody awesome day...and night!

Was busy all day and met so many people, thoroughly enjoyed the banter and the beer that Jason Joiner bought us weary traders ;)

The evening was another epic night, a laugh from start to finish.

Just a few of the pics I took:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1155
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 pm
Location: Durham

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby Lindo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:49 pm

SublevelStudios wrote:Let's play a game.

There's one thing that links all 3 of these pictures, what is it?:

Image
Image
Image

The winner receives a personal visit from Lee Bullock and his middle finger.

Is it that they aren't the prettiest boys going :P
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

User avatar
sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: UK

Re: Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Postby sparkysx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Was a great day, looking forward to Farthest from, hope everyone will be there aswell!


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Mr-shifter, Pomse2001 and 3 guests